open/close all folders
- Walkers used to run adverts for their "french fries" (basically long, thin potato based snacks) where they were eaten like this (though without the ding).
- In The Girls Guide To Hunting And Fishing, the narrator says her older brother normally eats corn on the cob this way, but the first time he brings a girlfriend home from college he's suddenly too adult to do it in front of her.
- The image for this page comes from Out of the Inkwell, which features a literal example of this trope.
- On Animaniacs, Wakko did this once, complete with Leroy Anderson's "The Typewriter" as accompaniment.
- Templeton does this in the fairground scene of Charlotte's Web.
- One Porky Pig cartoon when Porky was a farmer had chickens getting into his cornfield and doing this.
- Used in the Disney shorts Mickey's Trailer and Donald's Cousin Gus.
- Scooby-Doo has done this several times with corn on the cob.
- Tom does this with a rib in an episode of Tom and Jerry.
- Happens on the Sanjay and Craig episode "Tufflips' Tales of Terror" during the "Haüs of Vings" short when the duo eats the roof of said "haüs".
- In the opening sequence of Tiny Planets, one of the protagonists eats a corn cob like this before setting out on the day's adventure.