open/close all folders
30 years after the original series, Jibanyan returns with a brand new look. Now partnered with Nate's daughter Natsume, they work together to battle mischievous Yo-Kai.
- Amnesiac Hero: Has no memories of the past.
- Though episode 11 makes it appear that he regained at least part of his memory sometime before episode 3.
- Art Evolution: Jibanyan's appearance changes from his original one especially in his Shadowside form.
- Badass Baritone: Jibanyan's voice sounds incredibly deep compared to how he sounded in the original series.
- Kid Hero All Grown-Up: Jibanyan is no longer the cute little kitten he used to be.
- Ineffectual Loner: Starts out as this, initially refusing to join Natsume in the movie.
- Took a Level in Badass: Jibanyan has drastically gained more power than he did in the original series. Especially in his Shadowside form he can practically defeat almost any Yo-Kai he encounters.
- The Ace: Except for one battle Jibanyan has defeated all of the yokai he encounters.
30 years later. Whisper returns with a brand new look. Like Natsume's father Nate, he becomes her butler. As always he'll try his best to provide info about Yo-Kai.
- Adaptational Intelligence: Whisper is considerably more competent than he was in the original series. He teaches Natsume about the new Yo-Kai watch and is well versed in the concept of Lightside and Shadowside forms.
- Older than You Think: More competent like that, Whisper is now closer to his original portrayal in the very first game.
- Beware the Silly Ones: While still a Butt-Monkey, episode 8 shows that if people aren't willing to cooperate, he allows them to see him so he can scare an answer out of them.
- Butt-Monkey: Like in the orignal series, Whisper is prone to this.
- Sudden Anatomy: Whisper used to just be a wisp-like ghost. Now he has ears and fingers.
- Those Two Guys: With Micchy.
- You Don't Look Like You: Out of all the reccuring Yo-kai, Whisper probably looks the least like how he used to.
- Though him having hair and wearing clothes makes him resemble Nonuttin.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Or purple, in this case.
A dog that belonged to Akinori's family was crushed under a Komainu statue and died, turning into this Yo-kai.
- Anthropomorphic Shift: Inverted. In the original series he's a bipedal Komainu who looks more cartoony than realistic and resembles a Cute Kitten more than the actual animal, but here he's quadrupedal and looks more realistic.
- Cartoon Creature: Subverted. He looks like a dog now, unlike in his original design.
- Continuity Snarl: His backstory doesn't match the original Komasan's in the slightest, raising the question of whether Shadowside is an Alternate Continuity and/or this Komasan is a different person that the one we know.
- Eyes Always Shut: In his Lightside form, at least. For his Shadowside it's...
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Or red pupils, in this case.
- Took a Level in Badass: In the original series, Komasan was a wimp who got lucky in the only fight he was ever in, now he comes in second to Jibanyan in badassery
Formely a terrifying Boss Yo-kai, Slimamander has come to admire humanoid Yo-kai, and wants to be a heroic knight, too. One of Natsume's Yo-kai Partners.
- Always Save the Girl: He considers Natsume the Damsel in Distress he has to save.
- Butt-Monkey: Like Whisper, he's prone to this.
- Knight in Shining Armor: What he thinks he is.
- Miles Gloriosus: What he actually is.
- Those Two Guys: With Whisper.
- Unwanted Assistance: He will show up to fights without Natsume's permission.
A small Yo-kai, both ghost-like and cat-like, who is said to have a deep connection to a certain Yo-kai.
- Bratty Half-Pint
- Brutal Honesty: He doesn't hold back telling people what he thinks of them. His first comment on Akinori is that he should lose weight. He also tells Keisuke his comedy sucks and that he should give up in episode 6.
- Children Are Innocent: Snarky tendecies aside, Junior is this.
- Human Disguise: Redhead.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: He's even voiced by Etsuko Kozakura, like classic Jibanyan.
- Tag Along Kid
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Can transform into balloon-like copies of beings and objects he sees.