Film: The Vow
The Vow is a 2012 Romance starring Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum. Based on a True Story, it follows a young married couple whose marriage is in jeopardy, following a near near-fatal car accident that renders one of them an amnesiac with no memories of their relationship.If you're looking for the Kung Fu Panda fanfic, please go here.
- Bittersweet Ending: Paige never regains memory of her relationship with Leo, but it's implied that they will start all over together.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Subverted; Leo, who finds himself vying for a woman he's already married to.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: After the car accident, Paige dyes her hair a lighter color and gets highlights, emphasizing how she's no longer the person Leo fell in love with.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: When it becomes obvious that Paige won't regain her memory anytime soon, Leo annuls their marriage and tries to move on with his life, managing to avoid Paige for about six months in the process.
- Jerkass: Paige comes off as this at times with Leo as she struggles to regain her memories.
- Masquerade: Paige's family hides the worst of their problems and give no explanation for Paige's estrangement—making Paige believe it's all her own fault. When in reality her dad committed adultery with her best friend—and Paige broke off her relationship with her family when she found out about it.
- Non-Nude Swimming: Which, according to Leo, is a monthly tradition for him and Paige to do.
- Please Put Some Clothes On: After Paige sees Leo sans clothing en route to the bathroom.
- Returning the Handkerchief: Leo and Paige meet at the DMV, after Paige "forgets" to take her license with her after she leaves.
- The Reveal: The reason Paige rejected her family and moved to the city was because her father slept with her best friend.
- Rich Suitor, Poor Suitor: Jeremy and Leo; Jeremy is a well-off lawyer while Leo is a musician who runs a struggling recording studio.
- Romantic Runner-Up: Jeremy.
- Shirtless Scene: Come on, Channing Tatum is in this.
- Your Cheating Heart: Paige's father.