Creator: Billie Piper
Born in Swindon in 1982, Billie Paul Piper is the only full time Doctor Who companion to have three UK Number One hits to her name. She is notable for her dyed blonde hair, big black eyebrows and being a Fox. Literally, as she married Laurence Fox in December 2007. With him, she has two sons, Winston James and Eugene Pip.She started out as an actress, but moved into singing, with "Because We Want To" making her (at fifteen) the youngest singer to debut at No. 1. After two more, her star faded somewhat — but in the middle of a lot of chaos, she married British presenter Chris Evans (no, not that Chris Evans). The marriage lasted for years and the two remain good friends.In 2003, she returned to acting, appearing in a modern version of The Miller's Tale (from The Canterbury Tales). In 2004, she was cast in the revived Doctor Who as Rose Tyler, one of the many companions, and the first one when the TV show returned from its hiatus in 2005. She reappeared as Rose after her 2006 departure in the last three episodes of the 2008 season, made a cameo in David Tennant's final episode, and portrayed "The Moment", the sentient interface of the weapon the War Doctor used to (supposedly) destroy Gallifrey in the 50th Anniversary episode, "The Day of the Doctor".After her departure from Who, she's appeared in some other things, most notably as Sally Lockhart in two film adaptations (alongside Matt Smith, which should give rise to some interesting shipping fanvids). That and Secret Diary of a Call Girl (where Matt Smith also showed up... hoo boy). Billie Piper's first non-BBC TV role was as the star of ITV's adaptation of Mansfield Park. She gave a critically-praised performance in Neil La Bute's play Reasons to Be Pretty, and made her debut at the National Theatre in The Effect. She's currently starring in the Showtime Gothic Horror series Penny Dreadful.Billie Piper also appeared on Top Gear as a "star in a reasonably priced car," where she confessed a love of classic cars and then drove round the track in an impressive 1 minute, 48.3 seconds.note
Tropes associated with her:
- Dye Hard
- Everything's Better with Princesses: She was referred to as The Princess of Pop for a time.
- Gender-Blender Name: Not just her forename. Her middle name too, it's Paul.
- Although "Billie" is the female version of "Billy," but it sounds no different.
- I Am Not Spock: Billie Piper says she is often mistaken for Belle du Jour.
- Idol Singer
- Mondegreen: Day & Night is actually "All of the day/All of the night" but gets mistaken for "I love the day/I love the night" quite a bit
- Ms. Fanservice: Ms. Piper is not shy about appearing in (and out of) sexy outfits.
- Old Shame: She's not going to be belting out into "Because We Want To" anytime soon.
- Those Two Actors: With Matt Smith. note