- In Drought, there are a number of funny moments:
- The running gag regarding "the events of the previous day – or night, depending on how one thinks about it."
- From Haiba's first scene: "You know, it's funny how many dead snakes you find under a famous landmark."
- The scene where Simba and Nala jump into the empty waterhole, only to cry out in pain, as Haiba remarks, "This is why we have common sense."
- This scene:
Haiba: Am I the only one who feels drier than the sun today?
Simba: Me, too. And do you know what makes it even worse?
Haiba: No. What?
Simba: We're under a tree.
- Haiba crawling on the ground, calling desperately for water, only for Nala to point out that he's been walking for a mere ten seconds.
- Haiba pulling a long strand of seaweed out of his mouth. "Oh, man… That's gross on a level even I find disgusting."
- This classic moment:
Haiba: I believe they call it the beach. Sand, sea, and se—
Haiba: Well, that would be rude of me to say – but it happens in these places. Anyway…
(Stares at the sand silently.)
Haiba: I believe the phrase rhymes with "cluck."
Haiba (smiling): Never mind.
Nala: Please tell me what you're thinking, Haiba.
Haiba: I'm thinking about your mother. She's kind of cute when you get up close to her.
Nala: Haiba, you can try and date my mother later. But this is important right now!
- Haiba licking the dead lion's chest as Nala looks away in disgust.
- Haiba explaining mirages to Nala. "That happens a lot in the desert. You think you're seeing something good, but then it's not really there. Right now I see a babbling brook with loads of pretty lionesses around it. But I know it's not real."
- Haiba being absolutely useless during the final battle, as he is (naturally) entranced by Maji's beauty.
- In Dig It, Haiba starts rattling off some maxims given to him by his mother:
Haiba: A little planning goes a long way. My mother told me that. She also told me that a meerkat saved is a meerkat earned. Don't eat wildebeest before going to sleep—
Nala: Haiba, I am desperately trying to cling on to my sanity without you blabbing on and on and on. So, please, keep that big mouth shut.
- Zazu's interactions with Pori, including her various names for him.
- Made even funnier due to the fact that one of the names, Zordon, was the name given to Scar in the Hungarian TLK dub.
- Plenty of hilarious moments in The Interceptor:
- Simba talking to Kazi, telling him, "This is a private den. We don't normally just let people come in as they please...Man, I'm beginning to sound like Zazu."
- Simba's sarcastic comments toward Kazi are also quite funny.
- The moment where Haiba accidentally exposes Simba's white lie, causing Simba to knock him off his feet before walking on his chest.
- Kazi's speech: "Acting on behalf of my father, King Ghaibu, I have been ordered to order you to take on the order of the Royal Challenge Authority. This will thus ensure that you have completed the order that I have ordered you – acting on order – to do."
- This exchange:
Simba: Come on, Kazi, can't you bend the rules so we don't have to do this?
Kazi: My paws are tied.
Haiba: No, they're not, they're completely free.
- Kazi's pompous claims, including the names of his professors: "Dumbo the Elephant. Professor Chicken. Why, even Pori the Intelligent Hornbill."
- Haiba: "It's always the nice cubs around here who get girlfriends. I mean, look at Tiny Tojo. He's probably making out with that hot girlfriend of his every single day – which is more than I can say for myself. A tiny, squeaky cub gets more action than me. I think the world is coming to an end. I really do."
- Haiba on the challenge: "Can't say the idea is all that thrilling. But we should be fine. As long as we don't fall into a hole and get stuck there. Then the Interceptor will have us for dinner before you can say, 'Oops, I screwed up.'"
- Haiba hopping around squealing, "Ready for our fight to the death with the Interceptor? I know I am. My legs are springier than the average lioness this morning."
- Haiba prods Simba's injured leg, causing him to cry out, and a barely-awake Nala asks, "Did someone say 'ow?' Did you accidentally sit down on your tail again, Simba? I told you before: look before you sit."
- Haiba's reaction upon beholding the Interceptor: "Evil never looked so good."
- When the Interceptor moves toward Haiba, the cub stammers, "Uh, hello, Mr Interceptor, sir. I hope you're not hungry. You wouldn't want to eat me. I'm just skin and bones. Ignore the belly. Most of that's just fat. Chewy, thick fat. You wouldn't want that. Why don't you just leave me alone and we'll forget all about this, huh?"
- Haiba on the famous catchphrase: "Yeesh, how many times is he going to say that?"
- In Shocker's Revenge, the whole scene with Simba and Haiba trying to pick out the Arcaysian flowers would most certainly count.
- When Haiba catches the scent of a dead body, this exchange follows:
Simba: And what exactly is it that's died? Or is it just us? After all, I'm not sure I washed all of that girl's guts out of my mouth.
Haiba: Trust me, it's not you. There's something very odd in the air. Like a kind of… stale smell.
Simba: Is that what dead people normally smell like? It worries me that you've been around them enough to know the smell so well.
Nala: Either that or the girls you've met are so sleazy that you think they're dead.
- The moment when Haiba pretends to be an evil, psychotic murderer.
- This exchange:
Simba: You can't come back from the dead. Well, that's not exactly true, but this is Shocker we're talking about. He doesn't have magical powers. He can just…
Nala (smiling): Oh, please say what I think you're going to say.
Simba (sighing): He can just electro-frazzle you.
Nala (squealing happily): Oh, I just love that word!
- When Simba comments that they must be the most hated people on Earth, Haiba smiles, "You've still got me, Nala." Her response? "Yippee."
- Haiba asks if he deserves romantic action for once, and is answered by the sound of crickets chirping.
- Haiba's story about King Guala, who made his pride fight over a blade of grass.
- Nala: "You'll be sent into the sky if you don't keep your mouth shut!"
- Simba boasting that Nala and Haiba will rescue him in five minutes after Shocker ties him in vines.
- Haiba's rant against Shocker: "You've gotta be kidding me. I seriously doubt that Simba and Nala would make any kind of deal with a creep like you. You have the qualities of mud: you're untidy, disgusting, and no one will touch you with a ten-foot stick!"
- The now-famous scene where Simba and Haiba kiss. What seals it is Nala's reaction: When Shocker tries to get her to come with him, she responds, "Yeah, yeah. Just after I've finished watching this. It's kind of hot."
- Simba, Nala and Haiba fighting each other.
- From The Blood Line:
Sarafina: There's nothing to do around here. It's actually making me stupider.
Muerto: Are you implying that you were stupid already?
Sarafina: Maybe I am stupid. You'd have to be an idiot to waste your whole life around here.
Muerto: You're not stupid. It's just the boredom. It's making you ask yourself really important questions.
Sarafina: And it makes you watch your tail swish.
Haiba: There are a lot of people to date. Six trillion life forms; only one Haiba. Now, can I kiss you?
Haiba: Ah. Thought you'd say that. Sarafina, are you single?
Nala: Haiba, you're not dating my mother!
Haiba: But, why? She makes my heart race in ways I can't even imagine.
Nala: Mom, don't tell me you're actually listening to him!
Sarafina: Well… it is kind of sweet.
Nala: Oh, come on!
- Haiba knocking out Simba with a rock to demonstrate how Sarafina sounded.
- The now-famous moment where Haiba debuted his catchphrase:
Simba: I think you've lost your mind. Maybe you should lie down for a little bit, Haiba. How about I go search for Nala?
Haiba: No way! I have to look like a brave and mighty hero to Sarafina! Otherwise she'll never see how sweet, charming and undeniably hot I am!
Simba: Just how hot do you think you are?
Haiba: I'm so hot, I'm cool! And I'm so cool, I'm hot!
- Nala trying to reason out the bizarre directions given by the animals to find the Family of Blood: "The third left of the fourth right."
- Vitani meeting Haiba:
Vitani: Look into my eyes.
Haiba: I can't see your eyes.
Vitani: Oh. Well, pretend you can see my eyes.
- Nala being defiant towards Zira:
Nala: You'd better let me go, or else.
Zira: Or else what?
Nala: Or I'll do... something. Yeah! How do you like that?
Zira: Can you shut that big mouth of yours for more than five seconds?
Nala: No! In fact, I'm going to keep that big mouth of mine open for as long as I like! (Begins singing obnoxiously) La, la, la, la, la...
(Zira makes Nala fall asleep.)
- Haiba: "Darkness City. Population: evil."
- Haiba kissing Vitani as a distraction.
- From Changes:
- The whole scene with Tojo and Shocker is hilarious, dialogue-wise. This exchange in particular stands out:
Shocker: Shut up. Screaming like a female isn't going to help you.
Tojo: I don't scream like a female! Tama just says that I'm a late bloomer— Ow!
Shocker: Do you ever stop speaking? I've never been confronted with such a pansy of a cub. I was under the impression that all males were stronger than females.
(Tojo raises a paw, and Shocker removes his paw from Tojo's mouth.)
That's a pretty sexist thing to say.
- In the same scene, Shocker spends three hours describing the graphic ways in which he will kill Tojo, only to find that Tojo wasn't listening.
- "[Tojo] was pretty sure that if Tama were around, then she sure would have showed this Shocker guy a thing or two! No one messed with her cutesy-wutesy Tojo! Yeah – he didn't like that nickname much, either."
- Death's brief appearance is one of the funniest moments, for sure.
- Zazu's interaction with Pori, particularly Simba's reaction upon meeting her:
Pori: Hey! You look just like Zazu! Except that you've got fur, and different eyes, and whiskers… Actually, you don't look like him at all. You're so alike!
Zazu: You can see what I mean by "incompetent".
Simba: I'll say.
- The entire Don Haiba sequence is absolutely side-splitting.
- This exchange between Nala and Haiba:
Nala (giggles evilly): Might have been a little bit of an accident after that whole Family of Blood business. You could say I've developed something of an… unfriendly personality.
Haiba: I know I should be horrified, but that giggle was really cute.
(Nala kisses Haiba.)
Nala: Keep up the compliments and you might end up with more than kisses by tonight. Now, come on. We have work to do.
Haiba: Me likey!
- When Nala commands Haiba to row his boat, he responds, "Row my boat where? Gently down the stream...?"
- Many, many moments in Tama's Trouble:
- The opening, where a screaming "girl" turns out to be Tojo. The reason for this is also quite funny:
Tama: Well, that's to be expected. After all, you did fall off a cliff.
Tojo: A cliff you pushed me from.
Tama: Okay, yes, but that was only to spare you a grisly death from that snake.
Tojo: A snake you angered in the first place.
Tama: Yeah – but that was only because of the rock that hit him on the head.
Tojo: The rock you threw.
- This jab at Simba's Pride and the musical:
Nala: Don't forget my little 'eye problem. I think that Family of Blood left a bit of an effect on me.
Haiba: They live in you. Come to think of it, that sounds like the title of an awful song. Almost as bad as "Whoops, I Fell off My Elephant."
- When the cliff collapses, Haiba gives this bit of advice:
Haiba: I'm sure we'll be all right! Flap our paws hard enough and we might just fly!
Nala: Are you crazy?
- Haiba's comment that "We might as well cover ourselves in blood and guts and say, 'Throw me to the monsters.'"
- This exchange:
Nala: I put my claws around his throat and said something really cheesy. I think I owe him an apology.
Haiba (to Simba): I bet that's all this is about. She just wants to say sorry to the poor kid.
Nala: What? Don't be silly. I just… want to pay them a… visit.
Haiba: Sure. We believe ya.
Nala: Oh, come on. Could one cub lie to another?
Haiba: Only if her mouth was moving.
Haiba: Simba, if you die, then can I marry Nala?
Simba: What? No!
Haiba: Can't I have a girlfriend? Or boyfriend? Or a tree? Someone to tuck me in at night; read me a bedtime story; give me a goodnight kiss?
Nala: Aren't you getting confused with a mother?
Haiba: I'll let you be the judge of that.
- Tama's first confrontation with Hago, culminating in this:
Hago: Did she really just say "curses?"
- The various exchanges between Tojo and Hago throughout the story.
Hago: Now, now, cub, I think you need to know your place.
Tojo: The bottom of society? I think I'm already there. I mean, I have you seen how underdeveloped these claws are? I wouldn't be able to snap a twig.
- Haiba: "And just where is Tiny Tojo? I haven't had the chance to make fun of him yet."
- Hago: "Ooh, this decorating is fun! I think I'm getting a passion for fashion!"
- This exchange:
Haiba: I sense a disturbance in the Cute…
Nala: Haiba, what are you talking about?
Haiba: The Cute. It's a mystical power that binds all of the adorable cubs together. Some poor – and most likely cute – cub is in serious danger. I can feel it in my bones…
Simba: Haiba, are you insane? There is no mystical power that binds all of the cute cubs together! Although, come to think of it, I do feel like something's a bit wrong…
Nala: You're both insane! Someone's in danger and all you can think about is how cute you are?
- After the cubs climb out of the muddy river:
Tama: Hey – that's the first bath I've had in months!
Tojo: You think that was a bath?
- Plenty of moments in Rebirth:
- Froggy and Interceptor arguing.
- Nala: "There has to be something wrong with me. Something in my blood. I've got a father who's an evil wizard and a mother who's half-vampire. Can my family get any weirder?"
- "Mufasa" grounding Simba for blinking.
- Shocker threatening to use Froggy's life force to resurrect Scar if he doesn't shut up.
- Froggy and Interceptor thinking in their heads about how Shocker isn't being blinded by the flames.
- Interceptor on the resurrection: "I don't know whether to hate it or like it!"
- Shocker jumping onto Interceptor's stomach to introduce himself to Scar. It's just like any kid trying to get close to their favorite celebrity...
- Scar on Froggy: "What… is that? And why is it in my presence?" This is followed shortly by Scar flicking the amphibian away with a claw.
- Scar leaving the scene and stepping on Interceptor, asking what the lion's name is, only to get the response, "Interceptor! I just told you my name!"
- Haiba bemoaning the loss of the tree, citing how comfy it is.
- Haiba: "If there are Great Kings of the Past, then they suck."
- This exchange:
Scar: Oh—a little cub. What do you want?
Haiba: Well, I would like you to leave the Pride Lands and never ever come back. Now get out.
Scar: I don't think so. You don't know who I am—do you?
Haiba: I don't particularly care.
Scar: Your rudeness is grating on my nerves. I think it's about time that you were dealt with.
(Scar sends Haiba flying into a bush.)
- Nala leaves the den, telling her mother she is always careful, but she returns exactly nine seconds later:
Nala: Mom, do you ever get those days when something really horrible happens?
Sarafina: What do you mean, Nala?
Nala: Well, when I just looked outside, all of the trees were destroyed. And Simba's Uncle Scar is making his way towards us.
- Shocker and Interceptor talking about Scar's betrayal.
- This exchange:
Interceptor: We'll rip him in half. That way we get two Scars for the price of one.
Shocker: No, that's two halves.
Interceptor: I'll crack the jokes.
- Simba to the Interceptor: "Gotcha."
- The entire scene between Haiba and Nala is simply hilarious.
- Within this scene is Nala's rant where she explains to Haiba who Scar is: "He's Simba's uncle! He took over the Pride Lands! Hago killed him! He's evil! He's greedy! He's mean! Is that enough information for you?"
- Many moments in Everyone Loves Nala:
- Every scene with Shocker and Interceptor is hilarious.
- Simba and Haiba trying to escape the river, and falling into a pit after that. It's even funnier when it's revealed Haiba was the one who dug the pit.
- Interceptor mimicking Shocker twice.
- Interceptor throwing the Mapenzi plant into the gorge, believing no one will ever find it, only for Zazu and Pori to stumble on it mere seconds later.
- Haiba falling in love with Nala, and sobbing overdramatically when she tries to say no.
- After Haiba and Nala "get together," he literally clings on to her, only leaving when she suggests he invite Simba to their wedding.
- This exchange:
Shocker (smiling): Can you imagine it? They're probably lying there right now, screaming and crying for help! (Laughs evilly) And no one will be around to help them! They will die! Die now and die for ever!
Interceptor: Crude, kid. Very crude.
- The Interceptor's constant complaints about the Mapenzi plant looking pink and girly.
- This exchange:
Interceptor: I did not wreck everything. The damn poison's probably still worked anyway—and if you ask me, then I think that plant isn't as deadly as you first thought.
Shocker: What are you talking about? That poison is perfect.
Interceptor: It was pink!
Shocker: What did I say about appearances being deceiving? It's obvious that the plant was a trap for the unwary. It probably makes animals turn inside out!"
Interceptor: Or it could turn them into girly little fairy princesses. Maybe appearances aren't deceiving. Did you ever think about that, huh?
- Sarafina falling in love with Nala is sickeningly hilarious!
- When Shocker sniffs the water, he responds, "Yuck! It smells of… niceness!"
- When Haiba breaks out of his trance, he says, "Must have been some party…"
- Shocker pining after Nala. The Interceptor's reaction seals it.
- Interceptor knocking Shocker unconscious after everyone is cured.
- Plenty of moments in Clone Wars:
- The entire first chapter, featuring Shocker, Interceptor, Tama and Tojo.
- At the end of this same chapter, Tojo is seen having a conversation with an imaginary friend.
- Shocker admits he finds Tama interesting, but when he offers joint rulership of the world, she answers, "Not interested, Shock-O."
- Shocker and Interceptor constantly arguing over who's idea it was to create clones.
- This exchange:
Shocker: Come, Interceptor. Let us watch as the clones wage war against each other. This will go down in history as a great day.
Interceptor: What are we going to call it, the Clone Wars?
- The constant squabbling between the clones.
- The "ever, ever!" gag.
- Haiba: "I wonder what it'd like to be a girl?"
- Simba: "What do you think I'm thinking about? Fun. I need something fun to do! You know when something really fun is happening? Isn't that just really fun?"
- When Zazu tells Simba that the hyenas have been extinct in the Outlands for ages, the cub responds, "Darn it! [Hits the ground in frustration] And I was hoping for some kind of battle, too..."
- Simba, of course, gets his wish for "fun" when the clones show up. Haiba merely responds, "Happy, now?"
- The confrontation between Zazu and Haiba. Doubles as a Crowning Moment of Awesome, since the two greatest comic relief characters in the history of TLK are basically arguing with each other.
- When Simba and Haiba start murmuring to each other, Clone Nala tells them to "sit down and shut up." When Haiba asks how they can keep moving, she simply repeats her command, prompting him to shuffle along on the ground.
- Simba being melodramatic when Clone Nala announces she will execute him and Haiba.
- Clone Nala threatens that Simba and Haiba will pay the price, and Haiba takes this literally. "I'll give you two wildebeests!"
- The boys tricking their way out of being tickled to death.
- Haiba tricking his clone into trying to eat him.