Characters: We Are Our Avatars Five
The character sheet for We Are Our Avatars. Please note that this only contains the characters who've shown up frequently since the 'move', so it may lack some of the earlier characters.UNMARKED SPOILERS AHOY!
open/close all folders
"Don't look down on me like that, Joshua. I can handle myself." "You BASTARD!"
A 'desdroid' from a world where large megacorporations (used to) create sentient machines and then make them do things against their will, Dee (and her sisters) were freed by the group and then tagged along. She has a tremendous hatred of anyone or anything that would take away people's freewill, and for this reason has been in the thick of things numerous times.She used to be (almost) defenceless, but before the battle against the Durandel, she was upgraded by Franky with numerous weapons.During the Father arc, stress finally got to her, and she went insane and developed two split personalities: a Blood Knight named Dee2, and a more rational character named 3Dee (although she didn't create 3Dee herself). She regained he sanity after a chat with Link, and Yukari later merged Dee2 back into her while giving 3Dee a body of her own.During the Pikadevil's Hell arc, she and 3Dee developed the potential to use magic, thanks to Yukari, and they are currently studying to develop these powers.
- All-Loving Hero - She is kind to nearly everyone.
- Catch Phrase: "Freedom is life!"
- Extreme Omnivore
- Improbable Weapon User - A stylus.
- The Matchmaker - She has tried (and succeeded) to get Jennifer and Joshua closer together, as well as Bit and Link.
- Playing with Fire
- Ridiculously Human Robot
- Sizeshifter - Minus gave her the ability to change her size at will.
- The Woobie
Originally created as a split personality of Dee to help her when she was going insane (though Dee herself hasn't created her), 3Dee was later given a body of her own by Yukari. She initially had some angst about not being a "real" person, but grew out of it after some encouragement from the group. Her body is mostly a copy of Dee's, and as such she has all of the same abilities as her.During the Pikadevil's Hell arc, she and Dee gained the potential to use magic, which they are currently studying to develop.
- Light 'em Up
- Plot-Relevant Age-Up - After the XYZ cyberspace arc, she got her body aged up.
- Ridiculously Human Robot
Minus is a young reality warper. She's eager to help people and has a love of sweet food and puppies. She was drugged and tricked by an evil vampire, Liselle, into becoming a vampire and mode locking herself into that form. She joined the Outcasts, and was heartbroken at Flandre's death.
Coyote is the Trickster God from Gunnerkrigg Court. One day, he got bored and decided to pester our heroes. After a while, he decided to invite the group to Gilltie Wood, but when Chen showed up uninvited, he ended up kicking everyone out. Since then, he has sporadically shown up, mainly to talk to about himself. According to Coyote, he is wise, handsome, powerful, clever, and amazing. According to everyone else, he is easily distracted, self centered, and probably not very good at poker.
Katsuun / Kit Katsuun
- Nice Girl: She has no outstanding psychological problems and minus the occasional incidence of sarcasm she's as kindly and caring as one could hope for a friend to be.
- Yuri Fan: She has a whole notebook of highly explicit lesbian sketches (or had, current owner being Dreigonix's Flanbot), though her actual sexuality has yet to be made clear, except for the occasional hints of some form of sexual relationship with Renko.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Averted, she has no cooking ability at all and chooses to ask others for aid in that regard, like Aquatica1000's Daniel.
- Superpowered Alter Ego: Her 'witch self', one of the forms she dreams of, is Touhou's Yukari Yakumo. Definitely a strong woman to have as another self.
- Actual Pacifist: According to her own testimony, she has never even thrown a punch in self defense, though it remains to be seen if she'll become a Technical Pacifist when genuinely threatened.
- Leet Lingo: She'll pepper her sentences with 'OMG' and 'LOL' in especially odd moments.
- Dream Within a Dream: Capable of falling asleep as one of her dream forms and promptly becoming a different dream form. It's implied the chain isn't necessarily complete two ways, and that she can wake up as her real self from any of her sleeping dream selves.
- Foregone Conclusion: Yukari has confirmed that Maribel grows up to become The Boundary Witch, and who better to know who you'll grow up to be than your future self?
- "... In my defense... Okay, no way of defending myself without sounding like an idiot."
- Hyper Competent Sidekick: When Maribel is having an issue and can't resolve it with her own brainpower, Renko almost always has the answer on hand.
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: Compared to Maribel's far more impressive boundary powers (and with knowledge of how greatly they'll develop) Renko seems to have gotten the short end of the stick with her 'location finding' abilities.
- Deadpan Snarker: To a far greater extent than Maribel, she never misses the opportunity to take a shot at the others even when being otherwise polite and amicable.
Yukari Yakumo, The Boundary Witch
- "I come bearing lecherous content for you from my past self. Or something contrived like that, I'm not quite sure myself."
- Reality Warper: She shows far more latent power than Flanbot, and single-handedly defeated an entire rogue organization without even taking a step.
- Dissonant Serenity: No matter what she's saying she speaks in the same quiet and subdued voice.
- Deadpan Snarker: Given the perpetually dull tone of her voice especially, the remarks she throws against others will definitely come off as this.
- Heavy Sleeper: She notes that she spends a lot of her free time sleeping, in her words because she's old and doesn't like being active all that much.
- Sink the Lifeboats: In one incident of her crushing a group of enemies alone, with nobody else around to give input, she slew everybody but one who she took prisoner to give her what she needed, then coldly executed that person after she had what she came for. In her own words, she does not like 'loose ends'.
- Benevolent Mage Ruler: On the other hand, despite the ruthlessness displayed above she took good care of the prisoners of said enemies, rules a stable (if not peaceful) world, and is at least neutral to those who do not make foes of her. To what extent she is this or a Well-Intentioned Extremist is debatable.
- "I do have a young girl who likes resting in my tails. But she's usually the only one I allow to do that."
- Weak, but Skilled: In comparison to her master, she doesn't have nearly as much raw power or such a broad array of uses for said power, but she is capable of high level spells that Yukari never bothered learning such as divination and the like.
- Team Mom: For the servants under her, a behavior that bleeds into her interaction with others.
- Hates Being Touched: A very mild version, she's uncomfortable with physical affection from all but her own personal shikigami Chen.
- "He is dead and Cerebus is alive, that's all that really matters..."
- The Alcoholic: To put that into perspective he can drink whole BUCKETS of scotch.
- Badass Normal: He is tougher than most, but other than his fighting prowess he has no special abilities..unless you count his Weirdness Magnet.
- Berserk Button: Never threaten to hurt Jaka.
- Child Hater: He's not very fond of children, and it seems that the feeling is mutual.
- Genius Bruiser: Don't let his manner of speaking and his violent nature fool you, he's very capable of being cunning.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: He's three and a half feet tall, and he can easily put you in the hospital.
- Retired Monster: He tries to paint himself this way, but it's arguable whether he is one or not.
- Third-Person Person
- Weirdness Magnet: Aardvarks from his world have a "magnifier" ability, which causes this trope.
Lord Julius Tavers
- "Specifically, I can't figure out why they're (interest rates) at eighteen and a quarter percent when the number I pulled out of the hat was seventeen and a half. As I think about it, here before you, my suspicions are aroused. And believe me, as I look at all of you, that's the only thing that's aroused."
- The Danza: Julius was Groucho's actual first name.
- Deadpan Snarker: He's Groucho Marx.
- First Name Basis: No one ever refers to him by his last name.
- Non-Action Guy: He tends to avoid direct conflict whenever he can, after all he's a politician, not a warrior.
- Obfuscating Insanity: This is Julius's main tactic. He often has multiple plans running at once and goes to great lengths to make everything he says and does entirely incomprehensible so nobody knows whether they're doing what he wants or not.
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: The governing system of Palnu in a nutshell.
- Plucky Comic Relief: For the most part.
- "The moon once tried to kill me...in meele....kinda...not...DAMN! "
A Demon from the world of Asura Cryin'. Her main motivation is to find and see things she thinks are interesting, this may range from a tourist trap to the beginning of the universe. Sometimes she puts this passion of hers in front of the well being of herself and others. Has ice powers and wields an ice Naginata.
A Na´ve Newcomer to reality, she may or may not be the god of lost things. She's sort of figuring this out as she goes.