- Many times in Among Thieves, but the shining star is when Elena asks Nate how scared he was that she was going to die on a scale of one to ten. (She got a four.) And Nate's denial that he cried.
Nate: It was raining and you were unconscious.
Elena: It was sunny and you were bawling. Whatever, I kept your tears in a jar. I have proof.
- "How the hell am I supposed to take out a - hell-o?"
- "I'm sorry, do you have a plan to go with that grenade?"
- Nate's hand puppet show after getting put in jail in the second game, re-enacting the final conversation he had with Harry Flynn when Flynn was betraying him, ending the show with puppet!Drake apparently shooting puppet!Flynn in the face.
- "Hey, jackass, you're ruining the show here."
- Chloe, Flynn and Nate, after discovering their employer has sent them after something vastly more valuable than they had assumed:
Chloe: So. We're dicking this guy over, right?
Nate and Flynn: (in unison) Yes.
- "There's a guy above you, there's a guy above you!" (Drake tosses guard off roof.) "There's a guy below you, there's a guy below you!"
- Nate and Chloe climb to the top of a ruined hotel to discover a rooftop pool. If the player has Nate jump in and swims around, it triggers a conversation:
Nate: Hey, check it out: Marco! note
Nate: (still swimming) Marco!
Chloe: ... (sighs) Polo. note
Nate: (gets out of pool) FISH OUT OF WATER!
Chloe: You are so unprofessional.
- Ironicus had a long giggle about that one when he discovered it.
- Nate griping about anything and everything while climbing up the train in Chapter 15.
- In the same vein, Nate heroically leaving everyone else behind so that he'll fight Lazarevic alone, and then bitching about what a stupid move it is the moment they're out of earshot.
- After Nate and Chloe survive jumping out of a collapsing building:
Nate: *nervously laughing* Hehehe, we were almost in that, haha!
- A lot of Nate's comments while fighting his way through the train. Highlights include trying to warn enemies of the warning lights along the railway, to yelling at enemies for shooting at him while he is chased by a gunship.
- As an addendum to the first bit, Drake reveals in said scene what he uses as a "ten" baseline on the Fright Scale:
Drake, in a completely serious voice: "Clowns".
- Nate's Diary:
- The Scare-O-Meter: Demon Sasquatch, Slippery Naked Guy and Sully's moustache.
- The Many Faces of Victor Goddamn Sullivan.
- Angry Eddie: I kill you, Drake! RIP
- A scribbled reminder to buy altitude sickness pills and lipbalm.
- Two pages covered in telephone numbers and names, all of them female, with dried flowers taped in beside them. Oh, Nate.
- The picture labelled "SS Assholes", near an old note with the caption "Taken off dead Nazi #7, 462".
- In the museum, Drake asks if Flynn is going to climb up and disable the alarm. Flynn just turns to him silently with a Fascinating Eyebrow.
- Tenzin is throwing a grappling hook into some icy stalactites:
Huh, good luck
, buddy, there's no way you can make that (Tenzin makes the throw perfectly
) oh you did it
- When Nate and Elena find (or rather fail to find) the entrance to Shambhala:
Nate: Here it is, Elena. The entrance to Shambhala.
Elena: I don't see it.
Nate: Neither do I.
- Not to mention Nolan North's glorious Throw It In potential.
Nate: CAN'T YOU ASSHOLES SEE THE HELICOPTER?! I ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH TROUBLE AS IT IS!