- Luke, Leia, Chewbacca, and Lando risking their lives to rescue Han from Jabba the Hutt.
- When Han and Chewbacca are reunited. Chewie even gives him a Bear Hug.
Han: Chewie? Chewie, is that you?Chewie grabs Han and shakes himHan: Ch-Chewie! I can't see, pal. What's going on?Chewie barks something about LukeHan: Luke? Luke's crazy! He can't even take care of himself, much less rescue anybody.Chewie barks againHan: A Jedi Knight? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, everyone gets delusions of grandeur!
Luke: Han!Han: Luke!Luke: You all right?Han: Fine. Together again, eh?Luke: Wouldn't miss it.Han: How are we doing?Luke: Same as always.Han: That bad, huh?
- Speaking of which, Han's reunion with Luke. This is the first time since Echo Base in the last movie that they're together. Also a Crowning Moment of Funny:
- After Leia has been hit by blaster fire outside the shield generator bunker and Han is kneeling over her as troopers close in, she pulls out her blaster pistol and they reverse their CMofH from Empire.
Han: I love you.Leia: I know.
- The final lines between Luke and Vader/Anakin. Of course they border on Tear Jerker.
Vader: Luke... help me take this mask off.Luke: But you'll die.Vader: Nothing... can stop that now. Just for once... let me... look at you with my *own* eyes.Anakin: Now... go, my son. Leave me.Luke: No. You're coming with me. I'll not leave you here, I've got to save you.Anakin: You already... have, Luke. You were right. You were right about me. Tell your sister... you were right.Luke: Father... I won't leave you!
- The Original theatrical ending. All of it. The Highlight of the ending, is when Luke returns and is reunited with Han and Leia. For some reason, the 1997 endings onward truncate and split up this scene. And of course, Luke seeing his father as the man he would have been had he not turned to the dark side, sharing a friendly look with Obi-Wan and then favoring his offspring with a loving smile.
- It's kinda funny but, the newest version's ending is just as charming in it's own way. The young Anakin comes onto the scene in ghost form and gives everyone a rather shy smile. It's really very adorable.
- Threepio's "bedtime story" for the Ewoks. Highlighted by Leia snuggling close to Han, followed by an Ewok snuggling close to Han. Han's expression following the latter becomes a Crowning Moment of Funny.
- Luke's Crowning Moment of Awesome, when he declares "I am a Jedi, like my father before me." to the Emperor, also doubles as a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming, since it shows to Anakin/Vader that despite all he's done, his son still believes in his inner goodness.
- One of the, possibly, more thoughtful tweaks to Return of the Jedi was showing various locations celebrating the fall of Emperor Palpatine. Yes, even Mos Eisley and the Imperial capital are celebrating his death.