- In First and Only, Gaunt discusses with Rawne the defense of their barracks from rival regiment by the means of training shock-poles, using a random trooper right next to him as demonstration.
- Rawne's remark about his commander, mentioned in Necropolis:
- "Welcome to the Wounded."
- Even the group's failure-prone Chimera didn't survive the naming.
- The size-three clips in Guns of Tanith.
: "Where the gak
- When Beltayn kills a Gereon occupation officer as he steps inside a shed while searching a farmstead where some of the Ghosts are hiding out.
- Shortly after Feygor gets an augmentic voice box that makes everything he says sound sarcastic, someone suggests that from now on he should raise a hand to let people know whenever he's actually being sarcastic. Feygor's reponse: "Oh, that's a good idea." Beat *Raises his hand*
- In His Last Command, Ezrah doesn't get why Ayatani Zweil is bugging him... so he looks at Gaunt and asks if he can kill the man.
- This bit about the Eighty-First-First from His Last Command :
: "I've only known you for about twenty-four hours and you got me into this.
Mkoll: "Just imagine what I could do if I was really trying."
- The following exchange between Rawne and Wilder:
Rawne: "That probably sounded better in your head, didn't it?"
Wilder: "Yes. Really, much, much better."
- In "Sabbat Martyr" Rawne, Banda and Feygor are arguing whether or not Saint Sabbat is staring at them in particular, Banda says it has to be Rawne because:
"The major's sex on legs, real catnip for us womenfolk"
- "Sabbat Martyr" Curth telling Gaunt she'll only do him a favor because he's so good in bed. In front of the whole regiment.
- It backfires on her though as the regiment stares at her as if she's serious, making her retort that it was a joke irritatedly. Though that reaction alone is also hilarious, as everyone in earshot (which, as they're getting off their landers, is most of the regiment) immediately believes it. A few slack jaws and a couple dropped kitbags are mentioned.
- The joke goes sideways later on when Curth reveals to Gaunt in Salvation's Reach she'd been pining over him for years.
- When the events of Blood Pact cause Gaunt to make an unscheduled and incognito visit to the museum of the fallen Tower of the Plutocrat on Balhaut, he finds there are several chapels dedicated to the heroes that died taking it. His reaction on finding on dedicated to Commissar Ibram Gaunt of the Hyrkan 8th is priceless, and all the more funny that neither he nor his party can correct the mistake...
- In Blood Pact, Mabbon (a defector from the main Chaos force the Ghosts have been fighting for years now) and Gaunt have this exchange when the latter is helping the former keep running from both Blood Pact and the Inquisition after an old wound reopens.
Gaunt: Not far now, magir.
Mabbon: You're a good man, Gaunt.
Gaunt: If they take us, please don't say that to anyone. Tell them I'm your sworn enemy.