open/close all folders
Liberation Front characters
The Liberation Front in general
- La Résistance: They are the remains of the world's governments and armed forces that didn't bow down to the Order of Nations.
- Mighty Glacier and Lightning Bruiser
- Knight in Shining Armor: Usually.
- Knight Templar: There are times they went too far.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming
- Tank Goodness
The Right Honorable Mary Dickinson
Born to a working class family, Mary Dickinson attended law school, entered politics, and quickly rose to the position of Lord Chancellor.
In the aftermath of the U.N.s invasion of Great Britain, Dickinson, facing a death sentence for refusing to pledge loyalty to the Order, fled, ultimately meeting General Chase and founding the Liberation Front. Dickinson’s goal: overthrow the Order and reconstitute the world’s pre-Crisis governments.
- Big Good: For the Liberation Front.
- Expy: Of Margaret Thatcher, especially where her backstory is concerned.
- Iron Lady
- Rebel Leader
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Alec Chase's red.
- You Shall Not Pass
General Alec Chase
An Army Ranger, Alec Chase consistently distinguished himself with his valor and tactical planning. When the United States became part of the Order, Chase went AWOL. On the run, he eventually met Mary Dickinson, and together they built the inner workings of the Liberation Front. General Chase oversees the Liberation Front’s military.
- Four-Star Badass
- Gratuitous French: Every time Resource Hog is won by the Liberation Front, he congratulates the player by saying "très bien", which means "very well" in French.
- Mission Control
- Number Two: To Mary Dickinson.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Mary Dickinson's blue.
Real Name: Renee Signoret
Renee may be the youngest “enlisted” soldier in the Liberation Front army. Responsible for at least 17 different fires, she was arrested for arson in France. Given the option to join the Liberation Front forces or go to jail, she chose the former.
Her colleagues often remark that “fire seems to obey her commands.” While she resents all authority figures and prefers to work alone, Fire Nymph has even less love for the Order of Nations. She’s slowly learning that, to defeat them, she must follow orders and work closely with her peers.
- Ace Custom: Drives a heavily modified Vulcan tank.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French: Being French.
- Fiery Redhead: Complementing her affinity for fire.
- Playing with Fire
- Weaponized Exhaust: One of her abilities makes her tank (and all other units in the same company) go faster while leaving behind a trail of fire that damages enemy units.
Real Name: Raul Lago
Raul was once a simple farmer living outside of Salvador with his family. Suspected by the Order of Nations to be providing provisions to the Shadow Revolution, Raul’s farm and neighboring city were razed to the ground with a horrifying orbital bombardment. Raul was the only survivor.
After the massacre, Raul enlisted into the Liberation Front and took up the name “Hellbent”. Seeing his survival in the wake of his family’s deaths as a curse, Hellbent feels attuned to the afterlife and stalks his enemy as a self-imposed shamanic loner. Hellbent will pursue any opportunity to hunt the men responsible for his family’s death.
- Ace Custom: Drives a heavily modified Ares tank.
- Badass Native: Occasionally talks about spirits and ancestors when you select him.
- Covered with Scars: As a reminder of the battles he has participated in.
- Farm Boy: Before the massacre.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: A heroic example.
- Mighty Glacier: His modified Ares tank allows him to dish out damage while taking lots of it.
- Stone Wall: Can deploy a sandbag barricade around himself. This renders him immobile but greatly increases his range, damage resistance, and allows him to use special shells that explode on impact, dealing some area of effect damage
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge/You Killed My Family: Against not only the Order of Nations but also the Shadow Revolution for not stepping in to help prevent the destruction of his hometown.
- Sole Survivor: Of the Brazilian massacre by the Order of Nations.
- Tank Goodness: See Ace Custom above.
- What a Piece of Junk: To say that Hellbent's tank is in bad shape is something of an understatement; the entire left side of the turret has apparently been blown out by a shot that came in through the right. He did not bother to repair nor replace it, as he claims the damage is used "as a reminder for the hundreds of battles that he has participated in", in addition to his bodily scars.
Real Name: Judge Raymond Walker
Nationality: American (Texan)
As a Dallas judge, Raymond Walker had an idealized view of the law. As lawlessness and rioting erupted Walker refused to stand with the Order of Nations and upheld the peace, barricading his courthouse and distributing food to the remaining law-abiding citizens.
Walker watched helplessly as marauders attacked his courthouse, burning it to the ground with 200 innocent civilians inside. Soon after, Walker joined the Liberation Front, using his strong ethics and adherence to military structure to bring law to the lawless and protect the innocent.
- Ace Custom: Drives a heavily modified Archimedes vehicle that looks more like a station wagon than the usual armoured pick-up truck.
- Badass Mustache: With SIDEBURNS!
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Wears body armor over a waistcoat, shirt and tie, with fatigues as pants.
- EMP: Has this as an ability.
- Everything Is Big in Texas
- The Judge: It's his title, for crying out loud!
- Macross Missile Massacre: His vehicle being based on the Archimedes.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: The Order of Nations sicced a bunch of bandits on his courthouse because he provided help to those that the Order refused to aid. The Liberation Front showed up in time to save him, but not the 200 souls inside his courthouse (which was set on fire by aforesaid bandits).
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Gathered the surviving residents of his town into the courthouse, where he provided them food, shelter, and protection. He also maintained law and order among the residents by personally mediating any disputes that broke out, as well as ensuring that anyone accused of committing an offence would receive a fair trial and just punishment.
Shadow Revolution characters
The Shadow Revolution in general
- Spikes of Villainy: While apparently less evil than the Order of Nations, many of their units have impressive spikes on them.
Trapped in Romania as the U.N. transformed into the Order of Nations, Robert watched as his family was tortured and slaughtered. Robert swore he’d exact revenge on the killers, and years later reached out to sympathizers within the Order who were friends with his father. Poole and his followers in the Shadow Revolution aim to replace the Order with their own interpretation of what its founder originally envisioned.
- Big Good: For the Shadow Revolution.
- Heel–Face Turn: He and his father used to be ON officials.
- My God, What Have I Done?: As Order of Nations officials, he and his father questioned the necessity of violent oppression; the latter got executed for it.
- Rebel Leader
- You Killed My Father
- Your Terrorists Are Our Freedom Fighters
Monkh Erdene was one of the Order’s top assassins, part of a group called the Black Ghosts. Wrongly accused of being a double agent and sentenced to death, Erdene killed her captors and escaped. She soon found Robert Poole and joined his efforts to combat the Order.
- The Baroness
- Gratuitous French: Every time Resource Hog is won by the Shadow Revolution, she congratulates the player by saying "bien fait", which means "well done" in French.
- General Ripper: Sometimes.
- Iron Lady
- Mission Control
- Number Two: To Robert Poole.
Real Name: Professor Yusaf Khan
Yusaf Khan grew up in Pakistan, where he was a university professor in theoretical physics specializing in spatial phenomena and sub-molecular manipulation. Chosen by the Order of Nations to be their chief engineer in Russia, Khan welcomed the Order’s view on worldwide relief efforts, believing they would bring stability and peace.
After learning he was being used to commit horrible acts against humanity, Khan stole copies of his work, destroyed his lab, and joined the Shadow Revolution. With intimate knowledge of the Order’s technologies, Khan has proven a valuable tactical analyst on the battlefield.
- Ace Custom: Drives a heavily-modified Defiant Tank outfitted with his AM technology.
- Badass Beard
- Bollywood Nerd: He's actually Pakistani, but close enough.
- Defector from Decadence
- Disintegrator Ray: Has an ability that allows him to fire a special AM round that hits all targets in a radius. He also has a passive ability that lets each of his shots deal corrosive damage over time.
- Goggles Do Nothing
- Invisibility Cloak: Has a toggleable special ability that lets him "Phase Out", granting him advanced stealth but also taking more damage from all sources.
- Mad Scientist: "I'm not insane, my mother had me tested."
- Although he is still quite sane enough to realize the Order of Nation's actions against humanity and defect to the Shadow Revolution.
- My God, What Have I Done?: After realizing that his work is being used by the Order of Nations to commit atrocities against humanity, he took copies of his work, destroyed his lab, and joined the Shadow Revolution.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: After realizing that what he heard about the Order is nothing but propaganda, he blew up the facility he used to work in.
- "This better not be another drill..."
Real Name: Unknown
Sidewinder’s life before the Great Crisis, even her true name, is a mystery. It’s rumored that she was involved in an experimental training program to become one of the Order’s elite guards. If true, no one knows why or how she turned up fighting for the Shadow Revolution. Some stories place her in an Order camp in Magadan, where she supposedly escaped by hiding in a truck filled with corpses. Wherever she comes from, she has racked up more kills than any other Shadow Revolution pilot.
- Ace Custom: Pilots a modified Vulture helicopter.
- Ace Pilot: She has racked-up more kills than any other Shadow Revolution pilot.
- Badass Cape
- The Baroness: Evident from her cold demeanor and her remorselessness for killing people.
- Cool Helmet
- Cool Shades
- Femme Fatale: No one, not even the Shadow Revolution, knows her true motives.
- Gatling Good: Her Vulture has twin-gatling guns that can cause a lot of damage to both ground and aerial targets.
- High-Speed Missile Dodge: Her "Escape Roll" ability allows her to evade incoming attacks and prevent enemies from targeting her for a short time.
- Improbable Piloting Skills: Doing a barrel roll with a helicopter?
- Macross Missile Massacre: Has two abilities that invoke this:
- Penetrating Rockets: Fires a volley of rockets at ground targets.
- Star Streak Barrage: Fires a volley of antiair missiles at aerial targets.
- Mysterious Past: No one knows her life before joining the Shadow Revolution.
- In the Hood
- Only Known by Their Nickname
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
Real Name: Breanna Malfini
Breanna Malfini was a track and field Olympic hopeful in her native Bahamas. When Breanna’s mentor came under suspicion of being a coalition spy, Order assassins bombed the training facility. The attack left her mentor dead and Breanna crippled for life, her legs destroyed.
Not one to give up, Breanna joined the Shadow Revolution, gravitating toward the mobile suited infantry specializing in maneuverability and speed. She helped to develop and modify a Pathfinder battle suit to regain the use of her legs, and now leads one of the fastest companies in the Shadow Revolution’s army.
- Career-Ending Injury: From athletic sports after her training facility is bombed by the Order of Nations.
- Determinator: After getting crippled in an Order of Nations attack that killed her mentor, losing her dream to become an olympic runner, she joins the Shadow Revolution and with their help develops the technology needed to recover her legs mobility. She now commands SR infantry divisions against the Order of Nations as one of the fastest units in the game.
- Fragile Speedster: Being an infantry hero, she is less resilient than other heroes, but can move quickly around the battlefield and inspire other infantry to move faster.
- Hollywood Cyborg: She has neural implants on her column that help her move her lower body. Together with her athletic body and training and her powered armor, she can reach extreme speeds.
- Powered Armor: Her suit is completely enclosed unlike the Pathfinder units she is based on.
Order of Nations characters
The Order of Nations in general
- Ancient Conspiracy
- All Your Base Are Belong to Us
- A Nazi by Any Other Name
- Big Bad
- He Who Fights Monsters: Seemingly becoming the very thing that it was trying to prevent in the first place.
- One World Order
- United Nations Is a Superpower
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: At first anyway.
Nationality: FrenchThe apparent founder of the Order of Nations.
- The Chessmaster
- La Résistance: Formerly, in World War II.
- Manipulative Bastard
- Posthumous Character
- Well-Intentioned Extremist
- You Have Failed Me: Sees this on the United Nations.
- Your Terrorists Are Our Freedom Fighters
General Sevastian Korvus
Nationality: Unknown. Possibly Russian.Current leader of the Order of Nations.
- Ax-Crazy: This guy split Seoul, South Korea into two parts separated by a large crevice via Kill Sat, just because he apparently could.
- Big Bad
- Boss Banter/You Rebel Scum!: Constantly calls you out on your rebellion against the Order of Nations.
- Disc One Final Boss: He is supposedly the leader of the entire Order of Nations (or at least their military). By the time the events of the game takes place, you face and even end up killing him during a scenario that used to be the game's tutorial mission.
- He Who Must Not Be Seen: You never get to see his face.
- Never Found the Body: Declared dead after the cannon turret he was supposedly operating collapsed into pieces.
- Large Ham: His taunts during the Assault on Widow's Wall are definitely this.General Korvus: "COME! THROW DOWN YOUR WEAPONS, AND JOIN US!"
President Deimos Medici
Nationality: Unknown. Possibly Italian.A significant figure of authority within the Order of Nations. Whether or not his title means that he's in a charge of a country or some other organization is unknown at the moment.
- President Evil: If his presidency is of the head of a state variety, he's probably this by the virtue of working for the Order of Nations.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: His first name, Deimos, is named after the Greek God of Dread.
Nationality: UnknownAnother high-ranking officer in the ranks of the Order. Notably the equivalent of Olympic Games in Order-ruled world are apparently named after him, called Draxis World Games.
Real Name: Veronica Ramsaur
- Macross Missile Massacre: She can use the ability "Missile Storm" to unleash a barrage of missiles at air targets.
- Nice Hat
- Putting on the Reich
- Tank Goodness: Commands a Tank called the Charlemagne, which bears a resemblance to the Apocalypse Tank from Red Alert 2.
- You Killed My Father: Her motive for fighting against the ON, specifically Deimos Medici.
Real Name: Adrien LaPointe
- Canada, Eh?: French Canadian, eh?
- Death from Above: If you're fighting an enemy who has him, don't stand around in one place for too long, lest you'll be bombarded.
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French/Gratuitous French: Speaks a few Canadian-accented French when you select him.
- Nice Hat
- Rebel Leader: Leads the Liberté Brigade.
Real Name: Johan Brink
Nationality: South African Dutch
As a certified audiophile, Johan Brink has always been interested in audio engineering. By the time he was sixteen he had developed a new type of audio speaker that was smaller than a baseball. At twenty-two he had formed his own company in Cape Town and begun a burgeoning empire in home audio equipment. Brink Audio went on to become a household brand in most of Europe and Asia with Johan continually developing breakthrough products.
Eventually, Johan built an impressive recording studio, furnished with his equipment and state of the art musical instruments. He invited recording artists from around the world to work at his studio for free and enjoyed rubbing elbows with pop stars, opera singers and other celebrities.
But when the stock markets around the world plummeted, his friends no longer had money to throw around. Johan found himself alone in his recording studio, isolated and miserable. He had an epiphany. It occurred to him he had spent so much time within the bubble of celebrity life that he had lost touch with the rest of the world. The entire world suffered now and he could no longer stomach the idea of not helping out in some way.
With many ties to the ADS (an arms maker with its home operation in South Africa), Johan used both his connections and his money to convince the ADS to make him a unique vehicle. After outfitting it with several one-of-a-kind sonic-based weapons, Johan offered his services to any army that fought against the Order of Nations. At present, Johan brings his leadership and weaponry to bear wherever requested by the forces of "good."
- Badass Bookworm: Being both an engineer and an inventor helps against fighting the ON.
- Cool Shades
- Corporate Sponsored Hero: His vest is padded with logos of recording studios.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: His unique vehicle is outfitted with sonic blasters.
- Mighty Glacier/Stone Wall: His vehicle has a large HP pool, but is quite slow moving and deals only a moderate amount of damage.
- Musical Assassin: Especially considering his past as a musician and manufacturer of musical instruments and sound systems. He continues to do the same, except using the similar tools to destroy the Order of Nations, using the power of sound.
- Nice Hat: With the South African flag on it!
- Riches to Rags: After the stock market crash and the rise of the Order of Nations
- Self-Made Man: Before the economic crisis, he was a very rich man who had an empire of recording studios.
- Tank Goodness