Gush: One Piece
- After reading it for almost half a year, One Piece has become my most favoritist of favorite manga of all time. Every character in One Piece is awesome. Yes, every character. Never before had I read a manga where I loved every single person who graced the pages almost instantly.
- What's more amazing is that Eiichiro Oda can make a story so emotional and engrossing even with the absolutely ridiculous characters and settings. You will go from laughing like mad to crying your heart out and finally cheering madly for the crew through the most unbelievable situations. It definitely has this troper's vote for all-time best weekly shonen manga.
- THIRDED SO HARD. It's planned down to the last detail, characters you grow attached to fall off the face of the series, show up in a cover story and come back five hundred plus chapters later in a way that's unexpected but obvious in hindsight. Every single character is endearing and awesome in their own way, it's the only Big Three Shonen series not to have its own Wall Banger section (or entry). Why? Because there are none. Within the context of the world, everything the characters do makes sense and has its own motivation. It's happy and satisfying but packs brilliant emotional punches along the way, with epic-scaled plots, locations... is it really any surprise it's one of the most popular franchises in Japan? And the creator is such a lovable, laid-back goof who loves his fans almost as much as they love him. This troper has read countless shonen series and none of them have measured up to One Piece.
- I've only seen the anime, but it's HILARIOUS. Normally, I'm not much of an anime fan, so this is a rarity. I have to say it has one of the most likable main characters ever. And the high amount of rule of funny. It's like Tex Avery meets Anime. And then there's the beautiful colouring.
- One Piece is Taco Ninja's favorite anime- no, favorite TV show ever. So far nothing has come close to topping it. It's hilarious, touching, empowering and Crazy Awesome. The things I love about it most are that it's nearly perfect, there's nothing I would change about it so far (apart from the obligatory filler, but even those can be pretty good!), the other thing is that it's not even halfway done after 400+ episodes and I am not even thinking about getting tired of it. Oh and do I even need to gush about the characters? Anyone who has watched this show for even one episode could tell you how cool the characters can be. It's impossible for me to pick which of the Straw Hat crew is my favorite, but I have to say that the main character Luffy is the most interesting and the funniest, 'cause hey! He's the man who will become the Pirate King! (oh and eh-hem... a transforming, talking doctor-reindeer... a cyborg with huge arms that likes to yell "SUPAAAAAAH!", pirates, magic super-power giving fruit, and awesome music. I think I'm done gushing- A GUY THAT FIGHTS WITH A SWORD IN HIS TEETH!).
- Don't forget that the cyborg also has retractable boomerang sideburns and is powered by bottles of cola he keeps in a compartment in his abdomen. And he can build ships with cola-powered hyper beam cannons. And he can play a mean guitar. For the uninitiated—YES, One Piece is indeed this preposterously awesome.
- One Piece will always be one of this troper's most favorite anime/mangas, no matter how dark and grim things get.
- This troper agrees with you. Even though the recent events of the manga made me doubt it for a bit, the story is just so epically told, serious and yet hilarious, and so over-the-top that it's simply amazing.
- This troper loves One Piece to bits. The characters are ALL Bad Ass at some point, and it's just so likable!
- When I read One Piece, I cried for the first time in ages. One Piece is a perfect blend of emotion, humor, and all-around badassery and should be watched/read by any fan of anything.
- This troper loves One Piece with all his heart. He's experienced many great anime/manga series and many great works of fiction for that matter but this might just well stand above them all: The One Piece cast is definitely one of my favorites ever: One moment you'll be laughing your butt off with them, the next moment you'll be cheering for them in their epic battles, the next you'll be crying your eyes out, because Oda-sensei never pulls any punches and always puts his characters through the ringer. On top of all that One Piece is one of the best works of fiction for adventure PERIOD! A vast, immense world with many epic locales such as Skypeia, Enies Lobby, Impel Down, Alabasta, Thriller Bark, Fishman Island and many, many more to come. It's the stuff that dreams are made of. A LEGENDARY SHONEN LIKE NO OTHER!!!
- Red Hawk... that is all.
- I don't know what the above troper means, but One Piece is quite simply the best series ever. I've never seen a better one and neither have you. It taught me to stand by my friends at all times and has my favorite character from anything, ever. Luffy makes me laugh out loud and when he's pissed I can't help but grin at how much the enemy is about to get pounded into the ground. And don't get me started on Zoro. Asura anyone? Monster Point? ONE PIECE WINS!
- Although I'm reluctant to call this my favorite anime of all time (Naruto will always hold a special place, because it introduced me to anime )I have to admit that One Piece by far has the best Music, Characters, Comedy, and charm. It's not Darker and Edgier like some other series, but it's very gripping. Not to mention it's the first anime to make me cry (3 times to be exact). Usopp is my favorite character in practically all of fiction, mostly due to being such a Large Ham and his particular habit of Chewing the Scenery. Sogeking. Just Sogeking.
- Shall we talk about the ending of Drum arc? Crowning Moment of Awesome, Crowning Moment of Funny and Crowning Moment of Heartwarming combined!
Luffy: SHUT UP! LET'S GO!
- While this troper doesn't quite remember what the first anime he experienced was, I know for sure that One Piece was the biggest factor in luring me into the anime world. And with the Crazy Awesome, True Companions, Character Development, and a great sense of adventure, who could blame me?
- This troper was trying to explain the powerful allure that this manga (I've only read the manga, the 4kids makes me hesitant), I realized how to properly explain it. Oda, brilliant author that he is, decided to take EVERY AWESOME IDEA HE EVER HAD and throw all of them into ONE STORY!!! You want fruit that gives you superpowers? Done. Reindeer doctors? Mermaids? Ridiculous/Awesome sword-styles? A savate-practicing chef? Sure, why not? The absolute best thing, though? He can throw every single ridiculous thing he wants into this manga and it fits. It simply fits perfectly and we all beg for more.
- One thing this tropes loves about Oda's style is that, when you've met a character, you have NO idea what that character is going to be like or how they act. Many characters have wonderful, interesting personalities, and have great character development (even with single-arc characters), but even side characters can heavily toy with your expectations. One of the biggest for this Troper was Bartolomeo. Oda seemed to do everything in his power to make me ready to hate this character - his first seen action was beating a Vice Admiral, showing again how little that title meant anymore; his design felt like a knockoff mix of Kidd and a Hot Topic fanatic; his power was shown to be unfairly strong; and he acted like a traditional heel character. Ten chapter later and he becomes one of the funniest characters in the manga as a gushing fanboy to Luffy comparable to HANCOCK, greatly mellows out his heel tendencies, and acts like he belongs in the zany One Piece world. Oda, you never disappoint with your characters, be they the deep and developed or the crazy side character.
- Just a heads up, I'm a dub watcher. And I found this show to be my favorite show ever. Period. I mean, Luffy, despite being the idiot he (seemingly) is, will die for his crew, is funny as hell, and has oh so satisfying beatdowns when it comes to villains. And you have Zoro, Sanji, Robin, and so on and so forth. The characters kick ass, the story is great, the comedy is gold, and it does Cerebus Syndrome right. Overall, WATCH THIS SHOW! YOU WILL THANK ME LATER!
- The Strawhat crew are not only perhaps the greatest case of Nakama I've ever seen, but they're complete badasses even outside of combat. Perhaps best shown when they enter the New World.
Usopp': The weather is terrible!!Brook: Yohoho~~ The sky is pouring!!Robin: The wind is blowing strong!Franky: The sea is crashing!!Nami: The compass' needle is all over the place!!Chopper: The sea looks red!!Sanji: A surging sea of flames!!Zoro: It looks like the entrance to hell.Luffy: PERFECT!!!!