So...how do I start this?
Perhaps with a quote from the very first line of the first entry of the blog doubling as a link to it? Formerly one of the three original Sages picked by Robert Sagel
. The Sages are three individuals who experimented with ways to contend with being stalked by Slender Man.
Shaun's method of testing was to use himself as bait while he tried to discover behavior patterns and repellants. As a result, Shaun had many direct confrontations that did not always end favorably for him.
Eventually, when the other two Sages either perished (Jay) or went into hiding (Robert), the title of Sage was passed onto three new individuals Zero
, Amelia, and Maduin
. Shaun, being the only one of the Sages still remaining, was retitled Guide
and was put to the task of mobilizing and coordinating the new Sages at their early stages.
His haunting began sometime in 2009. Unlike M, Shaun had the advantage of prior knowledge having been recorded, which told him to flee and that Slender Man would kill his friends and family if he didn't. Shaun was fortunately Genre Savvy
enough to do just that before Slendy "infected" his family. He left everything behind, even a girlfriend he was close enough to that he had entertained thoughts of marriage and a life together. His blog is unique in that he is one of the few teenagers (18 when the blog started) to play a significant role in the mythos. Also notable is the lack of a dragon
like totheark to torment Shaun as a secondary antagonist.
His current whereabouts are unknown, as the latest update came in November, 2010, when the wham episodes
were hitting the slendering community hard and Jay reemerged on Marble Hornets
with a new entry. His fate is still unknown, but given what happened in that time, the chances that this
are the last that will ever be heard from him are good. He is back.
Has nothing to do with mic checks.
Tropes associated with ''Testing 1, 2, 3:
- The Blank: Guess. Go ahead.
- Cluster F-Bomb: This entry.
- Humanoid Abomination: See The Blank.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: More like I want my beloved to not get brutally murdered by a monster no one truly comprehends, but yeah. He left everything behind once he realized what was happened.
- I Work Alone: Much like M, Shaun goes it alone for the most part. He's not above the occasional team-up for safety's sake, but all the testing will be done by his lonesome as he will risk no harm to others.
- Left Hanging: After his November post and Scott's confirmation that they met up at Future Grudge Report, he's pretty much vanished.
- Mad Scientist: Yes. Every bit as much as Robert Sagel.
- Shaun's experiments include trying to find symbols other than the Operator Symbol that work as repellants. None of the times he mentions experimentation with other symbols does one pop up that worked.
- Then he experimented on whether Slender Man prefers day or night for stalking. Neither. He's a Daylight Horror as well as a nighttime one.
- Then in the darkroom/lit room experiment, it turns out Slendy likes rooms lit with manmade light because it means there's probably potential pray in there.
- He also confirmed during the above experiment that crawl spaces make for good hiding places as slim never caught on. Of course, he will still probably get you trying to escape out the front door if you've pissed him off with a successful round of hide-and-seek.
- The McCoy: Shaun plays McCoy to Jay's Spock in terms of morality.
- The latter used human tests subjects via exposing them to the mythos and then watching how they handled being stalked from afar while Shaun takes all hurt and responsibility onto himself.
- Unreliable Narrator: Once. See below.
- Wanton Cruelty to the Common Comma: This happens at one point when Shaun gets temporarily taken over by Slender Man, but later come to his senses and continues the fight.
- Wild Mass Guessing: Part of the purpose of the blog.
- Your Mind Makes It Real: Yes. Yes it does.