The House of the Dead 2
- HOTD 2's voice-acting in general. It clearly falls in the So Bad, It's Good category, and can really turn what is suppose to be a serious story into pure comedy. Observe.
The House of the Dead 4
- Most of the lines spoken immediately after defeating a boss comes off as totally hammy.. Examples include:
- "You're paying for my dry cleaning after this is over." -Kate to james after Justice is defeated.
- "This is straight out of an action movie I saw," Kate says as the duo jump from one elevator to another right before the Lovers boss battle. After the battle? James nonchalantly says, "I kind of like being an action hero." Cue a facepalm and a groan from Kate.
- "Temper this, buddy!" and "How do you like my all-lead, no fat diet?" are the lines James and Kate throw at the obese Temperance. Also serves as Mood Whiplash, considering what comes afterwards.
- Certain lines in the midst of gameplay can have their own charm too.
- "Ugh, I'm tired of getting WET!" -Kate, when taking the left path in Chapter 2.
- "H-Hey, I'm not into that." G shaking off a zombie in The House of the Dead 4 Special.
Really, all of the game's dialogue would be on this page, but to be specific...
- For some, the first spoken line in the game is one.
Isaac Wassup, motherfucker?
- "You ever gonna tell anyone what that fuckin' 'G' stands for?" G's response is simply "No."
- The door opens up to a staircase, and a severed head rolls down it...
Isaac: Shit, man! That ain't right!
- When Isaac calls G "diaper-shit".
- Isaac and G are about to ride off in Isaac's car, also known as his pride and joy. Said "pride and joy" promptly blows up for no reason whatsoever.
Mm. We'll take my car.
- After The Screamer is defeated, Isaac and G notice that there is a phone ringing from inside of her. Isaac refuses to open her up, because he "manicured only yesterday" and isn't about to stain a freshly-manicured set of nails with it.
- This exchange in "Carny", once G and Isaac meet their first "football" mutants:
- In the haunted ride attraction:
"What the...? ARE YOU HOLDING MY HAND?!" G:
"I ain't yo momma! Get the fuck off of me!"
- After the stage, G and Isaac are left without a ride, until G finds...an ice cream truck, prompting a "You Have Got to Be Kidding Me!" reaction from Isaac.
- Followed by G going on a ramble about the fine experience of driving while listening to one's taste in music.
- Later compounded by Isaac asking "Can I have a lollipop?"
- In the prologue to the next stage, Scream Train, the duo is seen tearing through the streets, still in the ice cream truck.
- Most of the dialogue from rescuing civilians in Overkill is this, but these three from Jailhouse Judgement take the cake:
Man: (After being saved in the kitchen) I JUST WANTED THE FUCKING SOUP!!!
- In "The Fetid Waters", you can find a zombie sitting on a toilet in an outhouse.
- Isaac trying to tiptoe around referencing The Birds:
Isaac: Shit! This is just like the film with all them birds!
G: Which one?
Isaac: You know, the... the bird film. Fuck!
- During one melee sequence in "Overkill", one of the zombies gets smashed into a monitor...that has the Windows NT Blue Screen of Death.note
- Some highlights from the Mother battle:
- The Extended Cut intro, after obtaining the minigun.
Isaac: Well, this sure doesn't look like a motherfucking exit to me!
G: She's found us...
Isaac: No shit! Back up! I sure don't want no motherfucking hugs from that freaking motherfucker!
- During the underground "Missing Reel" battle.
: Look out! Your girlfriend's
trying to French
: That's not my girlfriend
: Just shoot, motherfucker!
- Upon seeing Mother giving birth to Pukers.
Isaac: Oh man, that's just WRONG!
G: (in a grim tone) Here comes another bundle of joy...
- In The Typing of the Dead: Overkill, the final battle allows you to "type anything, as long as you type like a motherfucker." This can go so many ways. You can kill Mother in ways including, but not limited to: swearing her out, hurling insults at her, breaking out the Character Filibuster, or simply repeatedly typing "sex".
- This little exchange from Overkill:
Washington: "Can I drive?"
Washington: "Can I have a lollipop?"
- G's face when Warden Darling decides to go back to the womb.
- The intro scene to the Lobber boss battle - The Lobber emerges from a swamp, accompanied by some over-dramatic narration...and then it cuts to G and Isaac facing off in a rock-paper-scissors match. Isaac loses, and promptly approaches the Lobber while reciting the Miranda Rights at it. The Lobber duly responds by vomiting at Isaac, who then promptly pulls out his guns in anger while G sarcastically claps in the background.
- MISSING REEL! (Sorry for the inconvenience)
Typing of the Dead
- The entire game is one big Funny Moment, especially due to some of the weird phrases you have to type, or getting a word or phrase that's perfect for the situation (like a zombie jumping out of nowhere and forcing you to type "Boo!")
- The Tower in Mission 3 gives the player questions, and then asks them to type the right answer. One of the possible answers to "Which of these is bigger than a bread box?" is "Yeast infection."
- The question-and-answer format of the Tower? It's reused again for the final phase of The Emperor. This time, all three possible answers to each question are "correct" (however, they influence which ending you get). The answers range from semi-serious to outright silly. Some of the example questions are:
- "What does Valentine's Day mean to you?"
- A romantic evening with your true love
- Torment if you are single
- Mind your own business
- "Things you love to hate:"
- Models your lover thinks are cute
- Athletes who are stronger than you
- The Emperor Boss in this game
- "Ways to prove you like her friends?
- Write thank-you notes after every visit
- Fix them an elaborate dinner
- Hit on them shamelessly
- The game's endings. Take your pick between:
- Goldman jumping off the building like in the original HotD 2, followed by an explosion and James's Stunned Silence.
- Goldman bungee-jumping off the building, bouncing back up, and then burping.
- Goldman letting it rip and then taking off into the sky, again with James's speechless reaction.
- The credits sequence, which replaces the ending theme with one of the stage themes and shows a row of glass tubes. Typing the staff names out causes one of the zombies to break out of their tube and start dancing. By the end, the entire row is dancing.
- Whenever you see a character in Typing of the Dead running around with keyboards strapped around their neck. It's especially absurd since they're killing zombies with them (somehow).