Heartwarming: Ah! My Goddess
This classic Magical Girlfriend series doesn't need a flurry of pantyshots to keep its fans happy but instead goes for a steady stream of cozyness and Sweet Dreams Fuel. Also: Motorcycles.
- In chapter 42, Urd, who had been de-aged into looking like an approximately 12 year old girl, met and became friends with a human boy. At the end, she is re-aged to her adult form when the boy comes to the temple looking for her. She then proceeds to go greet him, pretending to be Urd's older sister and claiming that Urd has moved away forever. She tells the boy this: "She gave me a message for you before she left. "I had fun. Thank you, Shohei. And this" She then gave him a kiss on the cheek.
- It's the first time in the entire series that Urd is actually kind to someone and speaks from the heart. It's bittersweet, as the boy lost his first girlfriend while Urd undergoes character growth.
- The best part? Urd doesn't revert back to being a selfish minor jerkass and indeed is thinking about how to repay Keiichi for all his kindness to her the very next chapter.
- And that's telling, considering that for much of the early manga, she was a seriously scary.
- During the "Queen Sayoko" arc Mara manages to get Belldandy in a position in which she has to obey any order Sayoko gives her. She then forces Sayoko to order Bell to "Go home". Keiichi can't do anything to stop this in time and he believes he has lost his Goddess for good. However as it turns out, Belldandy didn't return to heaven but instead she simply went back to the temple. After all, her home is where her heart is. Even though it's rather predictable, it's still sooooo sweet.
- When Keiichi wants to give Belldandy something back to show his appreciation, he spends a few weeks working to the pain to earn enough money so he can buy her a golden ring. When he finally succeeds Belldandy is overjoyed but even more concerend about Keiichi overextending himself. The ring never leaves Belldandy's finger afterward.
- Skuld is a Bratty Half-Pint all too often, but whenever she interacts with her angel she becomes pure concentrated Moe.
- The Nilfheim arc contains too many of these moments to count. Even the fact that it's all happening in HELL doesn't do anything to reduce the adorableness of Belldandy and Keiichi growing ever closer together, one harrowing trial at a time.
- I sometimes wonder : What did i ever do to be such a lucky man?
- Hild and Urd love to zap each other with lightning, but you need to be blind not to notice they care for each other very much. In fact, Urd secretly finds her mother so cool she is afraid she would fall to full demonhood in a flash if she didn't keep her distance.
- Keiichi and Belldandy's relationship is a constant low-level version of this.
- Otaki gets his with his Dogged Nice Guy courtship chapter/episode, which overlaps with CMOA as he indirectly PWNS Aoshima
- In one episode of Flights of Fancy, Urd makes a bet with Skuld to teach her to rely on her own strength, rather than technology: if Skuld learns how to ride a bicycle with no gizmos attached, Urd has to go around Nekomi on a unicycle shouting, "I give up!" When Urd finds out Skuld has been learning how thanks to Sentaro (who'd slowly develop a friendship with Skuld, wink, wink), Urd asks Belldandy, "Do we have a spare unicycle sitting around?" (The manga has a similar story, but it unfortunately lacks the CMoH.)
- The real reason behind Hagall's rebellion. It was all to create Hilds perfect demon world before she died. That whole super cool attitude of Hagall was just an act and she really is a devoted Hild FanGirl who would do anything to make her idol proud.
- The Schroedinger's Whales ending. Doubles as a Tear Jerker of the good kind.
Keiichi: Perhaps someday he'll meet some more friends...and maybe, in some unknown universe, they'll sing that song together.
- Banpei's relationship with Sigel from even before she was given sentience by Skuld; she is playing it very hard-to-get. Mind you, we're talking about two robots.
- The chapter with the puppy dog.
- The ending to the Seed of Love arc in which all of the goddesses and Megumi magically fall in love with Keiichi. Upon learning that eye contact triggers the reaction, Keiichi desperately tries to avoid looking at Belldandy to prevent her being mind controlled too, until he does so by accident... and nothing happens. The reason? Magically induced love can't touch the real thing.