- The Phantom Menace
- Attack of the Clones
- Revenge of the Sith
- A New Hope
- The Empire Strikes Back
- Return of the Jedi
- The Force Awakens
- Star Wars Legends
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Star Wars Rebels
Other examples and metaFilms
- When Han and Leia visit Luke in the sickbay after being attacked by the wampa.
Han: Don't forget, that's two you owe me, junior.
Han: Hey, Luke, thanks. Thanks for coming after me. Now I owe you one.
- And it's brought up again in ROTJ:
- "I love you." "I know." Both times.
- Obi-Wan's interior monologue in the novelization of Revenge of the Sith where, after mutilating Anakin he realizes that he can honor the memory of the man his friend used to be by protecting Anakin's kids.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of its strength lies weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back.Love is more than a candle.Love can ignite the stars.
- “Anakin survived it,” Obi-Wan said. “Luke can, too. And I can — well, I could take him there, and watch over him. Protect him from the worst of the planet’s dangers, until he can learn to protect himself.”
- “Like a father you wish to be, young Obi-Wan?”
- “More an . . . eccentric old uncle, I think. It is a part I can play very well. To keep watch over Anakin’s son—“ Obi-Wan sighed, finally allowing his face to register a suggestion of his old, gentle smile. “I can’t imagine a better way to spend the rest of my life.”
- "Rey's Survival Guide" is filled with stories about how tough life on Jakku is but it still contains some sweet moments.
- The fact that the guide exists. Rey wrote it to pass on what she knows about living on Jakku to whoever shows up next so that they might have a chance of surviving too.
- Rey writes that she once came across a dead TIE Fighter pilot. She scavenged all the gear he had and buried him in his uniform.
- Rey writes "TOTAL SALVAGE FROM SHIP: 37 PORTIONS. THANK YOU YELLOW-4!!!" next to a diagram of an X-wing, along with a smiley face.
- At the end of the guide (before the "Addendum that describes the early events of The Force Awakens), Rey says she enjoys seeing strange ships take off again and how happy she is for those who make it off Jakku even if she can't.
- On the subject of Disney buying out Lucasfilm, George Lucas issued the following statement:
- There is also Alan Ladd Jr., the 20th Century Fox executive who practically risked his career heading a dying studio sticking up for a seemingly silly film project that no one else in management had faith in. Now, imagine his reaction when he saw the finished film in 1977 bring the house down with a rapturously enthusiastic audience and him realizing that he made the right choice to support something that would become one of the all time great Hollywood classics.
- In the Star Wars universe, both Anakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker lost their hands. The prosthetics made for them were designed to conceal that. In our world, ILM staff helped design a Star Wars-themed prosthetic for kids. Part of the desire was to make kids not ashamed of their prosthetics. The prosthetics were also designed to be simple and inexpensive to make, but also very functional. And, unlike other licensed Star Wars merchandise, this has a royalty-free license.
- Mark Hamill's oldest son, Nathan, was born during the filming of The Empire Strikes Back. Mark sometimes brought him to the filming location of The Empire Strikes Back and, 3 years later, Return of the Jedi. Various photographs of him around the filming location can be found in several sites, and they're adorable! Such as with C-3PO hands and feet props◊, various props, locations, and Ewoks from◊ Return of the Jedi, with his father and young◊ Warwick Davis (Wicket Warrick), with Yoda's◊ puppet prop◊, with Billy Dee Williams (Lando)◊, with◊ Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia), with R2 prop◊. 16 years later after Return of the Jedi, he has grown up and got the chance to portray a minor character in The Phantom Menace (the character is later identified as Rehtul Minnau in Star Wars Databank. He is a law clerk in Naboo and older brother of Teckla Minnau, Senator Amidala's handmaiden in Attack of the Clones), and here◊'s the photo of him with R2 prop around the time when The Phantom Menace was released. He is also a big fan of Star Wars enough that he's the one who convince Mark to voice the Sith Lord Darth Bane in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- This series of articles by Drew McWeeny in which he introduces his six and three-year-old sons to Star Wars and shows how much they love them, including the oft-maligned prequels.