Despite its dark nature, the film version of A Clockwork Orange
has some scenes that are actually pretty funny:
- The fight scene involving the Cat Lady and Alex. And this earlier exchange:
- Mr. Deltoid drinking out of a glass of water containing a pair of dentures.
- A doctor and a nurse making out behind some hospital curtains rush out half dressed when they realize Alex has regained consciousness.
- Alex's responses to the picture slides in his recovery:
- "My mind is a blank! Er... and I'll smash your face... for you, yarblockos!"
- "Cabbages! Knickers! It's not got a - a beak!"
- "No time for the old in and out, love. I've just come to read the meter!"
- "Eggiwegs. I would like to smash 'em. And pick em all up and throw- *hits himself* OW! Fucking hell."
- The fast-forwarded threesome scene, set to a frantic synth rendition of the William Tell Overture.
- While Pete, Georgie and Dim are waiting for Alex to come out of his apartment, Dim is sitting in a broken baby carriage, pretending to drive a car.
- Alex imagining himself taking part in the violent acts in the bible (and later the orgies).