Characters / The Magic of Torchwood
Captain Jack HarknessThe Hero
and Team Dad
to Team Torchwood. Immortal, ruthless and perennially worried that one day, he'll snap.
- Badass Gay: One of the most dangerous characters in the cast, adept at unusual methods of combat - up to and including using a mirror to deflect spells, dogfighting and ''fighting Voldemort with a lightsaber. He's also able to cast the Killing Curse.
- Berserk Button: Harming Ianto seems to be one. The thought of Umbridge forcing Ianto to use a blood quill infuriates him.
- Bi the Way: And informed Extreme Omnisexual
- Crazy Awesome: See the point about fighting Voldemort with a lightsaber.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Oh so much.
- Gwen aside, this applies to all Team Torchwood.
- Manipulative Bastard: Only outshone by Ianto in this regard.
- The Matchmaker: cuts off Ginny's Operation: Jealousy and bluntly tells her that Harry likes her as much as she likes him and that she should ask him out.
- Papa Wolf: To his team and to Harry. The latter ultimately backfires when his unwillingness to let Harry be killed to destroy the last Horcrux results in an epic scale Bad Future.
- Really 700 Years Old: Even more so, seeing as he's been de-aged.
- Super Reflexes: He's able to repeatedly catch and reflect spells with a hand mirror.
- Super Soldier: His 51st century biology and the healing abilities granted by his immortality makes him a low level version of this compared to 20th/21st century humans.
- Team Dad: See Papa Wolf.
Owen 'Bloody' Harper
Torchwood's team doctor and expert in bio-sciences. A Jerk with a Heart of Gold
, even if that heart of gold is very deeply buried.
Jack's boyfriend of sorts, coffee maker extraordinaire and far more dangerous than his mild exterior would have you believe.
Harry PotterThe Hero
, though technically a Hero of Another Story
at first, since he and Team Torchwood have only incidental contact up until his 4th year and their 2nd. At first suspicious of them, though more open minded than Ron, he eventually comes to trust Jack implicitly, seeing him as a Big Brother Mentor
, and being guided by him into becoming a little less rigid about who he classes as friend and enemy. Ultimately names his son after Jack.
Captain John Hart
Jack's old Time Agency partner, amoral in the extreme and exceptionally dangerous. Eventually becomes a 'mother' via Ianto.
Oh, and he's a wizard.
- Badass Gay: Omnisexual, to be exact, a deadly fighter even without his magic, and an extraordinarily powerful wizard. As in, capable of standing up to Voldemort for a period and being mistaken for Godric Gryffindor levels of powerful - though part of that is because he knows magic as yet undiscovered and though it appears that he's capable of wandless magic, his wand is, in fact, technically set into the bones of his arm.
- Bad Guys Do the Dirty Work: He's a lot more ruthless even than Jack, and it comes in useful.
- Blue and Orange Morality: He's not evil, as such, but a lot of the time he simply doesn't get 21st century morals.
- Everyone Has Standards: Even he finds Voldemort repulsive.
- He's also disturbed that Jack is able to cast the Killing Curse, noting that even he isn't that far gone.
- Extreme Omnisexual: Poodles, of course. And the centaurs.
- Flying Firepower: He's got magic and Super Smoke, the latter owing to the fact that he's part Dementor. Yes, part Dementor.
- Karma Houdini: He's done a lot of pretty terrible things, but he gets away with it.
- Noble Demon: He'll throw in with the good guys in order to protect the timeline, or to fight someone worse than he is.
- Super Power Lottery: He won, big time, with magic that makes him capable of playing Flying Firepower, the Super Reflexes that come part and parcel with being from the 51st century.
- Super Smoke: He can transform into smoke at will.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Most of his friendships, such as they are, can be described as such.
- With Salazar Slytherin, of all people.