Characters: How To Hire A Ninja Maid
These are tropes that apply to the characters in How To Hire A Ninja Maid.
Kotone Akiko SonozakiMokuba's new bodyguard, Sonozaki may or may not be a magical ninja. With heavier emphasis on the former. She also seems to have about as much personality as a brick.
- Action Girl
- Combat Pragmatist: She does not believe in giving enemies a second chance to cause her problems. If she spots a threat, she'll deal with it as quickly and efficiently as possible. This means she's the only character in-universe who has never dueled anyone. As Amelda finds out the hardest way possible.
- Creepy Monotone
- Defrosting Ice Queen
- Emotionless Girl: Comes off as really creepy to most people.
- Expy: Of KOS-MOS. Or possibly an older version of Rei Ayanami.
- Extreme Doormat
- Disability Immunity: With a chunk of her soul missing, she's immune to most types of magic that target a whole one.
- First Time Feeling: Unsurprisingly, it's protective rage.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: She does have feelings, but only after her soul is repaired. Before then, she struggles with managing them all that well.
- I'm Having Soul Pains
- Important Haircut: Subverted. She doesn't care.
- Mook-Face Turn: Within the context of the story, she originally worked for Hale, who is the one doctored her official records in the first place. Upon regaining a chunk of her soul, the first thing she does is disengage the limiters on her protective instincts and tell Hale to go to hell.
- Mysterious Past
- Ninja Maid: Duh.
- Promotion to Parent: To take care of Setsuna.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Sacrificed Basic Skill for Awesome Training: In her case, social skill for combat skill. And a decent chunk of her soul.
- She's Got Legs
- Stepford Smiler: Someone pulled out all the emotional fiber that's supposed to compose a person. Other than self-preservation and sound tactical planning, she is functionally a puppet during the first six months after the Kaibas hire her.
- The Stoic
- Training from Hell: Courtesy of her father.
- Uncanny Valley Girl
Setsuna Houjou-SonozakiSonozaki's younger sister, Setsuna is the simultaneously crazier and saner of the two. She also happens to be equal parts Mad Scientist and Yaoi Fangirl.
- Big Sister Worship: Slightly faulty—she doesn't actually know Akiko that well, but she's trying to make the best of what's a bad situation all around. Later, Akiko actually grows into the role.
- Bratty Half-Pint: She can come off as this sometimes, but is actually rather nice when she likes someone.
- Hair Decorations: A little X-shaped hairclip, which replaces the one that exploded after the duel with Pandora.
- Expy: Of Yukari Sendou and/or Kokoa Shuzen.
- Gadgeteer Genius
- Little Girls Kick Shins: As a number of people find out the hard way.
- Little Miss Snarker: She can be startlingly cynical at times, despite being thirteen and not particularly worldly. She also seems to be, despite also being a relatively accomplished duelist, the only one who finds the sheer obsession with card games in-universe to be utterly insane.
- Mouthy Kid: She just doesn't know when to shut up.
- I Shall Taunt You: Which has occasional benefits.
- Nice Hat: Purple with as many pins as she can put on it.
- Plucky Girl: No one else her age should be able to stare down Yami Malik without blinking. Or kick two of his servants just because they were bugging her. Or recover from the fact that her family threw her out with a startling lack of bitterness.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: One of the few things she shares with her sister. It's a signature of the clan she's from.
- Tsundere: Type A.
- Yaoi Fangirl
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Actually, her hair is green.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.