Blog / Sevenshot Kid
Eric is a teenager that started a blog a while ago in which he reviewed comic books. It wasn't popular at all so he gave up on it very quickly. But in April, 2011 he found something in a local park. You see, Eric had a friend named Marc(us) that moved away a couple months ago in August, 2010 without any hint that he was leaving. Marc had been working on a blog for a blog/documentary contest about himself and the town he lived in. As it turns out, what Eric found at the park was a hidden collection of discs containing the entries for Marc's unpublished blog. Eric hasn't had any contact with Marc since he moved away and he hasn't been able to find him online.
Now he has an idea. Eric has re-purposed his blog as a means to reach out to his old friend. He's even using his Youtube
account to post the videos Marc made in the hope that they find their way back to him.
So Eric has been posting the videos for a bit but he's noticed something odd. Like a certain well dressed gentleman
in the background of the videos. Now Eric isn't actually too sure about what was going on with his friend during his last days in town so he starts blogging about it and trying to find out what really happened.
The blog starts here
. The Youtube channel is right here
. And there is also a Twitter account
It may be of note that this project places just as much importance on the blog side of things as it does on the videos. Since there are two protagonists
the story seems to be divvied up between the two according to the medium. Whereas Marc has the most importance in the videos, Eric has (most of) the spotlight in the blogs.
And now it appears to have come to an end. The youtube channel has recently been taken down by the creators, as has the blog
This series provides examples of:
- Abhorrent Admirer: Eric considers himself one.
- Action Survivor: Both Marc and Eric.
- Actually Pretty Funny: The comic book reviews on Eric's blog aren't really that bad, all things considered.
- Alien Geometries: Par for the course when it comes to Slenderblogs these days.
- And Now for Someone Completely Different
- Apocalyptic Blog: Marc's blog might be turning this way.
- Backstory: Given on the blog and in the Intro video.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Three guesses. The first two don't count. And no prizes.
- Behind the Black
- Being Watched: Marc never says he feels like he's being watched but it's implied when he starts taping himself at night and then it is immediately confirmed.
- The Blank: Subverted. This Slender Man only appears this way in person but looks human on video.
- The Call Knows Where You Live
- Character Blog: The whole thing.
- Chekhov's Gun: Marc showcasing his stereo in his first video doesn't seem so pointless now, does it?
- Crossover: Roy from That Tall Stalker Dude posts regularly. Even from beyond the grave.
- But not to the point that one needs to follow other blogs in order to keep up.
- Soy Sauce(?).
- Curiosity Killed the Cast: Marc starts off really interested in these weird, almost-but-not-quite posters from around town.
- Daylight Horror: Of course.
- Deal with the Devil: Marc and Eric seem to have fallen into a cycle of deals with the Slender Man where they keep giving themselves over to him for possession in order to save the other. Marc has taken measures to try and break this cycle.
- Demonic Possession
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: That's Marc's plan. But it's up to Eric to see it through.
- Do Not Go Gentle
- En Route Sum-Up: Marc seems to be attempting it.
- Failed a Spot Check: C'mon Marc, make sure to look completely around the corner next time!
- Fake Memories
- Follow the Leader: There are more than a couple homages to a rather well known Slenderblog.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: Attempted.
- Geek: Marc mentions a fairly substantial comic book collection. And Eric's blog was originally a comic book review site.
- Genre Blindness: In spite of what starts happening, Marc doesn't tell anyone what's happening. Not even his parents.
- It gets worse when he returns to the blog, writing off anything in the videos as a delusion/hallucination.
- Halfway Plot Switch: As of May 14th, this appears to have occurred.
- Homage: The whole thing appears to be one for Marble Hornets.
- Hope Spot: Eric has stopped looking into Marc's disappearance for the time being and is enjoying a break free of his prior coughing and cold spells. But it's only a matter of time before he looks at that last video...
- Idiot Ball: Marc is definitely holding it. Eric is too. It seems like the two of them are playing a friendly game of catch with it.
- Idiot Heroes
- Incurable Cough of Death: Eric complains about it in his blog...
- The Insomniac: Marc seems to have some slight trouble sleeping. Eric, too.
- It's Personal: It's been that way from the beginning for Eric.
- Jewish and Nerdy: Marc.
- Jigsaw Puzzle Plot
- Jump Cut: Used occasionally.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia
- Late to the Tragedy: Much like Jay, Eric got his hands on these videos a while after they were made.
- Leitmotif: The usual audio and visual distortion.
- Mind Screw: Is starting to enter this territory.
- Minimalism: The people making this are teenagers. So this is as much a design choice as it is a necessity.
- Missing Episode: Several. And they aren't so much missing as they are stolen.
- No Fourth Wall: Eric has no problem interacting with people that follow his blog online. And Marc doesn't either. In fact, several plot developments have been spurred along by commenter's.
- No Peripheral Vision
- Non-Action Guy
- Nothing Is Scarier: Attempted in Video Blog Entry# 14.
- Offscreen Teleportation: You know who.
- Oh, Crap!: Happens in Video Blog Entry #12.
- One of Us: Marc and Eric are avid comic book readers.
- Puppeteer Parasite
- Right Behind Me: This tends to happen. Just a bit though.
- Room Full of Crazy: Marc's room is a bit of a mess.
- Rule of Scary: It's attempted.
- Scrapbook Story
- Seeker Archetype: Marc and Eric.
- Shout-Out: A worn down copy of a Ghost Rider comic becomes a plot point. It's not surprising considering the two leads are comic book fans but there are certain parallels between the plot of the series and Ghost Rider that Eric points out.
- Stalker Without a Crush: Eric thinks Marc had one thanks to what he see in the videos and Marc's complete disappearance. He's half right.
- Stealth Hi/Bye
- The Tape Knew You Would Say That
- Took a Level in Badass: Eric takes a couple when he tears his Slender Man to pieces with his bare hands.
- Troubled Production: The video blog.
- Voice of the Legion: Marc
- Wham Episode: Video Blog Entry #12
- Wham Line: "I haven't seen anyone in a couple of weeks."
- Doesn't even begin to hold a candle to "Who the hell is Eric?"