Harry, Ron, and Ginny are the only ones left after Harry finally beats Voldemort. They decide to use the Tears of Merlin
to travel back in time to 1991 and save their friends and family.
This story is widely considered to be one of the (if not the
) best Harry Potter Peggy Sue
fanfics out there.
Written by Deadwoodpecker. Read Part I: Always and Always here
and Part II: The Book of Albus here
This work provides examples of:
- Arc Words: Always and always. Also is a Title Drop.
- Bad Future: Only Harry, Ron, and Ginny are left.
- Batman Gambit
- Berserk Button: Do not do anything remotely sexual with Ginny or the rest of the Weasleys will kill you.
- Butterfly of Doom: Al tries to be the butterfly and not the hurricane, with mixed results.
- The Chessmaster: Harry, Ron, Dumbledore... basically Voldemort is playing into the hands of the good guys the whole time.
- The Chosen One: Harry, of course. Only everyone knows it this time around.
- Darker and Edgier
- Determinator: Most characters are this to some extent.
- Drowning My Sorrows: This is what Harry, Ron, and Ginny were doing when they decided to go back in time. Harry does this again after he gets kicked out of the Burrow. Subverted when he becomes Undesirable Number One again. Not doing this becomes a rule for Al Potter, at least while time traveling.
- Easy Amnesia: Harry comes to despise this after Lockhart obliviates him in the Chamber of Secrets
- Foreshadowing: Merlin
- Heroic Sacrifice: The three traveling back in time to save everyone, Harry sacrificing himself and Al going back to save his dad.
- Hypocrisy Nod: Sirius and Snape when they tell Harry that he's letting bitterness consume him.
- Identical Grandson: Comes in handy for Albus Potter.
- Idiot Ball: Some people consider having Ginny use the diary again to get the Sword of Gryffindor this.
- Killed Off for Real: Subverted with Percy. Played straight with Neville and Mad-Eye.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Obliviation.
- The Man Behind the Man: Merlin
- Mental Time Travel
- Merged Reality
- Mischief for Punishment: Harry and Ron throw dungbombs at Snape during Potions so that they can get up to Dumbledore's office without suspicion.
- The Mole: Snape gets to do this again.
- Non-Linear Character: Merlin
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Dumbledore and others do this when they have to pretend that they don't trust Harry
- Original Flavor: Many consider Deadwoodpecker's writing to be similar to the original, albeit with more mature content (language, sex, etc.)
- Punny Name: The Wise Asp.
- The Prophecy: Same as last time, only with a couple additions: "bent for always and always" and now the power the Dark Lord knows not is "terrible."
- The Reveal: There's one of these for pretty much everyone who finds out about the time travel.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: After Percy supposedly dies.
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong
- Temporal Sickness: For Albus Potter, and he has the scars to prove it.
- Trigger Phrase: Merlin uses these when using the Forget-for-Now potion.
- You Can't Fight Fate: Albus Potter gets to learn this the hard way.
- 0% Approval Rating