Film: Piranha Part Two: The Spawning
A 1981 sequel to Piranha
directed by James Cameron
, which is in his words
"the finest flying piranha movie ever made".
A patch of experimental piranhas
made by the army has escaped their containment, and start attacking the tourists of a local Jamaican
Midway through the filming, the director (or at least the credited one) had a nightmare; the result of that nightmare was The Terminator
This film has the examples of:
- Attack of the Town Festival: The hotel that Anne is working for is about to have an annual party on the beach. When she demands that it is cancelled until the water is safe again, she is fired on the spot. True to the trope, the fish end up attacking the hapless partiers.
- Continuity Nod: The events of the previous film are mentioned when Anne and Tyler study the pictures on Piranhas' victim.
- Death by Sex: First people to die are a couple who dive into the wreckage of the piranhas' origin and try to have sex there.
- Impromptu Tracheotomy: One piranha that was hiding inside a body flies out of it and starts biting the throat of the nurse who had the misfortune of being near. It then flies through a window to freedom.
- Mrs. Robinson: Mrs. Wilson, who very openly hits on a younger lifeguard.
- Numbered Sequels: And an odd example of the number being written.
- Porky Pig Pronunciation: Mal, the cook whom Jai and Loretta trick to get them some food has a stuttering problem.
- Title Drop: The subtitle is dropped when Anne is asked to explain the spawning of the fish.