Fan Fic / Code: Half Demon
Code: Half Demon
is a Code Lyoko
crossover where Kagome is forced to go to Kadic Academy due to her grades and Inuyasha ends up getting tangled up in the mess,
thanks to Kagome's mom. When he discovers the virtual world Lyoko and gets tangled up further, he has to keep it a secret from Kagome. Doesn't sound too hard, right?
Summary from the actual story: Kagome is forced to go to Kadic Academy due to her less than stellar grades. Inuyasha is forced to 'tag along' and also becomes a student. When weird things start happening, Inuyasha is determined to figure out what the heck is going on, even if Kagome doesn't believe him. Some what extreme AU. Possible minor OCness. Teen to be safe. Has many possible Genres.
"Code: Half Demon" provides these examples:
- Adults Are Useless: Once more, the grown ups don't partake in battling XANA.
- Subverted with Inuyasha due to him being over 200 years old but still acts, thinks, and looks like a teenager.
- Affectionate Nickname: The in series nicknames are used.
- Alternate Universe Fic: A bit of this but doesn't stray to far from the Canon of each universe.
- Animal Motifs: Inuyasha looks like a dog boy on Lyoko, mainly due to his former wish of being a full demon.
- At least Odd is not alone looking like an animal on Lyoko.
- Attack Reflector
- ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK!/Leeroy Jenkins:
- Mainly Inuyasha for both tropes considering his nature to get in and smash everything up.
- Odd on the Leeyroy Jenkins part when he does something reckless like playing in a Blok's face.
- Bee Afraid: Forget Naraku's Saimyoushou! XANA's Hornets are Inuyasha's new chew toys to cut up in this story (so far).
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Just like in the Inuyasha Anime/Manga, Kagome and Inuyasha bicker like a married couple from time to time. The Lyoko Warriors unfortunetly witnessed one or two of these violent fights which all ended in "SIT BOY!".
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Say hello to Odd's Song "Break Break Break Dance" in chapter six. A reference to the actual Code: Lyoko episode "Code: Earth" with a similar introduction to it.
Inuyasha: [After the song is stopped.] What the seven hecks was THAT?!
- Blatant Lies: Here and there.
- Bloody Murder: Inuyasha's signature "BLADES OF BLOOD!"
- Brain Bleach: In Chapter 12's blooper section, Jeremie is implied in needing some after seeing the Youtube video that Odd left up on his computer.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Anyone under the control of XANA. Inuyasha ALMOST learned the hard way when it came to identifying them.
- Book Dumb: Inuyasha has no idea what is a computer is in the first chapter and slowly learns what genetics is.
- Brought Down to Normal: Every New Moon for Inuyasha. This gets his cover blown later.
- Calling Your Attacks" From Laser Arrows to Wind Scar be used, the wielders of any attacks is likely to shout them out.
- The Cameo Naraku makes two to three cameos. One in the first chapter on a beach, enjoying his very first vacation. The second time was after the Scyphozoa scanned Inuyasha allowing the Polymorphic Spectre take on a similar form to Naraku, much to Ulrich's confusion.
- Don't forget that [The Big Bang Theory Sheldon Cooper]] made a cameo in the bloopers segment at the end of chapter 12.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Inuyasha may have been a bit jealous when Odd started flirting with Kagome...
- And Odd for a brief time he saw Inuyasha smash a bunch of Hornets to pieces in the real world.
- Cool Sword: Inuyasha's destructive Tessaiga and Ulrich's katana (on Lyoko for the latter).
- Deadpan Snarker: The authoress does her best to make sure the characters deliver a nice plate of this trope when the time is right.
- Deflector Shields: One of Odd's Lyoko Powers, actually his only besides his cat like attributes like speed, Laser Arrows, and climbing.
- Dirty Old Man: Mentioned by Odd after he watched the movie "I Napped with Your Mother".
Odd: Hey, I had no idea that the old man was going to do that to the mom!
- Facial Markings Odd, Aelita, and Inuyasha have these on Lyoko.
- Fish Out of Temporal Water: Inuyasha is from the 500 years in the past, thus is completely confused by modern society's inventions and new terms like 'dating'.
- Flipping the Bird: Exclusive to Inuyasha, mainly due to his foul behavior and (censored) language. Ironically, of all the things that the writer could have put in place for something to make Inuyasha do/say something rude, she choose this offensive digit.
- Forgot About His Powers Inuyasha has forgotten that he could fly on Lyoko a few times.
- Half-Human Hybrid: A dead give away by the title of the fanfic and Inuyasha is one.
- I Have Seen Demons Fight Better Than You!: Inuyasha fired this insult at Kagome when she was possessed by XANA.
- Insistent Terminology: Odd clearly still dislikes being called scrawny and still corrects everyone that he is Svelte.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: This gets lampshaded in this exchange from chapter seven (if you go by labels that the authoress made; if not, it's the chapter directly after the Omake):
Inuyasha: As much as I want to kick that spectre's butt as much as the next guy, we do have to find where it had taken the real Odd. I am the only one capable of tracking him effectively. Besides, after what I saw what these things can do to Kagome, I will not let anyone else experience that.
Ulrich: I didn't know you cared that much. Normally you are muttering a bunch of profanities and insults about pretty much everything.
Inuyasha: Shut up!
Yumi: I guess this jerk has a heart of gold after all.
Inuyasha: I said SHUT UP!
Ulrich: So much for that.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Ulrich wields one.
- Kid-anova: You can CLEARLY guess who fits this trope. It's Odd...
- Mind-Control Eyes If you see the Eye of XANA in anyone's eyes or on something like a screen, run.
- The Nose Knows: Inuyasha was able to track Odd cause he could smell Odd's feet. He commented that he was surprised that the stench didn't knock him out.
- Playing Sick: This is expected since one of the series in the crossover is Code: Lyoko...
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: Comes close to this when Inuyasha unofficially becomes a Lyoko Warrior as a last retort to saving Aelita from the Scyphozoa.
- Running Gag: Plenty from both series.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Done right in the first chapter.
- Shipper on Deck: Odd ships Ulrich/Yumi and Kagome/Inuyasha... Hopefully he doesn't push the latter too much...
- Smelly Feet: The story pokes a bit of fun at the canonical fact that Odd's feet stink by having Inuyasha track Odd that way.
- It becomes a plot device in one chapter that was based on the Code: Lyoko episode "Revelation", much to Inuyasha's anger and disgust. The Polymorphic Clone of Odd stole the Real Odd's shoe and hid it in the forest to throw any keen trackers like Inuyasha off.
- Shout-Out: Played with. Along with the present shout outs in the Code: Lyoko series, there's a few to the Inuyasha series other than being the series that CL is being crossed with. For example: Inuyasha makes a reference to Koga and Naraku sometimes. Naraku is often compared to XANA by Inuyasha himself.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: (Play similar to how it is in the actually Inuyasha series) Aelita directly saw this side of Inuyasha on Lyoko. Jeremie was terrified at the possibilities of losing Aelita if Inuyasha wasn't snapped out of this.
- Tempting Fate: The Lyoko Warriors need to shut up about this, again.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: Played with.
- Trash Talk: Plenty from Inuyasha like the time he said one of the Creepers looked like Koga...
- Unresolved Sexual Tension There is a bit of this right now in the story but it's minor.
- Unusual Ears: Inuyasha of course.
- Wake Up Goto School Save The World
- Why Did it Have to be Megatanks?
- Wrong On So Many Levels / Sick and Wrong: The Dix-Neuf joke in the first Omake. You have to pronounce dix-neuf: dez-nutz to get the joke.
- There are other instances of this trope in the story as well, like Kagome learning that Odd flirts with just about any girl and hopes that this is not what Inuyasha is trying to hid from her.