- Despite their hostility, Lianne defends Shen's health and genetic ability openly against Councilor Wong's remarks. For that he gives her a book telling about her mother's birthlands as an apology. As they depart, the corners of her beak twitch into the beginnings of a smile at him for the first time.
- Lord Goa and Lady Jing offer Lianne comfort as she confesses her bad ties with her father.
- After Lianne tells Shen of how she was sent to Gongmen City and how her father treats her, he feels the need to keep her safe, and together they part for the Tower of the Sacred Flame.
- Lianne buys a large box of cakes and goes to share them for the poor.
- After being saved from Haun's gang, Lianne feels weak for sticking to her pacifistic views instead of trying to free herself. Shen makes her feel better by telling her that she is not weak for staying true to her believes in the face of such danger.
- Lianne hugging Shen out of gratitude for the silver fan he has made for her.
- Shen having fun with Lianne during the Moon Festival they've put up together.
- Before her death, Lady Amelia seems to take approval in Shen, in contrast to her husband. It's implied that she encourages the thought of Shen and Lianne together with the way she often brings up Shen in her discussions with her daughter.
- There is one moment in Lianne's strained conversation with her father where he gives a closest thing to approval that he can give.
Lord Chang: Lianne... I know that one day you will be a fine woman. You are beautiful, intelligent, graceful, sophisticated, regal... you are everything I tried to make. But... there was never enough time.
- After their argument following Lady Amelia's death, Shen and Lianne finally confess their feelings to each other and have their First Kiss.
- The happiness of Lord Goa and Lady Jing for Shen and Lianne's engagement.
- Despite the fact that Lang exposing Shen's crime of mass murder started Lianne's unhappiness, she doesn't hold grudges towards the duck for that and keeps him as a friend.
- When Zhan rushes to the throne room to inform Shen of Po, Lianne calls out to him in relief for seeing him, making him briefly stop and almost smile at the friend he hasn't seen for thirty years until Shen turns his attention back to him.
- This little thing Shen says at the end of his duel with Lianne.
"Your kindness makes you weak, Lianne. Even when you hate someone, you still want to save them. You try to save everyone, even I who cannot be saved! But... that is why I love you..."
- Zhan and Jade's friendship is sweet to the point that it gives momentary happiness to Lianne.
- During Shen's time in sickbed, his and Lianne's conversation gives some hope for them in the reader's mind. He encourages her to pick up again her passion for painting.
- After being told by Ah-Ma that it's thanks to Lianne that he barely avoided execution, Shen confronts Lianne about this and she confesses her feelings of guilt over Shen's embitterment. Shen lets go of any hatred towards her, and they momentarily rekindle their love once again by hugging and kissing. They even sleep together, combining their species' courting rituals they told each other about thirty years earlier.
- When Lianne is accidentally knocked on the Conveyor Belt-O-Doom, Shen interrupts his duel with Po to rescue her.
- Though Shen and Lianne's final wedding qualifies mostly as a Tear Jerker, it has also some of the biggest heartwarming moments included.
- When Zhan delivers Lianne, they're again friends they used to be.
- Lianne tells Shen that if he had just proposed her anytime, she would have accepted it. This makes him realize how much he loves her, and he suddenly interrupts the wedding ceremony, setting her free, reminding her of his vow to never endanger their love and thanking her for loving him despite everything.
- This is followed by Lianne finalizing the marriage by her own initiative and the Vows of everlasting love after her Big Damn Kiss with Shen. Before she leaves, she promises to always wait for him.
Shen: I will always love you. Don't ever forget that. I vow to you... my love will always be everlasting, nothing in this world will ever make me stop loving you.
Lianne: My heart belongs to you, it always has and always will. I make an everlasting vow. May we never be parted, may our love forever endure, no matter what happens. Your life, is my life, I would rather die before I lost you. I swear to forever be true. And I vow... to always love you.