"Bad Ideas Are Such A Good Idea."
Rawrzaur is a LetsPlayer
on Youtube who is best known for playing videogames with incredibly high difficulty and finding obscure glitches in nearly every game he plays. He was formerly known as ZeroMegamanX, and Lets Played dozens of I Wanna Be The Guy fangames under that name.
His current Youtube channel can be found here
, and his former one here
In addition to Youtube, Rawrzaur frequently streams various games on his Twitch account, which can be found here
Several of the games that he has played include, but are most definitely not limited to:
His Let's Plays and other videos provide examples of:
- A.I. Breaker: Discovered and abused during his LP of Shaq Fu, where in the second part he discovers how badly the AI responds to repeated use of the jump kick move. Considering the trouble he had just trying to defeat the very first opponent in part 1 while trying to fight legitimately, seeing him suddenly exploiting this one move to plow his way straight to the final boss within a single part was pretty hilarious.
- Inverted in the final boss fight against Sett Ra, who was actually smart enough to not jump head first into Rawr's attack like all the other enemies before had.
- Angrish: Rawr is usually pretty calm regardless of how difficult the game he's playing is, but there have been occasions when something is just so bullshit that even he can't hold it in anymore. It takes A LOT to push him to this point, so if he slips into this, then you know something is REALLY bad. It's actually quite jarring to hear for those who have never seen it before.
- Blessed with Suck: To him, this is what his game-breaking abilities are. To his viewers, they are an endless source of hilarity.
- Although Word of God says that Anon or Valkama(whatever floats your boat) is more likely to break a game than Rawr is.
- Born Lucky: There have been numerous occasions where his luck was so good that it seemed completely impossible to those watching.
- In one such instance, he won an entire game of Mario Party through nothing but sheer dumb luck. His friends who were playing against him at the time, reacted as you would expect. The party in question can be watched here: link.
- In another case of ridiculous luck, he played the slots in Pokemon: Fire Red and got 10 jackpots over the course of 17 minutes by just mashing A and not even trying to time the slots properly. For those interested in seeing it happen, here's the video: link.
- Captain Oblivious: Rawr tends to overthink things a lot, and as a result, often completely misses the most obvious solutions to simple puzzles.
- Defeat Equals Friendship: After he finished playing Boshy, and SM 74, he actually became friends with their creators. (Solgryn and LugMillord respectively)
- Inverted in the cases of Liam, UltraJman, and Billy, whom he was friends with before he ever played their respective games.
- Four Is Death: Faz's Humiliation Conga in this Mario Party video. He couldn't roll anything other than 4, and quickly fell behind as a result. It reached it's logical conclusion about three minutes into the video: He had rolled a 4 four times in a row, he was in 4th place, and as he started to say it would be perfect if only he had 4 coins, he realized that the amount he did have (16), was 4 squared. In his own words, he had become the physical embodiment of 4.
- Kaizo Trap: During his Battletoads stream. After defeating the final boss, he was killed by her during the post-battle cutscene. His reaction is exactly what you would expect given the situation.
- It happened again multiple times in his stream of Kaizo Megaman X, where modifications to several boss rooms would result in this when he beat them if he wasn't standing in the exact right spot.
- Inverted in Billy's Messed Up Mario World, where after clearing one particular level and walking into what appears to be one of these, several off-screen springs prevent him from actually dying.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Even though he is allergic to cats, he owns one named Beethoven and refuses to get rid of it because he loves it too much. As a result, it's not at all unusual to hear him coughing quite a bit during his videos.
- Let Us Never Speak of This Again: Any mention of his past as ZeroMegamanX will often be met with "Who is that asshole? Someone I should know about?" or something of the like. He tends to act as though they are two separate people, and doesn't like to even acknowledge that part of his past.
- Memetic Badass: Turtlebird. So much so that in the stream that spawned the meme, an edit war was waged on Yugioh wiki with numerous stream viewers editing the text on Turtlebird's page to claim "Turtlebird is god" and other such things.
- Tractor rat; He gets the job done no matter what, and not even death can stop him. According to the stream chat, he was taught the ways of being a badass by turtlebird himself.
- My Greatest Failure: According to him, ZeroMegamanX was the dark knight who was vanquished by the paladin Rawrzaur.
- Never Live It Down: Despite his desire to expand his horizons and play a greater variety of games, he will always have a legacy for playing I Wanna Be The Guy fangames.
- Old Shame: He once created his own fangame, known as I Wanna Be The X. He now readily admits that it was a piece of crap. Upon playing it again himself during one of his streams, he began to wonder what the heck he was thinking when he designed certain areas of the game.
- Running Gag: Several.
- Breaking every game he plays.
- Missing the most obvious solutions to puzzles and doing things in the most roundabout ways possible.
- Doing the most difficult part of a stage on his first try, and then struggling to complete much easier parts.
- Effortlessly avoiding a trap his first time through a stage, and then falling for it repeatedly once he actually becomes aware of it.
- Tempting fate and being screwed over immediately afterward.
- SNK Boss: Sett Ra from Shaq Fu, who was not only able to take off about a quarter of Rawr's health with each hit and only took half as much damage as the rest of the opponents did, but also managed to overcome the A.I. Breaker that Rawr had used to bulldoze his way through every other fight in the game. To put it in perspective, everything up to that point combined only took him 20 minutes. The battle against Sett Ra alone took him an hour to beat.
- So Bad, It's Good: His view on Sonic '06 among other things.
- Symbol Swearing: He has censored the words Boshy and Kappa in his Twitch stream chat, so any attempt to say them will only result in *** appearing instead.
- This censorship has since been disabled, and is now no longer in effect.
- Tempting Fate: One of his greatest weaknesses. He does it so often that it has become a running gag.
- True Companions: His friends Dovei and Megsie, who have helped him endure bullshit hard levels in games numerous times by co-commentating with him.
- The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard: Encounted during his VS playthrough of Horror Land, where a CPU Normal controlled Mario ends up winning thanks to a second star on his last turn in a hidden block on the space he lands on. Billy, one of the players in the game, holds a grudge against Mario, even after playing Mario Party 3 on the Desert board and WINNING
- In his LP of Shaq Fu, he notes how virtually every opponent has a much larger movepool than the the character he was forced to use. So naturally, it should come as no surprise that when he discovered the A.I. Breaker above, he exploited the heck out of it.
- Up to Eleven: What do you get when you cross Sonic '06, one of the glitchiest games ever made, with Rawrzaur, a guy who can't help but break any game he plays? Pure undiluted glitch-filled hilarity, that's what.
- Walking Techbane: There isn't a single game known to man that Rawrzaur can't find a way to break, be it intentionally or not.
- Apparently it runs in the family: During a stream of Super Smash Bros Brawl, he had his little sister play and she glitched through the stage. See the highlight for yourself here.
- And as displayed in this video, it seems that it's also capable of spreading to his friends as well. A while back one of his other friends made a joke about it being contagious. Seeing this, it kinda makes you wonder if he was actually onto something...
- What Could Have Been: In this video, there is mention of a Mario Party round that wasn't recorded. One can only imagine the hilarious antics that happened in said match given Rawr's track record with that game.