A Christopher Moore novel that came out in 2003.A marine biologist named Nathan Quinn discovers a whale with "BITE ME" on its tail fin. He sets out to investigate the cause of this mystery and ends up getting tangled in the affairs of monsters and the like.
This novel provides examples of:
- Broken Aesop
- Cosmic Horror Story
- Either/Or Title
- Half-Human Hybrids: There are some whale-human hybrids with four fingers floating around.
- Organic Technology: The whale ships.
- Rape and Switch: A pair of female marine biologists are at sea researching the mating patterns of humpback whales, when their tiny boat is caught between a female humpback and a pair of males. After being savagely beaten by ten foot long penises and covered in gallons of whale semen, they promptly decide to become lesbians.
- Ready for Lovemaking: Amy to Nathan.
- Shout-Out: The title is to I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings