Despite its dark nature, the film version of A Clockwork Orange
has some scenes that are actually pretty funny:
- The fight scene involving the Cat Lady and Alex. And this earlier exchange:
- Mr. Deltoid drinking out of a glass of water containing a pair of dentures.
- A doctor and a nurse making out behind some hospital curtains rush out half dressed when they realize Alex has regained consciousness.
- Alex's responses to the picture slides in his recovery:
- "My mind is a blank! Er... and I'll smash your face... for you, yarblockos!"
- "Cabbages! Knickers! It's not got a - a beak!"
- "No time for the old in and out, love. I've just come to read the meter!"
- "Eggiwegs. I would like to smash 'em. And pick em all up and throw- *hits himself* OW! Fucking hell."
- The fast-forwarded threesome scene, set to a frantic synth rendition of the William Tell Overture.
- While Pete, Georgie and Dim are waiting for Alex to come out of his apartment, Dim is sitting in a broken baby carriage, pretending to drive a car.
- "ARE YOU NOW, OR HAVE EVER BEEN, A HOMOSEXUAL?"
- Pretty much all of the guard's dialogue and actions
- Alex imagining himself taking part in the violent acts in the bible (and later the orgies).
- After all the crime, depravity, psychological torture, and disturbing examinations of dystopia, what does Kubrick choose to play over the film's end credits? "I'm siiiiingin' in the rain... Just siiiiiingin' in the rain..."
- (While being interviewed by the journalist) Alex: "...It always feels like something terrible is about to happen to me" <head falls into plate of pasta with a loud splat>