Funny: Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Most of the humor in Star Trek V fell flat, but this exchange was gold:
Spock: I'm sorry... were we having a good time?
Bones: God, I liked him better before he died!
- The "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" scene gave us the following bit, where Spock has spent the past several hours analyzing the lyrics before coming up with "Life is most definitely not a dream." He came to this deduction while Kirk and Bones were trying to sleep and had to share.
- Marshmellons?! In the novelization, McCoy actually altered the computer records so that Spock would misname marshmallows, and let Jim in on the joke.
- James Doohan owned his comedic scenes:
Scotty: "What are ye standing around for? Do ye not know a jailbreak when ye see one!?"
Scotty: "I know this ship like the back of my hand."
Scotty: *down for the count*
- And when Spock saves Kirk:
Spock: (Kirk tries to hug him) Please, Captain. Not in front of the Klingons.
- McCoy, after he, Kirk and Spock were tossed in the brig, castigates Kirk for asking Spock to kill his own brother, then snarks, "Well, maybe you should toss him in the brig!" This leaves Kirk verbally defeated.
- This exchange:
Spock: This is a new brig, Captain. Completely escape-proof. To guarantee that, they used the most intelligent, most resourceful person they could find. He was unable to escape.Kirk: This person didn't happen to have pointed ears and a propensity for getting his shipmates into trouble, did he?Spock: He did have pointed ears.
- Piece of advice, don't eat marshmallows(or "marshmellons") before hitching a ride on jetboots.
Spock: It appears we're too heavy.McCoy: Must have been all those marshmellons.
- Kirk trying to climb a mountain. And Spock suddenly showing up beside him wearing rocket boots. It's the expressions of both men which make it hilarious.
- And McCoy watches from below. "Goddamn irresponsible!"
- "Perhaps, "because it is there" is not sufficient reason for climbing a mountain?" "I am hardly in a position to disagree!"
- "Why don't you go pester Dr. McCoy for a while?"
- This is followed by Spock looking off-camera, in the direction where McCoy is, and then looking back at Kirk, as if to say, "Nope. I'd rather pester you."
- Sulu and Chekhov getting themselves lost while they're hiking. Not to mention their lame attempt to save their pride as they asked for directions.
Sulu: We appear to be caught up in a blizzard. (Checkov rolls his eyes, then decides to roll with it)Chekhov: And we can't see a thing! (the look on Sulu's face as he watches Chekov make storm noises into the communicator is priceless)
Chekhov: *completely deadpan* Sulu, look. The sun's come out. It's a miracle.
- And then Uhura mentions that the sensors show clear weather at their position.
- The Coming In Hot scene with the shuttlecraft has this gem:
Kirk: (on the shuttle) Stand by to execute Emergency Landing Plan... B.Chekov: (commanding the Enterprise) What's Emergency Landing Plan B?Scotty: (on the bridge) I don't have a clue.Kirk: B! As in, Barricade!Scotty: He can't be serious!Sybok: (on the shuttle) What are you doing?Kirk: In order to lower and re-raise the shields as quickly as possible, we are going to forgo the tractor beam and fly her in manually.McCoy: (on the shuttle) Manually?Sybok: How often have you done this?Sulu: (flying the shuttle) Actually, it's my first attempt.
- Kirk gets off a good deadpan joke:
Kirk: (wistful) I miss my old chair.(Spock gives him a sympathetic look.)
- "I guess I have no choice, but to sample your beans."