Heartwarming: The Empire Strikes Back
- Han Solo and Princess Leia.
Leia: I love you!Han: I know.
- also a moment of funny.
- Plus, just before he's put into the Carbon Freezing chamber, the last thing Han says to Chewie is to take care of Leia for him.
- Luke's hug with Chewbacca, Chewie follows this by giving Luke a Bear Hug from behind.
- Likewise, the farewell between Han and Luke. If you (like many) are marathoning the Original Trilogy, then not very long ago you saw Han selfishly packing up his reward before the Battle of Yavin and Luke seeing him off with ill-concealed scorn. Today, these Fire-Forged Friends say goodbye with real affection.
- Needa volunteering to take the blame for their failure, so his men may live.
- Han facing the odds of a hideous death by freezing on Hoth in order to find Luke.
- Leia warns Luke about the impending trap, even after being captured and tortured, while being used as a Human Shield in the middle of a gunfight.
- A minor one, but Vader persuading The Emperor to try to get Luke to join them. Seems like a minor task for the Sith, but he was doing everything he can to make sure his son was safe. When Palpatine implied he might try to have him killed as a threat to The Empire, you could tell by a slight change in tone, that Vader had some concern over Luke, just by this line.
Vader: He's just a boy, Obi-Wan can no longer help him.
- Related is Vader's plea to Luke: Don't Make Me Destroy You. In his own distorted way, he wants to be a family again. A family that rules a galaxy with an iron fist and brutally crushes any threats to their despotic regime, but nonetheless a family. Similarly, his talk about "ending this destructive conflict" gives the impression that he feels some regret for the loss of life, on both sides, that the war has caused.
- The Big Damn Kiss. Yes, Leia, you really do like him because he's a scoundrel.
- Vader allows Chewbacca to rebuild C-3PO. It's really Heartwarming in Hindsight considering that he built C-3PO in the first place. Clearly, Anakin Skywalker isn't as dead as Vader believed.
- Small but sweet moment at the beginning of the Battle of Hoth when all of the Rebels still in the base cheer when the first transport gets away. It shows the sense of camaraderie on the side of the Rebellion is genuine and profound.