YMMV: Billie Piper
- Awesome Music: "Day & Night".
- Ear Worm: "Why you gotta play that song so loud? Because we want to! Because we want to!"
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Go back and watch her video for "Because We Want To." See if you can watch the beginning (when she gets beamed down from a giant spaceship) and not make a Doctor Who reference. There's even a very Judoon-like anthropomorphic rhino in the video.
- She Really Can Act: The announcement that she would be cast as the first regular companion in the revived Doctor Who aroused some hostility from fans, with a vocal faction convinced that she was a non-acting celebrity who would be unable to keep up with Christopher Eccleston and would prevent the show from being taken seriously. By the time she left the series, even fans who didn't like Rose as a character rarely disputed her acting ability.
- Trans Atlantic Equivalent: Ever since Doctor Who and Secret Diary started to pick up steam in terms of popularity in the U.S., more than a few American papers have described her as a British version of Britney Spears. However, since she's had more success as an actress than as a singer, Mandy Moore might be a better comparison (and even then, Moore's acting career hasn't eclipsed her singing career to the extent as Piper's).
- Yoko Oh No: When she was dating Ritchie Neville from the band Five. Luckily this is no longer the case, as she is considerably more famous than Ritchie Neville ever was.