Bratz: The Movie is a movie based on the popular but controversial line of dolls. It is set in an Alternate Universe to the CGI films. The film is neither popular or controversial - everyone agrees that it is bad.The movie follows Cloe, Sasha, Yasmin and Jade as they go through high school. After being broken up on the first day, Yasmin decided to take the initiative and bring her group back together and show Meredith and her Girl Posse that she doesn't rule the school.
This movie shows examples of:
- Alpha Bitch: Meredith is trying to out-bitch both Libby from Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Tess from Camp Rock with songs like 'It's All About Me' and 'FABULOUS'.
- An Aesop: The Power of Friendship RULES! Also, don't let people push you around.
- Bond Breaker: Head girl Meredith is set upon driving the Bratz girls apart; after two years, she has succeeded in making them part of her pre-defined cliques, and they can barely speak to each other any more.
- Broken Aesop: The movie is infamous for its promotion of unbridled materialism, since it seems to be the only thing the heroines have in common. No wonder Meridith split the girls up so easily. Heaven help us, that high-schoolers should group up with other high-schoolers with similar interests!
- Dawson Casting: Cloe and Avery are played by actresses well out of high school age: Avery is Anneliese van der Pol
- Everything's Sparkly with Jewelry: Sasha loves this trope.
- Four Girl Ensemble
- The Glasses Gotta Go: Dexter
- High School A.U.: This movie is an Alternate Universe to a universe set in a high school.
- Hollywood Nerd: Dexter, Jade and the rest of the Nerd clique.
- Hollywood Science: To make a super cool CGI fireworks show just combine three different chemicals in a pseudo smart way!
- Informed Flaw: Cloe's 'clumsiness.' Yes, a klutz is capable of pulling off soccer moves only professionals can barely do. Also, the fact that Cloe is poor. If she's so poor, where did she get all of those clothes, the computer in her bedroom, and the moped she drives to school? (It is never mentioned whether or not she has a job outside of school to make up for it.)
- Make Way for the Princess: Meredith and the Bratz.
- Talent Show: The climax.
- Title Drop: "You... you... BRAAAAATZ!"
- The Power of Friendship: BFFs WOO!
- Trailers Always Spoil: Most of the trailers compromise mostly of scenes right from the end of the movie, at the party when the Bratz triumph over Meredith, or from the food fight.
- Product Placement: The girls/dolls.
- Rich Bitch: Meredith.
- Wakeup Makeup: It's like they got up and fixed their hair and makeup before re-waking up.
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: Averted, apart from Bratz.