Fan Fic / Fallout Transformers
is a Transformers
fanfic by Nan00k
. It follow a group of eleven Autobots, Decepticons and humans in an AU universe after the '07 movie. Basically, Megatron has turned into Galvatron and he and his drones have taken over Earth, which, as the page quote says, has gotten pretty messed up...
It has two sequels, Fallout: Apocalypse
and Fallout: Adaptations
Not to be confused with the video game of the same name.
This series provides examples of:
- Action Survivor
- Aliens Speaking English: Vortex has to download a human language after meeting Jazz and Thundercracker. Wildrider can also speak Russian, and speaks with a (technically fake) accent, due to having rather liked the Russian humans he stuck with for a while. Arcee can speak Chinese.
- After the End
- Badass Family: Adoptive, but yes. They survived a lifetime of living in a postapocalypic wasteland populated mainly by homicidal, Hive Mind drones.
"Our family - the most badass family on Earth."
- Badass Normal: All the humans - Rachel, Danny, Barns, Goddard, Kass - have their moments.
- Bears Are Bad News: Wildrider does not like them. Or wolves. ("TOO MUCH LIKE BEAR!")
- Berserk Button: If you hurt one of the family, the other ten will be unhappy. Very unhappy.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Jazz. And Kass, whenever a drone fight breaks out.
- The Blank: Wheeljack and Vortex.
- Blood Knight: Rachel.
- Blunt Metaphors Trauma: There's a chapter featuring this with Bluestreak.
- Break the Cutie: Danny. By far the most idealistic of the group, just being with Wheeljack for the entirety of her childhood and never suffering any early losses. After she joins the main cast, though, Goddard dies early on. She grieves, but grows closer to Wildrider and the rest of the team. And then Wheeljack dies sending her and the rest of the group to another timeline. Like the rest of the humans, she gets professionally diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. And, like that isn't enough, she has to deal with meeting an alternate-universe version of Wheeljack when they shift to another timeline. Yeah.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: To various degrees. Bluestreak is a hyper-drunk (off of high-grade), Rachel is an angry drunk, Danny...
Barnes: "Wheeljack, please [get her off me] before you are made a grandfather!"
- Car Fu: Wildrider.
- Character Development
- Cluster F-Bomb: Rachel. A lot.
- Combining Mecha: Vortex and Wildrider gleefully describe this to Goddard. And some time later, Devastator shows up....
- Crapsack World: You think?
- Crazy Awesome: Danny certainly seems to think so of Wildrider.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Doomed Hometown: Kass. And Bluestreak, twice.
- Downer Ending: The war in general (in this timeline, at least). No one even wins - not even the orchestrator of the whole mess.
- Drives Like Crazy: Wildrider. What did you expect?
- Enemy Mine: It's how the family actually starts - Jazz and Thundercracker met and figured they'd be better off working together than against each other, seeing that factions didn't really exist anymore. They unofficially adopted Rachel, and it all went downhill from there.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Goddard. Also Wheeljack, then Optimus too. As expected, the latter gets better.
- Heroic BSOD: A particularly memorable one for Danny after Wheeljack dies.
- Hive Mind: The drones.
- Interspecies Romance: Played with. Vortex likes Rachel, Rachel likes Vortex, neither Jazz nor Thundercracker like the idea; but there's no real indication the relationship is ever going to be sexual.
- Jade-Colored Glasses: Everyone to some extent, but especially in Thundercracker, Rachel, and Vortex. Literally for all the bots, too, some time later on.
- Kill 'em All: Out of all the characters in the 2007 movie, only Jazz survives.
- Laughing Mad: Wildrider.
- Motor Mouth: Bluestreak.
- No Social Skills: Thundercracker.
- Only Sane Woman: Arcee, to some degree. She holds on hardest to the Autobots' previous ideals.
- Overprotective Dad: Jazz and Thundercracker. To hilarious lengths. Poor Vortex...
- Poirot Speak: Barns is French. It shows.
- Split Personality: Vortex has some mild symptoms after his gestalt dies.
- True Companions
- Vitriolic Best Buds: All eleven, to a degree, but most apparent in Vortex and Bluestreak.
- Warrior Poet: Rachel.
- What Measure Is a Mook?: The main canon characters are, in order of appearance: Jazz, Thundercracker, Wheeljack, Bluestreak, Vortex, Wildrider, and Arcee. Blitzwing makes a guest appearance. A lot of them are minor characters at best, even in the original animated series.
- Wrench Wench: Kass. Mikaela, too, when she shows up.