Film: Alien vs. Ninja
Alien vs Ninja is a 2010 popcorn movie from director Seiji Chiba. When a "fireball" crashes near a ninja village a handful of Ninja are dispatched to investigate the issue.
This film provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Rin (Two Words: "Mighty Strength")
- All of the Other Reindeer: Yamata gets a mild case of this from a group of the village laborers, since he wasn't born into the clan. The other warriors respect him, though.
- Badass Normal: Ninjas
- Badass Bookworm: Nezumi is a pretty good ninjas when he gets up the nerve to fight.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space
- Bottomless Magazines
- Conservation of Ninjutsu: The opening battle shows a single ninja taking out an entire pack of ninjas. Yamata is apparently Genre Savvy enough to use it to his advantage.
- Cool Versus Awesome: Read the title again.
- Cluster F-Bomb: In the climax, the ninjas in thrall to the alien chant "Fuck you!" repeatedly in English.
- Dirty Coward: Nezumi
- Double Entendre: Numerous visual examples. The aliens in general, as well as all the fight scenes, are exploding with sexual imagery
- Gangsta Style: how the alien uses the gun
- Gratuitous English: "You motherfucker. Give me the fucking dirty pussy. Fuck you! Fuck you!" It is clear from their reactions that neither Rin nor Yamata understand any of it and both are extremely confused by it.
- Helmets Are Hardly Heroic: only mooks and Nezumi wear helmets after the first scene
- Homage: The aliens are clearly based on the xenomorphs from Ridley Scott's Alien movies.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Ninja
- Interspecies Romance: One of the aliens attempts to rape Rin. It regrets it.
- Mood Whiplash: Numerous examples but there are a few standouts Netsumi returning to his home village only to see everyone dead and the alien advancing on him only to land on the roof, then promptly fall through it.
- Ms. Fanservice: Rin.
- Ninja: They have no super powers but can leap hundreds of feet and survive terminal velocity free falls
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: alien-controlled ninja zombies
- Our Zombies Are Different: they come from alien parasites in your throat and can be cured by yanking them out.
- Rule of Cool: Lightning quick aliens land in Toyko to kill ninjas.
- Rule of Funny: Much of the movie is cut with the antics of Netsumi, a chicken of a Ninja who is a Gadgeteer Genius and is the oldest/most experienced of the group.
- Rule of Scary: Lightning quick aliens land in Iga prefecture to kill ninjas.
- Rule of Three: Of the half dozen ninjas that set out only 3 survive.
- Versus Title: This movie isn't about pirates vs. zombies, though it does feature Alien-possessed zombie ninjas at one point.