Creator: Steven Brust
Steven Karl Zoltán Brust is an American Fantasy and Science Fiction author of Hungarian descent, best known for his Dragaera series, including the noirish Vlad Taltos cycle, and the Khaavren romances, a pastiche of Alexandre Dumas. He is a member of The Scribblies, a Minnesota-based writers group that also includes Emma Bull, Will Shetterly, Pamela Dean, and Patricia C. Wrede, some of whom he has collaborated with.In addition to his writing, he was the drummer for the fantasy-oriented funk-rock band Cats Laughing, which also included Emma Bull.
- Cowboy Feng's Space Bar & Grille
- Dragaera series:
- The Vlad Taltos novels (15 so far)
- The Khaavren Romances (three or five novels, depending on how you count)
- Brokedown Palace (a standalone novel, loosely associated with the series)
- Freedom and Necessity (with Emma Bull)
- The Gypsy (with Megan Lindholm, aka Robin Hobb)
- My Own Kind of Freedom (a novel based on the Firefly television series)
- The Sun, the Moon, and the Stars (a modern-day retelling of an old fairy tale)
- To Reign in Hell
Tropes in works without their own page:
- As You Know: Subverted in Cowboy Feng's Space Bar and Grille: "Don't tell me what I already know."
- Earth That Was: In Cowboy Feng's Space Bar and Grille, the staff of the eponymous time- and space-travelling restaurant is trying to find out, among other things, whether or not the Earth is still around and still viable. Nope. It was nuked.
- Inn Between the Worlds: In Cowboy Feng's Space Bar And Grille, the titular eatery jumps from world to world (and time to time) whenever an atomic bomb goes off nearby. And that's been happening a lot lately...