Fan Fic: Om Nom Nom Hamster Chan
Om Nom Nom, Hamster-chan!
is a Hayate the Combat Butler fanfic
by Troper Evil Fuzzy 9
ostensibly following the attempts of Ayumu Nishizawa
to create a harem
for her beloved Hayate. Ostensibly
. In execution, however, it
tends to focus
focuses more on the escapades of the main characters
, to great effect
This fic provides examples of:
Chapters of this fic provide examples of:
- Alternate Universe Fic: Diverges from the original storyline at around the end of the Golden Week Arc and never looks back.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: Dire Rat quickly abandons all pretense of subtlety once he has been cornered by Hayate, abandoning all of his other tactics in favor of this.
- Badass Boast: Outmatched or not, Dire Rat can still brag with the best of 'em.
- Bi the Way: "The harem Ayumu is building is as much for her as it is for Hayate"note .
- Crack Fic
- Deadpan Snarker: Wataru is this most of the time he shows up; Nagi is also this whenever she isn't alternating between fawning over Hayate and angrily berating berating Hayate.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Deconstructed. Dire Rat only agrees to work for Nagi because he had already been planning on retiring, only needed an excuse to do so, and figured that Nagi would be easy enough to manipulate. That poor, deluded bastard.
- Fan Nickname: The author calls the narrator Narrio Wakamator.
- Fanon: Invoked by the author when he decides to make Sharna British via a bit of contrived Insane Troll Logic.
- Fanservice: A fight scene between Tama and an assassin is interrupted by a female bondingscene between Ayumu and Hina.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Largely averted except for
one twonote occasions, one of which has not actually occurred yet.
- Highly-Visible Ninja: Ayumu and Nagi dress like these during a clandestine meeting.
- Lampshade Hanging
- Les Yay
- Memetic Badass: In a fight between a world-class assassin and a world-class butler, who would emerge victorious? Squirrel Girl.
- Miles Gloriosus: Dire Rat is a borderline example, and possibly even an aversion of this trope if Klaus's initial reaction to his presence is anything to go by.
- Ninja: In the first chapter, Ayumu and Nagi both dress in a manner reflecting how they view ninja, with Nagi dressed as an orange-clad Naruto cosplayer, while Nishizawa is dressed like a more traditional, but still anachronistic black-clad shinobi.
- Dire Rat claims to be a ninja when making a promise to Klaus.
- No Fourth Wall: The main characters are fully aware of their fictional nature, and it is not uncommon for entire scenes to focus on this just to set up a gag or punchline.
- Omake: There is one at the end of each chapter.
- Original Flavor: The author goes to great lengths to emulate the style of the original series humor and quirky characterization.
- Professional Killer: Dire Rat is supposedly the best at what he does, but he is simply no match for the likes of Hayate Ayasaki.
- Rule of Funny
- Self-Deprecating Humor: Mainly with characters remarking on the utter absurdity of various gags and occurrences within the story.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: The author occasionally does this, sometimes to almost author vocabulary calendar levels with gems like acerbic-saccharine acquaintanceship.
- Shout-Out: Much like the original series, this fic is loaded to the brim with these.
- Lawful Stupid: Arguably averted by Hayate when he points out that, since his ancestors were scum, his only honor comes from doing his duty to his lady as efficiently as possible, even if he must use decidedly underhanded methods to accomplish this.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Nagi denies watching Hayate on Closed-Circuit Television... when asked how she could be sure he was master of his own domain.
- That Liar Lies: Nagi delves into this when she accuses Maria of wondering whether or not to lie to her mistress when asked a question to which the honest answer would simply be out of the question.
- Translation Trainwreck: In the first omake.