The Louhearst Expedition is a Pokémon
fanfic written by Lolli-S, taking place on the titular expedition. The Louhearst Expedition is a program run by an Academy of Adventure
known as the Louhearst Trainer School. It is a four-year trek around Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh that students begin upon enrollment at age fourteen. The expedition starts in Pewter City and ends in Sunyshore and is meant to be a fun way for students to explore the world without going on a dangerous journey while receiving a quality education at the same time.
Or at least that's what it should be.
With the arrival of the First Year, Logan Martin, Louhearst starts experiencing some strange happenings, starting with Mount Moon being bombed and only getting worse from there. Throughout the course of the year, Logan makes friends and enemies while going through common teenage mishaps and his own coming of age. All fun and games until Logan learns there's a strangely polite madman out for his soul
with an army of vicious psychopaths
at his beck and call.
Things KEEP getting worse for Logan at the start of his second year, beginning with one of his best friends, Henrietta Mackenzie
being poisoned by a Drapion and currently resulting with him being in a self-induced coma (it's a long story).
The series is confirmed to be four books long by its end and is currently in progress. Going a little slow, though; the authoress recently had a baby.
Recently, it's been announced that the series is going through a revamp.
- Academy of Adventure: Louhearst, of course, as well as the other schools in the district.
- Aerith and Bob: We have perfectly normal names such as Logan and Ethan, and then there are more unique names such as Henrietta and Floressa...
- Big Screwed-Up Family: The Vellas.
- Cerebus Syndrome
- Character Development: The main and supporting cast get their fair share of this. Rietta and Shane especially.
- The Chosen One: Logan Martin, if only for the fact that The Big Bad wants his soul to accomplish his goal.
- It Sucks to Be the Chosen One: When it means you're constantly being targeted so that someone can steal your immortal soul, yeah, it kind of does.
- Darker and Edgier: Year Two.
- Evil Minions: The Soul Destroyers
- Fate Worse than Death: Getting your soul destroyed. Human or Pokemon, if your soul is destroyed, you cease to exist. No afterlife, no wandering the earth as a spirit, no Limbo or Fields of Elysian; you're just gone.
- Gang Of Bullies: Soul Snakes in Year One and the Seathroul Gang in Year Two.
- Garage Band: Superego
- The Government
- Jerk Ass: A large amount in this series.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: There is a large amount of secondary characters
- The Rival: Logan Martin and Shane Clarke
- Rule of Three
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: As the richest kid in school, Shane Clarke maliciously abuses this trope in the first year. Helps that his dad bought off one of his professors so that Shane and his friends can never get in trouble or fail in that class. His favorite way of screwing the rules? Publicly humiliating his classmates, carrying a switchblade in plain sight, punching Logan in the face whenever Logan rounds a corner, stealing property from the Pewter Museum and planting it on an innocent, and calling Emma Jacobs a hick because she's from New Bark Town.
- Six Student Clique: Logan and his friends.
- The Head: Logan
- The Muscle: Ethan
- The Quirk: Jett
- The Pretty One: Roux
- The Smart One: Rietta
- The Wild One: ZK