Fan Fic / Edens Diary
is a Future Diary
While technically an Alternate Universe
, the setting resembles the 3rd world as seen in canon, where the diary holders have been seen to live better lives thanks to the occurrence (or non-occurrence) of certain events. In this universe, the participants of the Survival Game were chosen based on their possession of First Civilization DNA, which would allow them to properly wield the mysterious artifacts known as the Pieces of Eden. Among these participants is Yukiteru Amano, who in this universe also happens to be one of the descendants of Ezio Auditore da Firenze
through his mother's side.
Despite its nature as a crossover between Future Diary
and Assassin's Creed
(and, to a lesser extent, Chobits
), however, the plot and premise has so far remained more faithful to the former. Incidentally, this work was written by the same author behind Platinum Angel
(crossover between Chobits
and Assassin's Creed
), and even takes place in the same universe.
A mirror of the fic can also be found here
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Adaptational Heroism: Takao Hiyama, who in this universe is a member of the Assassin Order. Unfortunately, a combination of Demonic Possession and People Puppets turn him into Yukiteru's first target.
- Ascended Fanboy: Yukiteru, who is quite clearly an Ezio fanboy and gets to relive his memories through the Animus. However, this is then deconstructed when he begins to think himself worthless in comparison. It takes both Athena and Minerva to snap him out of it.
- Arc Words: May the Father of Understanding guide us.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: As has already been established, the Animus allows for this, leading to Yukiteru's training regimen involving regular Animus sessions.
- Badass Teacher: Minerva, who becomes a guidance counselor at Yukiteru's school.
- Big Bad: John Bacchus, who in this universe is not only a Templar, but is also responsible for the tragedy that killed Yukiteru's uncle and Yuno's parents.
- Big Damn Heroes: Yukiteru and then Piero pull this off, saving Yuno from gunmen who, just moments before, gunned down both her parents. Unfortunately, in the case of the latter, this also overlaps with Dying Moment of Awesome.
- Bodyguard Crush: Tsubaki and Shouichi, sort of. According to them, her parents approve.
- Continuity Lockout: As with its sister fic, readers unfamiliar with Assassin's Creed may experience this. It might help to browse the Assassin's Creed Wiki.
- Continuity Nod: Several, to both Future Diary and Assassin's Creed.
- Piero, Yukiteru's uncle, decides to homeschool him for the rest of his middle school years, simply telling Yukiteru that there's a serial killer on the loose who preys on young boys. This presumably refers to Takao Hiyama (aka the 3rd), a known Sadist Teacher with no qualms of attacking and killing even his own students.
- Kurusu worries for his terminally ill son, whose condition he discovered thanks to an anonymous caller (Uryu Minene, the 9th).
- Thanks to Desmond Miles, the Animus became part of the training program undergone by Assassin trainees.
- Lorenzo calls Piero out for Yukiteru's Animus usage, even to the point of namedropping Subject 16 before getting cut off. Given how Subject 16 went insane after being made to spend too much time in the Animus, this isn't a surprise.
- Takao Hiyama hunts Templars while masquerading as a serial killer, in the exact same way and adopting the exact same moniker as the Night Stalker from III's multiplayer.
- Minerva's hidden blades feature both the Phantom Blade as well as the Hidden Gun upgrades.
- Cool Big Sis: Athena and Minerva to Yukiteru.
- Dying Moment of Awesome / Face Death with Dignity: Piero Auditore, who survives multiple gunshots, foils an attempt on Yuno's life with an aerial assassination on her would-be murderer, and then, upon making peace with the idea of his own imminent death, more or less has to command his family to get out of a burning, collapsing stadium and leave him behind.
- Enemy Scan: The Eden's Diary's second form, the Assassin's Diary, functions this way.
- Expy: Piero can be seen as one of both Giovanni and Mario Auditore, right down to his Death by Origin Story.
- Generation Xerox: Possible, given that one of the forms of the titular Eden's Diary which Piero stole for himself is the Random Diary, which was Yukiteru's in the original series.
- Get A Hold Of Yourself Man: Minerva gives Yukiteru a resounding slap for his increasingly wangsty and self-destructive behavior following Piero's death.
- People Puppets: Done to Takao Hiyama, whose body is controlled by a spirit heavily implied to be Juno.
- Personality Powers: As in canon, the manner in which the Future Diaries read the future depends on their owners.
- Power Perversion Potential: Experienced firsthand by Yukiteru by way of Ezio's memories, much to his chagrin.
- Precision F-Strike: Yukiteru's reaction when he realizes just how much The Casanova Ezio actually was - and that, in reliving Ezio's memories, he got to experience it all firsthand.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: Again, the Assassins seem to follow this for the names of their persocoms (Athena and Minerva, Demeter and Ceres).
- Tsubaki's bodyguard shares his name and backstory with the main character of Kamen Rider Agito.
- In the most recent chapter, Piero uses the catchphrase of Lockon Stratos just as he prepares to snipe his target.
- Take That!: Yuno, who in her inner monologue minces no words about her vitriol for a certain polarizing Canadian singer.
- Title Drop: The titular Eden's Diary shows up as Piero's stolen Future Diary, and is unique in that it can function in not one, but two different ways, effectively making it two diaries in one.
- Training from Hell: Yukiteru's regimen can be seen as this. Athena even tells him outright that he isn't even supposed to be using the Animus yet, while Lorenzo lampshades the dangers involved in his tirade against his brother.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Given by Lorenzo to Piero over Yukiteru's training regimen.
- Another one from Athena and Minerva to Yukiteru, whose idea of coping with Piero's death is to 'become' Ezio by way of self-induced Sanity Slippage.
- Yandere: Yuno, unsurprisingly, although to a much lesser extent than in canon. As of now, it remains to be seen whether or not she'll end up as Ax-Crazy as the original.