open/close all folders
- Fort Horsted:
- The GAC touring the London Dungeon attraction, particularly Zak being put on trial before a mock 18th Century court for crimes against "God, country and fashion" and being accused of being a "French spy...from Vegas"
- The Birdcage Theater:
Zak Is it you? (pans over to one photo) You're very beautiful. (pans over to another photo) Is it you? You're...very pretty. (pans over to another photo) Is it you? You're (beat)...okay-looking.
- Aaron freaking out over a taxidermed bison head.
- Zak trying to find which Soiled Dove's spirit is trying to communicate with them:
- Zak's eagerness in wanting to see — and hopefully capture on film — the apparition of a naked woman.
- Eastern State Penitentiary:
- Zak looks though a book of inmate deaths and sees a rather unusual one: masturbation. No explanation whatsoever—just the one word.
- Moon River Brewery:
- The literal Cat Scare while the guys were looking for old tunnels originally connected to the location.
- Ancient Ram Inn:
Zak: I feel something tingly on my inner thighs.Lady Snake: She is inside you.Zak: What—
Zak: Aaron's safety is priority. *as he's barricading Aaron into the room with a wooden plank against the door*
- During the actual investigation, the team has Aaron stand in a room where a child was thrown and leave him there to see if he can get the same reaction. As the other two are leaving:
Aaron: Something's out there? Just in case. Machete. I'm gonna fuck something up.
Zak: Murderers and convicted convicts.
- Execution Rock Lighthouse:
- Nick and Zak making fun of Aaron for getting sunscreen in his eyes.
- The fishing shenanigans before the lockdown.
- Rolling Hills Sanitarium:
Zak: (lying on a patient's bed) Does anyone want to come and cuddle up with me? (beat) If you're female?
- From Return to Bobby Mackey's.
Aaron: I'm serious, if you hear me yelling or something, something bad probably happened. Come quick.Zak: Alright, alright.Nick: [walking away] Demanding little guy, isn't he?
- At the Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Kentucky.
Nick: It smells like chili in here.Zak: "It smells like chili?" It smells like death in here, what's wrong with you?
- The Stanley Hotel while interviewing with a witness, who also happens to be a young girl.
Zak: We don't do that. ("That" referring to provoking one of the ghosts)Bailey Kramer: Well, I do.Zak: I was just being sarcastic.
- "You see, the great thing about the Stanley Hotel is that you can just walk around and there's elk just interacting with people. You can walk up and talk to them...and they talk back...not really."
- "They said that originally this little cubby was an aquarium full of trout, but they emptied it out years ago and now it's just a blank panel. So supposedly you can look in and see the ghosts of the trout that were eaten... (looks into full aquarium full of trout) Uh, I don't know, I don't see anything. Maybe you do."
- Hill View Manor:
Zak: What state are we in right now? Where are we?Voice: Go check.Zak (on voiceover): Was this spirit being a smartass?
- The caddy when they played golf on the course next to Hill View. Nobody seems to know where he came from, but he definitely didn't take his job seriously.
- Aaron claiming that he lost on purpose to make Zak "look good on camera", then getting attacked by an overhanging tree limb.
- Best part? His tone didn't change from the Lovecraftian-narrator style that he usually uses in the voiceovers.
- Aaron being mistaken for Sasquatch/Bigfoot in the Fort Chaffee episode.
- From Old Fort Erie:
Zak: So he tends to not like men in his room, but strokes the hair of women. I see what he means. If a guy walked into my room, I'd wanna push him out too. But if a girl came into my room...well...that's a different story.
- The return to the Goldfield Hotel had the gang running into a Clown Motel. Zak walks in, even though he's afraid of both dolls (which were lined up along two of the walls) and clowns. Hilarity Ensues.
- The hilarity continues when Zak leaves the hotel and gets into the van, only to find that Nick and Aaron put one of the scariest clown dolls in the driver's seat, resulting in him cursing and falling out of the van.
- The Valentine's Day episode where Zak and Aaron seemed really into the prospect of having ghost sex. The entire episode kept getting more and more ridiculous until the end, where Zak tells Nick and Aaron that he's spending the night in the room where the ghost woman supposedly has sex with guests and is next seen telling cameras to stay out and bringing flowers in. The next morning, he seemingly confirms that something happened.
- Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum:
Zak: Whoever gets scared first is goosed.(cut to Zak being freaked out 3 times)
- The boys pretending to be wax figures of themselves in the museum, apparently just for kicks and giggles.
- The opening with Zak, Nick and Aaron dancing with the showgirls.
- Yorktown Hospital:
Nick: (as the donkey calmly walks in his direction) He's charging me!
- Once the crew arrives, they start poking around looking for the Caretaker. Within a few minutes, a donkey comes trotting around the corner and everyone freaks out and runs away.
- The Sacramento Tunnels episode had the boys take a break at an old-fashioned candy store. Five minutes of completely random, funny shenanigans take place, including Aaron trying to shoot film and pick candy at the same time as well as Zak and Aaron fighting over taffy barrels.
- Don't forget the scene with the tour guide. Wanting to catch up on history, the crew meets up with a tour guide who seems to know virtually EVERYTHING about the history Sacramento and gives them a boatload of information on the city. The montage loops over much of the information he relays and is made funnier by Zak's shocked/confused look and the shot of Aaron asleep on some steps close by. Eventually, Zak stops the guy and says, "Even though my head isn't literally spinning, my brain feels like it's going zzt, zzt, zzt."
- When the random rainstorm blew Zak's umbrella away, he went into the storm chasing after it.
- Just before embarking into the tunnels, the guys and the woman who lets them into the tunnels are having some of those old wax soda bottle candies, and Nick notices that he's only trying to eat the bottles, and the others point that you're not supposed to eat the bottles—Nick's a little embarrassed to hear this, and as he takes the bottle that he was chewing out of his mouth, he admits that he always thought that you were supposed to eat the bottles as well.
- The aftermath of the storm during the Hales Bar Marina and Dam episode. The boys go out after the storm to survey the damage, including a flipped over dock that they had been filming near earlier, when they spot a news crew pulling in on the road below them. Zak, in all his infinite wisdom decides to go meet the news team by jumping a water-filled ditch that has power lines lying dangerously close to it. He barely makes it, slips on some mud and lands on his ass.
- Kentucky Slave House:
- Zak, Nick and Aaron show up for the lockdown in a hearse, complete with Ghostbusters sound-alike theme music, get the crowd gathered outside pumped up...and then Zak takes a tumble down the stairs leading to the cellar.
- Tooele Hospital:
- The entire sequence where the guys are on the slopes, where Aaron admits to Zak that he's never gone skiing or snowboarding before and he, instead, just rides his board like a surfboard down the mountain and predictably goes off into a ditch. Repeatedly. Not to mention all the shenanigans with the Ski Patrol dealing with these three idiots.
- Mizpah Hotel:
Zak: [being chased down the sidewalk by a couple of kids] Guys...I don't have any candy!
- Aaron absolutely cannot keep a straight face when Zak repeatedly uses the word shaft in reference to the mines.
- When Nick says he'll be leaving the area, he catches an EVP of a woman's voice. It's not captioned (presumably so it wouldn't have to be censored) or commented on but it's clear as a bell that she called him an asshole.
- After Aaron politely asks if the spirit controlling the elevator doors can let him out, it does so, and he awkwardly thanks it.
- Zak jumping up and down like a four year old jumping on a bed to show he can't knock two boards over by jumping near them to debunk evidence.
- Pretty much the entire first ten minutes of the Winchester House episode, including but not limited to:
- Zak, Nick and Aaron's difficulty in finding their way around the mansion
- Zak sniffing and pretending to lick the wallpaper like something out of Willy Wonka's candy factory
- Zak attempting to sing Madonna's "Like A Prayer" for...no discernible reason at all.
- The boys' antics in the shooting gallery, especially Aaron's apparent eagerness to get his hands on a gun.
- In the episode where they investigated Johnny Cash's house, alongside Rose Hall, Zak reveals his fear of roaches by flipping out. Aaron torments him by lightly stroking the back of his hair, mimicing a roach's feet. It's all played for laughs.
- Earlier in the episode Zak, Nick, Aaron, Billy and another member of their tech crew engage a group of Jamaican locals in an impromptu soccer game. It goes pretty much how you would expect, with the GAC getting their asses handed to them and Aaron pulling double duty as the score announcer complete with a vaguely Australian accent.
- There's also where they were just exploring around the Jamaican town that they were, and at one point during that, while the guys are sitting and relaxing while sipping on some coconut drinks that they bought, Zak nonchalantly comments, "My god do we look like tourists."
- The Peabody Whitehead Mansion had another Info Dump similar to the one in Sacramento. However, this time the tour guide has also written a book about its history. What makes it so hilarious is that Zak has bought one and is having trouble finding which page they were at.
- The National Hotel:
- Zak forcing Aaron out of the spiritualist shop for making an innuendo-laden remark in place that was "pure."
- Point Sur Lighthouse:
- Aaron "speaking" seal, followed by Zak telling him that what he just said was a mating call.
- Zak and Aaron being...supportive of Nick during his bout of seasickness on their boat trip.
- Aaron in the wheelhouse of the boat sporting a pipe and a sea captain's hat.
- In the Black Moon Manor episode Zak, Nick and Aaron are heading into the local library to do some research on their lockdown location. On their way into the library Zak asks a nearby kid if he's going into read some books. The kid's response? "Yes, but I don't know you."
- Tor House:
- The dirty innuendos as the guys attempt to navigate the secret passage to the top of Hawk's Tower.
- Nick and Aaron singling out Zak as the "stranger with a poodle" referenced in a Robinson Jeffers poem in which the aforementioned stranger encounters Jeffers' ghost—Zak is actually the only one of the three with a pet dog, but his dog is actually a Border Collie-mix instead of a poodle.
- Sailors' Snug Harbor:
Bush: clearly not paranormal.
- Aaron coming across and being freaked out by a bush while walking the grounds alone.
- Black Swan Inn:
- During the relic hunt Aaron holds his metal detector up against a tree and says that it's reading as aluminum.
- Aaron partnering up with the owner's young son, and Zak and Nick comment on how nice it is that Aaron is around someone his own age. Later, Aaron gives the shovel and metal detector to the kid and his sister (the owner's daughter) and lets them do the work.
- Zak and Aaron decide to have a snowball fight...with a horse pie.
- Queen Mary Ocean Liner:
- The crew is hoping to talk with the spirit of a little girl named Jackie. Zak tries singing "Ring Around The Rosie" (badly) to get her attention and nothing happens. Nick shakes his head at the camera and says, "I didn't like that singing either, Jackie."
- A bat manages to get into the location, leading to Operation B. T. B. R. - Operation Bloodthirsty Bat Removal. The best part is when the team attempts Cat Scare on Zac and it works.
- In the same episode, sometime earlier, the team is visiting a local museum that happens to be run by an elderly couple. The husband, at one point, is startled by the microphone, leading to jokes about the sound engineer being a ghost. The husband then takes an interest in the camera, but utterly fails to take a good shot when he tries to use it.
- Casa de Rosas
- While interviewing a former Scientologist at the Casa de Rosas compound, Zak is startled by a cat that hops out of the fireplace behind him. The cat pads around the room for a second, then disappears back up the fireplace.
- Star of India
Zak steps on a foghorn-type device that makes a loud farting noiseAaron: "Oh my god that sounds like Zak's ass."
- In an attempt to follow the advice of an anonymous crew member to "go as primitive as possible" with their investigation, the guys hit up a naval antique store for equipment. Cue a montage of them walking around the store like kids in a candy shop.
Zak: "We are, um, looking for ghosts... uh...on the Star of India ship?"Owner: *very nonplussed expression*
- And immediately after that, Zac gets the attention of the store's pregnant owner. His explanation...doesn't quite fly with her.
- And then she finally gets it after Zak's brief explanation in front of a model ship. The "you got the right answer" bell dinging away, coupled with her expression of understanding, just makes the whole interaction that much funnier.
- The whole scene in the antique shop is hilarious.
- Hell Hole Prison
Zak: *while wiping his glasses on her skirt* "This is a first."
- Just before their first interview, Zak realises his glasses are dirty. Cue their interviewee, the curator of the prison-turned-museum, offering Zak her skirt as a cloth to wipe his lenses.
Aftershocks Season 1
Aftershocks Season 2
Aftershocks Season 3
- In the "Riddle House; Pioneer Saloon" episode, Zak gets very startled by a large moth landing on his head. He then claims that it's actually the legendary "Mothman" creature and insists on stopping the interview so he can shoo it out of the room.