A Subtrope of Big Eater
and Extreme Omnivore
in which a character (sometimes more) eats a massive portion of food, sometimes much bigger than they are, really fast. Some cartoons even give the act a sound effect like that of a power saw or woodchipper.
Often used by the Horde of Alien Locusts
, if smaller than human size, to horrifying effect, leaving only bones in their wake
- The titular Coneheads all make use of this trope when "consuming mass quantities", including their daughter, who impresses a would-be boyfriend by eating an entire foot-long Subway sandwich in about three seconds.
- The Taxxon of Animorphs have a literal Buzzsaw Jaw. Their mouth is a gaping hole with rows of teeth. Each row can be twisted back and forth at high-speed to create the impresion of a buzzsaw.
- In the The Langoliers, the titular Clock Roaches have huge mouths that can tear through everything in as much time as it takes to read this sentence. The Film of the Book takes this one step further by giving them three rows of alternately rotating metallic teeth, making them look like a cross between Pac-Man and an excavation drill.
- Happened at least once with Larry Kubiac on Parker Lewis Can't Lose.
- This became a running gag on Family Ties when Meredith Baxter-Birney had to take time off for pregnancy. Her character, also pregnant, was kept offscreen, frequently demanding and buzzsawing food. They once claimed she ate a whole watermelon in a handful of seconds.
- Mileena uses this to eat an opponent's head (or entire body) as a fatality in Mortal Kombat.