Lets Play: The Best Worst Lets Plays
The members of the trainwreck. note
Schir: "This is going is going to be a trainwreck."
The collab channel known as The Best Worst Let's Plays
is hosted by kirbyletsplayify
. They are a group of people who are regularly satirizing all the crappy Let's Plays on the internet
, and they have no shame in saying that they, too are a crappy Let's Play community. Their members include Kirbs, the main guy who is playing the games most of the time; Roy, the one getting mad at Kirbs and spouting off random bits of trivia; Schir, the vulgar one, Synchou, the one who left after the first few episode of Platinum, but whom everyone seems talk about; Alex, the man who makes the art for the channel; and Tanner, the sixth one.
Their Members Include:
- kirbyletsplayify (Kirbs)
- Roy725 (Roy)
- Synchou The Great (Synchou)
- Dark Pikmin (Alex)
- Fire Emblem237 (Tanner)
Games They've Played: (In Chronological Order)
None confirmed at the moment
The Best Worst Pokemon Platinum Let's Play
- Beam Me Up, Scotty!: Neither Kirbs nor Schir remember half the shit they said in the first episodes.
- Berserk Button: Don't talk to Synchou about LOST.
- Roy gets pissed off when Kirbs doesn't buy anything from the Pokemarts and fails miserably.
- Big "OMG!": Kirbs and Tanner do one after Zubat nearly killed Shinx with a critical bite.
- Bifauxnen: The main reason Tanner had a crush on Bugsy when he was a kid.
- Big "WHAT?!": Repeatedly said after Tanner's NSFW story about Terry and Erika.
- Black Guy Dies First: Discussed by Schir, if resorting to cannibalism, Schir would eat Kirbs not because he's black, but because he's fat.
- Brick Joke: Roy makes the same joke in Episode 24 that he did in episode 5.
Schir: "Don't worry Kirbs, I believe in you about as much as I believe in God!"
Schir: "I'm an atheist."
- Brief Accent Imitation: Happens quite a bit, even if the accent is hardly an accent. The most prominent moment is during the first episode during the Turt-wig moment.
- Buffy Speak: Schir does this a bit, as does Tanner.
- The Bus Came Back: Schir.
- Butt Monkey: Tanner. Just Tanner.
- Can't Catch Up: The enemies once Kirbs decides to cheat.
- Catchphrase: Roy often says "Oh God..." after someone says something incredibly stupid.
- "Let me google that for you" - Everybody
- "And we are all penis monsters"
- Comically Missing the Point:
Kirbs: "Glad it's not the early 90s, where people were using socks for a totally non-footwear reasons."
Roy: "Yeah like putting them on their hands."
- Content Warning: "Is this a video for children on youtube? Whoops, uh.. warning, there may be strong language. Fuck, Shit, God Damn It." - Schir.
- From the description in the first 6 episodes: "Warning - Strong language, gratuitous not talking about the game, and actual discussion about the internet. You have been warned!"
- Corpsing: Forget attempting not to laugh, they laugh out loud, ALL THE TIME.
- Crazy Cultural Comparison: Synchou compares Doug Walker to Kanye West.
- Disproportionate Retribution: If Roy sees a mouse cursor on the screen of any LP, he immediately dislikes the video and leaves.
- Don't Explain the Joke: Has to be said to Tanner, because he doesn't understand half the joke people say.
- Double Entendre: Roy, Schir and Synchou are all the biggest abusers of this trope.
I find it's very convinient to grab a ball out of my pants." - Roy.
- Easy Amnesia: Drak is convinced Tanner has this.
- Enraged By Idiocy: Comically, Roy gets really upset when anyone does something stupid, whether its Kirby not getting items or Tanner being Tanner.
- Epic Fail: Kirbs always seems to run out of healing items and pokeballs.
- Apparently some girl named Fawn never shows up to the episodes because she's either too early or too late.
- The emulator crashes after Episode 26 causing Kirbs to have to do every thing he did for the THIRD TIME
- Everything Is Racist: Tanner is extremely racist towards Kirbs... kind of.
"What's your favorite color?"
"THAT'S RACIST, YOU SHOULD LOVE ALL COLORS EQUALLY!"
- Five-Man Band: According to Episode 31,
- The Hero: Kirbs, the one who hosts the whole thing.
- The Lancer: Schir, by a very long and nonsensical argument about TV Tropes that ended with Roy saying that he is, quote, "THE. SMART. GUY!"
- The Big Guy: Alex, the one who makes most of the sprites and stuff.
- The Smart Guy: Roy, only because he seemed to know the most about the game.
- The Chick: Synchou, though according to canon Roy is also this.
- Sixth Ranger Traitor: Tanner, the one who left after Eterna's gym.
- Four-Man Band: Of the original four,
- Only Sane Man: Kirby, who actively tries to get the guys to focus on the game
- The Smart Guy: Roy, the only who is the looker-upper person.
- The Pervert: Schir, who mainly is the most vulgar out of the four, which is completely fucking bullshit
- The Butt Monkey: Synchou, only because he doesn't fit in anywhere else.
- Furry Fandom: "You want some Amy Rose hentai? Have some Amy Rose hentai."
- Two Words: Medicham Hentai.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Synchou gives us this beauty of a line with: "I only pick the girl because she's go kawaii desu moe sensei san, so..."
- Its Pronounced Tropay: Roy's friend from the south pronounces Turtwig as Turt-wig. He then proceeds to call Turtwig this for the rest of the time its on screen.
- Generally anything Drak says because English isn't his first language.
- L Is for Dyslexia: Rake of Lage, from the first episode.
- Man of a Thousand Voices: Roy can do spot-on impressions of Hank Hill and Marge Simpson.
- Ms. Fanservice: Kirbs provides a classic quote of "Mars! There is so much hentai of her."
- Tanner often asks about the hottest playable characters and the hottest gym leader/ elite 4 member.
- Noodle Incident: Something Tanner did to get him kicked out of the series.
- On the Next: Delivered by the whole group at the end of episode 21, all with heavy amounts of Shout-Out.
- One of Us: Schir flat out goes on TV Tropes in episode 3 to see if Roy really has a legitimate page.
- He has also made several edits to this page, including this one.
- Only Sane Man: Kirbs started out as this, but is slowly slipping, meanwhile Roy has gotten better,
- Our Slogan Is Terrible: In-Universe, Alex has a pretty horrific one for Tanner:
- Precision F-Strike: "Damn it Schir, what did we say about using the Fuck word?"
- "Fuck, fuck, fuckity, fuck, fuck. There, now I've lost all the children."
- Put on a Bus: Synchou
- Running Gag: "The Best Worst Pokemon Platinum Lets Play is brought to you by..."
- Sarcasm Mode: Most members do this, unfortunately, Tanner seems to be pretty oblivious to this.
- Serious Business: They consider Pokemon Platinum LPs to be this.
- Also, Kirbs says that Abriged Series wars are very serious.
- Spit Take: Narrowly avoided by Alex after Roy makes a joke.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Roy, Kirbs and Tanner seem to the most talkative.
- Take That: From the first episode, Schir wonders if he's doing [the LP] right if he can turn on his facecam, bashing all facecam LPs in the process.
- Kirbs does a huge Take That to IGN after he got copyright claims from them on a video with the Gamespot watermark in the corner.
- Almost every member towards Tanner whenever they make a joke about him playing all his LPs blind.
- Tastes Like Snake: How Schir and Roy describe the taste of fried rattlesnake.
- Unusual Euphemism: "Imma cut you like a fish"
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: Joked about after Kirbs beats Gardenia.
- Yandere: A Funny Background Event moment, In-Universe, Roy is Yandere unless Schir is around.
The Best Worst Humongous Entertainment Thing
Featuring: Roy, gogojojo, Drak, and Synchou
The Best Worst Golden Sun Let's Play
- Theme Naming: Each character is named after one of the people in the channel.
- Isaac is Roy
- Garet is Kirby
- Ivan is Glyde
- Mia is Sncho