Fan Fic / Obscurus Lupa Wins The Olympics
Obscurus Lupa Wins the Olympics
is a parody fic by Giga Bob
which can be found here
wins the Olympics in the first sentence, and it only gets stranger from there. The chapters are a combination of general parodies of fanfiction
tropes (such as slash
, self-insert characters
) as well as specific parodies of other notorious fics
, mixed with pure and utter insanity
. The story itself has been gaining more popularity ever since it was mentioned by Obscurus Lupa herself (Allison Prengler, B-movie reviewer on That Guy with the Glasses
) in her commentary for the review of Simon Sez
that she did with The Nostalgia Critic
Tropes found in this fic include...
- Author Avatar: Robert.
- Author Appeal: Giant robots show up a lot for no real plot-related reason.
- Back from the Dead: Phelous, but that's pretty common.
- Beige Prose
- Big NO!: ""Nooo!" Lupa screamed while gesturing to the sky."
- Crack Fic
- Crossover: Several, with Doctor Who being the most notable.
- Dramatic Ellipsis: "It was.......Phelous!"
- Dramatic Reading: So far there are two on Youtube: one here and an illustrated version here
- Dirty Old Man: Mark Sevi.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Done a lot with Lupa and Phelous.
- Fiery Redhead: Lupa
- Heaven: They go there in Chapter 9.
- In-Name-Only: Much like Cloud Mows The Lawn, this fic has very little to do with the Olympics past the first chapter.
- Intergenerational Friendship: Lupa and Christopher Lee.
- Interactive Narrator: Chapter 4 has Lupa directly talk to the narrator, while Chapter 11 has her and Phelous beat up a direct avatar of the author.
- Large Ham: The Master (literally at one point), Lupa, Phelous, the Dark One and The Nostalgia Critic.
- Lupa Can Breathe in Space
- Meta Fic
- Meta Guy: Phelous, already has this trait. Lupa has her moments, mostly due to the lack of a fourth wall.
- Mythology Gag: Oancitizen is referred to as "Ralph", referencing a mistake on his IMDb page where he was inexplicably listed as Ralph Oancitizen.
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: All over the place. Most notably, Phelous gets the ability to summon clones of himself and combine with them into a super-sized version of himself.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Demon Robot Ghost Hitler.
- Noodle Incident: Lupa mentions a night out with 80's Dan that led to a restraining order.
- Sidekick: Phelous to Lupa, Ralph Oancitizen to Phelous, Torgo to the Master and Jesus to God.
- Pals with Jesus: Lupa and Jesus punch out The Devil together.
- Self-Deprecation: Giga Bob takes several shots at himself and the perceived quality of the fic, including writing himself in as a whiny Man Child.
- Shout-Out: Tons, ranging from a mecha called King GetterGaiZinger Kaiser Lagann X, to fighting the Knights of Round to cribbing lines from My Immortal and other fanfics.
- Stalker With a Crush: Todd in the Shadows and 90's Kid, as well as 80's Dan and 70's Dude.
- And in the illustrated reading, one of the ninjas has one on Phelous.
- Official Couple: Lupa and Phelous. Since they're dating in real life, it makes sense.
- Original Character: Many, but most notably Robert, a Self-Insert Marty Stu parody.
- Parody Sue
- Red Shirt: The Blistered Thumbs regiment on the heroes' side, and the ninjas and the Knights of Round on the villain's side.
- Wimpification: Phelous.
- Word of God: An extra chapter called Author's Notes and Commentary explains the backstory, writing process and some of the jokes in the fic.