Fan Fic: Monster A Death Note AU
by amour tue lentement
is a Death Note
AU and Dark
Light/L Slash Fic
. Ryuuzaki, the police secretary and errand boy
, suddenly finds himself pursued by unknown enemies
and haunted by a past he can't remember.
Monster provides examples of:
- Action Hero: L has his moments. Also Mello.
- Almighty Janitor: L the secretary.
- Alternate Universe Fic
- Antagonist in Mourning: Understated after Misa killed L, Light rubbed out the name so hard with the death eraser that it wore a hole in the page.
- Axe Crazy: This version of Light Yagami flips out and becomes physically violent at the drop of a hat.
- Awful Truth: To his horror L learns that before he lost his memories he was Kira's accomplice and lover. Though it's slowly revealed that it's slightly more complicated than that...
- Back from the Dead: The reason why there are gaps in L's memories is because Misa KILLED him in a jealous rage. Light brought L back with a Death Eraser he received from Ryuk.
- Badass Biker: Mello
- Badass Bystander: Aizawa
- Badass Driver: Aizawa
- Bastard Boyfriend: Light to L
- Becoming the Mask: When L went to infiltrate Kira's operation...
- Bodyguarding a Badass: Much to his displeasure Aizawa gets stuck babysitting the amnesiac!L.
- Car Chase: The action begins with one.
- Carved Mark: When Light kidnaps L again he carves an "L" into his hip. L muses it's a "two percent chance that the L was for Lawliet, and a ninety-eight percent chance it was for "Light's"."
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: What side is Mello on again?
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Misa to Light.
- Contrived Coincidence: Light rediscovers L because Aizawa just happened to drive by where Light (a wanted fugitive who has been declared dead) happened to be out jogging.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Light to L.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: Aizawa to the amnesiac L.
- Cute and Psycho: Light and Misa.
- Dark and Troubled Past: L, Light, Misa, Mr. Yagami.
- Dark Fic
- Deadpan Snarker: L, Mello, Light, Ryuk.
- Distressed Dude: L
- Domestic Abuser: Light
- Donut Mess with a Cop: It becomes Ryuuzaki's job to get the dougnuts (and not eat them).
- Dysfunction Junction: Uh, yeah...
- Easy Amnesia: For L
- Enigmatic Minion: Ryuk he sticks around Light despite being disgusted by him (even moreso than in canon) and for some reason he gave Light the death eraser.
- Even Evil Has Standards: When Ryuk warns L about Light.
Ryuk: You should watch out for your friend there. Freaking insane.
L: ...What do you mean?
Ryuk: Heh. You don't know? He killed his own mother.
- Evil Overlord: Kira
- Faking the Dead: Light Yagami disappeared years ago and was declared dead.
- Five-Bad Band
- Genre Shift: Detective / Suspense -> Suspense / Action-Adventure
- Heel-Face Revolving Door: Mello and L.
- Hitman with a Heart: Mello
Light: You may report back now...is there anyone else in the car?
Light: Oh. Kill him. (Hangs up)
- Identity Amnesia: As far as Ryuuzaki knows he's just the secretary and police errand boy.
- If I Can't Have You: Misa to Light.
- In Medias Res: The story begins with L having Identity Amnesia and a Dark and Troubled Past.
- Inspector Lestrade: Mr. Yagami
- It Amused Me: After L found Kira he didnít particularly care about such details as turning him in seeing as he was just solving the case for his own amusement and had become rather fond of Light. After learning this Light became rather insistent that L remain at his side.
- Manipulative Bastard: Light. Count on Misa and Near as well.
- Matricide: In a moment of desperate panic Light killed his own mother.
- Mood-Swinger: Light is much more unstable here than he is in canon because he murdered his mother.
- Murder Is the Best Solution: Light is even more cavalier about it than in canon.
- Mysterious Past: L
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: Kitamura and Near.
- Prompt Fic: L x Light generator challenge "The theme of this story: dark romance. The main characters: courageous secretary and infamous outlaw. The major event of the story: destruction."
- Psychotic Love Triangle: Misa x Light x L
- Reformed, but Rejected: The taskforce gives the amnesiac Ryuuzaki a hard time because they believe he betrayed them.
- Rhetorical Question Blunder: when L comments on Misa's enthusiasm for killing criminals Light asks:
Light: Is it a crime that someone else is as committed to cleansing the world as I am?
L: Yes, actually, it is. That's called mass murder.
- Right-Hand Hottie: L is a sexy secretary.
- Sanity Slippage: Light
- Shout-Out: To Code Geass- because of his tactical genius Light gets the nickname Light Lamperouge and one of the names Mikami sees on a crowded street is Suzaku Kururugi .
- Slash Fic: It's Light/L.
- Stockholm Syndrome: L with Light.
- Tomato in the Mirror: Ryuuzaki is L and heís also Kiraís accomplice.
- Took a Level in Badass: EVERYONE!!!
- Villainous Breakdown: Light has them often.
- We Can Rule Together: Light to L.
- Woman Scorned: Misa
- Would Be Rude to Say "Genocide": Light prefers to call it "cleansing the world."
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: When Misa calls up the police she downplays her involvement, claiming that she was "so scared" of Kira...
- X Meets Y: Death Note meets The Bourne Identity
- Yandere: Light for L and Misa for Light.
Light (coming at L with a knife) L, I'm not losing you again.
- You, Get Me Coffee: after losing his memories "Ryuuzaki" becomes the office boy who gets coffee and doughnuts for Aizawa and Matsuda. Laser-Guided Karma?
- You Will Be Spared: Mello spares Aizawa in a Pet the Dog moment and Light spares L insisting that they can rule together and later brings him back to life with the death eraser after Misa killed L in a jealous rage.