- This exchange at the Rego's trailer. Marcus is absorbed in a web search and Cherry is trying to get his attention:
Cherry: Yo! Colin Firth!Lester: Colin Fitrth? No. It's more like a scruffy Alec Guinness...
- While on a break during the first Rance exorcism in Chapter 5, Father Tomas is watching Father Marcus sketch over the pages of his bible (a sacreligious act and a big no-no, to be clear):
Father Tomas: Isn't that the Book of Revelation?Father Marcus: *shrug*
Father Bennett: Desecrating the Bible is a sin.Father Marcus: Redacting, not desecrating.Father Bennett: There's a tree right there.
- Becomes a Brick Joke in the last episode with Bennett.
- This line of dialogue
Burke Dennings: Shall we summon the writer? He's in Paris.Chris: Hiding?Burke Dennings: Fucking.
- Even Fr. Karras laughs at that one. In the book, Chris notices, and it's one of the reasons she has an instinctive liking and trust for him.
- The scene where Regan is talking with Chris about her relationship with Burke
Regan: But ya like him.Chris: Of course I like him. I like pizzas too, but I'm not gonna marry one.