Bad Rats: The Rats' Revenge is a physics based Puzzle Game made by Invent 4 Entertainment. The player must place various pieces of junk along with the eponymous rats to construct a Rube Goldberg Machine with the goal of setting off a Death Trap and murdering a cat, presumably as revenge for some past grievance.Also it's getting a sequel due to its So Bad, It's Good concensus
This game contains examples of:
- Black Comedy: The microwave oven has a "cat" setting.
- Camera Screw: The game uses a "one-position" camera, but in perspetive view. This makes it slightly hard to see if you're placing the rat at the right position when behind a corner.
- Killer Rabbit: One of the traps unleashes a frenzied chihuahua.
- Luck-Based Mission: The physics library contains some randomized values, potentially screwing up an otherwise correct machine, or getting an "incorrect" machine to function. Sometimes, the ball falls off the front, effectively removing it from play.
- Ludicrous Gibs: Happens to the cats, at least when they're not being burned alive or vaporized. The rats can also be gibbed by explosions.
- Refuge in Audacity: The Bomber rat is dressed as a Middle Eastern terrorist.
- Rube Goldberg Machine: The gameplay premise, where you need to get the ball to touch the objective.
- 2½D: The actual playing field is only 2D, but objects can and often do fall into the foreground, sometimes from random events.