Edd: I think you just have.
Let's just say that a couple scenes in The Movie are bound to make you go "aww..."
- How the Kankers immediately went to "their boyfriends" aid when they heard that the kids were out for their blood. I thought it was sweet that they went through all the trouble of capturing them and even presenting them to the trio. Also, when Eddy's Brother starts abusing Eddy, Lee is so infuriated that her sisters need to hold her back. Marie even gives out a shocked "Double D!!" when Edd is smashed into the ground for defending Eddy.
- A specific example from the movie, seeing compulsive Neat Freak Double D getting absolutely filthy without a moment's hesitation to try helping his friends during the quicksand prank combined a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming with a Tear Jerker.
- The quicksand prank drives Double D to decide to abandon his friends. After he and Eddy argue over this, Eddy actually breaks down sobbing and admits that it's his fault nearly all of his plans have failed, and that he can't blame anyone, including Double D, for hating him, since he doesn't even like himself. Double D is moved and forgives Eddy, cheering him up and points out that, despite his flaws, he still considers him to be his best friend. Aww.
- "WE ARE FRIENDS ONCE MORE, GUYS!". The scene ends with the three of them riding off into a sunset: Edd and Eddy are on Ed's shoulders with their arms around each other. And Eddy is still crying, only now they're happy tears.
- After finding out that Eddy's brother is a total jerkass who likes to torment as well as physically harm Eddy for his own sick pleasure, the kids from the cul-de-sac (even Kevin) feel genuinely sorry for Eddy, and gang up on Eddy's brother and fight him to save Eddy.
- Another part of this is the bit between Double D and Eddy after Ed knocks out Eddy's brother with the door, Eddy reveals why he acted the way he did and realizes that he was wrong and goes on to ask Double D when he'll learn his lesson which Double D responds that he just already at that moment has learned by realzing it and admitting it.
- The Ending of The Movie is one of the sweetest in the series. After Eddy explains that his jerkish tendencies come from years of abuse from his older brother and only wanted to have friends, and admits to being wrong about everything he's ever done, the other kids swarm him...and start praising him. That's right, after what happened in the beginning of the movie, going on a cross-country chase just to beat them up, with one little declaration of his low self esteem they forgive and forget. Eddy gets a kiss from Nazz and even SARAH in the background gives her older brother a hug!
- And at the very end, after Kevin declares that they ought to head to his house for jawbreakers, Eddy claims that the Eds are finally "In". The kids walk off, holding the Eds high and singing the "Friendship Song". If you listen closely, you'll hear that even the Eds (Yes, even Eddy) are singing along.