- The Goon/Ghost of Christmas Present's abuse of the Zombie Priest/Scrooge in the A Christmas Carol issue:
Aw, what's the matter, can't you pass through walls like me? WHAM! What's that like, slappin' yer face against a brick wall, huh? Does it hurt? I wouldn't know, seein as I'm a ghost!
- The Goon and Hellboy comparing monster hunting techniques:
Hellboy: Let me handle this, I'm a professional!Goon: Oh, yeah? usually when I come up against something like this, I just try punching it in the head.Hellboy: ... Me too.
- From the Goon Dethklok Intercontinuity Crossover: Doctor Rockzo introduces Franky to cocaine. There are no survivors.◊
- The Atomic Rage the foul-mouthed Jack Kirby style superhero from the popular in-universe comic book
Atomic Rage: *** my big atomic *** you commie *** ***! Only a *** would read another comic magazine!
- "Jimmy Turtle and the Legendary Box Car of Well-Made Ladies Shoes". Thomas Lennon's prose backup story in The Goon #10.
- The various celebrity guest appearances, including Gregory Peck, Rod Serling and Bob Dylan as the Hobo King.
Rod Serling: Submitted for your approval, two tales of bizarre misadventure in a landscape of madness. A fish woman, a skunk ape and blueberry pie. Keep telling yourself that it couldn't happen. Keep telling yourselves that only rational things happen in your rational world. But this is a world of shadow and of little substance. A world outside of space and time. A world where your punk *** better believe I am one suave son of a ***.