Page-bottom layout change on the way. Details here.
Causes no change to editing/formatting of articles. This is just FYI.
Lani Minella is an American voice actress and talent director who remains prominent to this day, with over 450 roles to her name. From her start in 1968, she's not only become a prominent name in the voice acting industry, but she's also grown successful enough to start her own company, Audio Godz
. She sports a very
wide vocal range (four octaves, almost unlimited accents, and both male and female characters), and states that she's willing to work whatever job she's hired on for, from video games and animation to narration, to even IVR recordings.
Her IMDB profile is here,
and her Voice123 profile is here.
Characters voiced by Lani Minella
- Alien: Resurrection - Ellen L. Ripley
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Girl, Mother, Clarice, Justine
- Astal: All characters.
- Blue Stinger: Janine King
- Borderlands - Steele
- Danganronpa: Sakura Ogami
- Darksiders - Silitha, Tiamat
- Duke Nukem: Land of the Babes - Jane, Additional Voices
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Irileth, various other female dark elves
- Evil Zone - Alty Al Lazel, Midori Himeno, Ihadulca
- Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Micaiah, Rolf, Mia
- Frogger: The Great Quest - Fairy Frog Mother
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - Lucia von Bardas
- Mass Effect 3: Eve
- The Nancy Drew video games - Nancy Drew
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Larry, Morton, Wendy and Lemmy.
- Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PSX) - Maya Amano
- The Professor Layton series: Luke Triton
- S.W.A.T. Global Strike Team - Sniper Lee
- Shadowman - Mama Nettie
- Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Battle, Sonic Heroes - Rouge the Bat, Omochao
- Soul Calibur III and onwards - Ivy
- Star Trek Online - Admiral T'nae and the Federation ship's computer (following Majel Barrett's death)
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Pit, Lucas, Lyn
- Twisted Metal 4 - Zanita Corbett, Neg Jones
- World of Warcraft - Succubus, Banshee
Tropes applying to Lani Minella:
- Cool Old Lady: Reading through or watching interviews online gives one the impression that she can mix her work with a little joking now and then. Even her Voice123 profile states her other skills as 'Writing, Directing, Casting, Producer, Designer, Studio production and sound design, piano, art, horticulture, animal lover and environmentally friendly person with a vast repertoire and pile of jokes.'
- Cross-Dressing Voices: Among others, Wirt.
- Dawson Casting: Given her vocal range, she can play it straight, avert it, subvert it, avert it completely, and exaggerate this trope depending on the role. Listen to the demonstration close to the end of this interview.
- Large Ham: She is perfectly capable of voicing a character that's hungry for some backdrops. Bonus points if they just happen to be well-written on top of that.
- Talking To Herself: Quite a few of her voice acting credits have more than one voice attached to them.
- Vocal Dissonance: Her range makes this a given, but still, considering some of the roles she's done can provoke people to think, "That voice came out of her?" Nancy Drew fans were especially surprised.
- Woman of a Thousand Voices: According to her Voice123 profile, the range of voices she can perform guarantee that she will never, ever get typecast in one particular style. Compare, for example, her voicework for Wirt from Diablo to her voiceovers for Sindel from Mortal Kombat.