Literature: Island of the Sequined Love Nun
Tucker Case crashes a plane he's piloting while having sex and gets blacklisted from flying in the United States. To get around this he flies a cargo plane between Japan and an island in Micronesia instead. He encounters a missionary/doctor and his wife who are exploiting the island's natives by manipulating their worship
A novel by Christopher Moore
written in 1997.
This novel provides examples of:
- Bigger Bad: The villain pair's unnamed Japanese customers.
- Cut His Heart Out with a Spoon
- Expy: Zoophilia, an expy of William Shakespeare's Ophelia
- God Guise
- Groin Attack: Tucker's unfortunate injury at the start of the book.
- I Am A Humanitarian: Sarapul.
- I Take Offense to That Last One:
Kimi: You're a mean, nasty, Chevy-driving, Milk-drinking, American dog fucker!
Tucker Case: I don't drink milk! (thinking) Ha! Won that round.
- Jesus Was Way Cool: Vincent even plays cards with Jesus.
- Mile-High Club: While one of the participants was supposed to be flying the bloody aeroplane, no less.
- The Ophelia: Zoophilia
- Organ Theft: The two Big Bads convince the natives that they are the personification of the local's cargo cult gods. It turns out they have an entire database composed of the native's medical information and are running an on-demand black organ market, harvesting (among other things) kidneys, hearts and corneas.
- Really Gets Around: Tucker, prior to the accident.
- Shout-Out: Quite a few to William Shakespeare.
- Talking Animal: Roberto the fruit bat.
- The Vamp: The Sky Priestess
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Kimi
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Once it becomes clear that the operation is over, the Japanese immediately try to kill the two villains.
- You No Take Candle: Kimi and the islanders.