xRed5433x (Otherwise known as Red) is a gamer and Youtuber Lets Player
who showcases games with him and his friends from the group Seasoned Duck (Known in his channel as a Letís Multiplay series) or full letís plays alone.
Red also does reviews of games, whether a specific one, or a series in general with occasional co-commentators. Another series known in his channel is his Top 10 series based on videogames. Heís oftentimes known for his light-hearted approach to games and love of classic games in general.
His Youtube channel can be found here
Tropes that appear in these videos:
- A Day in the Limelight: Certain videos are only Red and a single friend of his from Seasoned Duck, as a Co-Op player or co-commentator.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Occasionally happens
- Be Careful What You Say: Heís quite bad at this, oftentimes causing something to backfire on him.
- Big "OMG!": Tends to do that if heís having a lot of trouble in a level or boss.
- Big "WHAT?!": His friend Madole did this in the Dig Dug video, see Your Princess Is in Another Castle.
- Butt Monkey: Happens to pretty much everyone at some point.
- Catch Phrase: ĎHey folks, itís the Red!í
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Him and his friends are like this from time to time.
- Death Montage: Used frequently on levels he has trouble with, one example being the Minecart levels in DKC.
- Epic Fail: Happens to him or his friends at some point.
- Exact Words: One humorous instance in the Dig Dug Multiplay.
Red: Blow up! Blow up! (Madole blows him up)
Red: No, don't blow me up!
Madole: Well, you said to blow up!
- Flashback: Used in the Mystical Ninja let's play, mentioning the forewarnings he gave of his most hated level, Michinoku.
- Friendly Target: Sometimes occurs in Co-Op games with friendly fire. See example in Exact Words.
- Grammar Nazi: He likes to poke fun at some of the bad translations in games.
- Gravity Sucks: Humourous one in the Donkey Kong Country Co-Op, after gravity suddenly works underwater after getting hit.
Squeaky: But how does gravity work in the water?
- Not Quite Dead: His friend Vortex (as Toon Link) manages to survive getting knocked down all the way down into the bottomless pit, only for her to come back right up to the stage in Round 4 of SSBB.
- Quite appropriately, she did use the power of the winds there.
- Pungeon Master: Red loves to invoke this trope in general, along with the sound effect for it.
- Running Gag: Quite a few of these from time to time.
- Schedule Slip: Normally averted during a Letís Play, he tries his best to maintain a consistent schedule.
- Sound Effect Bleep: Due to Red's dislike of swearing, this was used in the Donkey Kong Country Co-Op with Squeaky, mainly for him.
- Squick: This is pretty much Red's reaction to being flushed by a toilet in Banjo-Kazooie.
- Tempting Fate: Oh so much.
- That One Level: Several in some games, one example being that Red really hates the bramble stages in Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest co-op play, he really makes that clear.
Red: I hate brambles...
- Too Dumb to Live: Happens to him and his friends occasionally.
- Training Montage: Used in the Mystical Ninja let's play, in preparation against Michinoku, his most hated level of the game.
- Troll: Almost everyone does this at some point, for Red, sometimes it is unintentional, one example being in Dig Dug.
- Your Princess Is in Another Castle: Expecting the Dig Dug videos to be over quick, he and his friend Madole soon learn the game likes to reveal more levels after what appears to be the end, not once but twice.
Games Red has showcased: