The London Librarian
is the blog of Avalesca Farrell-Conquest, a Library Assistant in Central London with a science fetish. She started luring Slenderman to her back in May 2010 because "I wanted to prove he wasn't real...because
that worked, didn't it?"
The blog started in early January 2011 as just another slenderblog
until she broke her usual teen-blog
syntax and said that she was going out to Test a Theory
and that she would explain more later.
She ended up explaining that she in fact had just started a blog for the sole purpose of luring Slenderman to her so she could test her theories on how to stop him. At first, she tested the her theory with the aid of her mother, then, as the blog went on, she teamed up with Reach of What You Are in the Dark
and traveled Ireland, testing some mythology-related Theories and getting her brother Cameron to go back to England.
After going toe-to-toe with Slender Man and seemingly losing Reach, she journey to Egypt to investigate more of her mythology-related Theories. However, it emerged that Reach survived and, thanks to the intervention of Robert
, the two were reunited in Seattle, where they became a couple and worked with Tony
to break Robert out of a mental asylum. The entire breakout turned out to be setup by Robert, Reach and Ava's mutual nemesis Redlight, who took her hostage and tried to destroy her mind.
She eventually managed to get away from him and spent some time in a coma, recovering under Reach's care but when she woke up, her personality had been drastically altered and she had lost her formerly compassionate nature. She grew distant from Reach, which was later revealed to be a result of her discovering that she was pregnant with his child, though her decision to reveal this to him in a public chatroom while he was in a different country led to their breakup, though Reach still intended on raising the child with her.
Eventually, the two reunited once again, just long enough for Reach to apparently die at the hands of the Slender Man. After that, Ava spent some time at the Grey Haven
but the blog was updated very sparsely until it was announced by the Messenger that she had died giving birth to her and Reach's child, Michelle. According to the sequel of What You Are in the Dark, Inherit My Fear, Michelle managed to survive.
The London Librarian provides examples of:
- Action Girl: A recent promotion, since she tazered a Revenant bigger than her as he was fighting Reach.
- Animals Hate Him: Something Ava found out when her dog, Balthazar started growling at Slenderman. Leads to her getting three more dogs just so that they can help out with keeping them alive.
- Badass Normal: Ava, when she lures Slenderman to her Library and explodes his arms and her Mom, when she smashes a lit oil lamp into a Proxy's face.
- Battle Couple: She and Reach are both badass enough on their own but now that they're together? Slenderman, Chuck Norris and every other Memetic Badass better watch their backs.
- Being Watched: Played with, considering every time she sees Slenderman looking in she just closes the curtains.
- Berserk Button: Never ever take over one of her friend's blogs. She's very violent in her imagery.
- Combat Tentacles: Slenderman, obviously, but when Ava causes his arms to explode open he rips out one of her earrings from her head. Yeowch.
- Crazy Enough to Work: Her Theories, most notably, the Electromagnetic Theory which involves her luring Slenderman into the electromagnetic gates at her local Library. It actually did work.
- Cool Big Sis: Inky of Living a Jaded Life considers Ava such, in the twisted family that is the Slenderbloggers, even though they're about the same age. He's not wrong about the cool bit.
- Deadpan Snarker: The main reason she and Tony are friends.
- Don't Go in the Woods: Subverted. She lives in Central London, she said that the nearest woods is three miles away from her house.
- Evil-Detecting Dog: All of her dogs, the whole reason she got more dogs in the first place.
- Goshdang It To Heck: Averted. She swears "Like my Momma taught me."
- Hates Everyone Equally: Her new tag line: If you are not: Ray, Celie, Thage, Daisee, Fizz, Tony or Zeke...Kindly fuck off.
- Heroic BSOD: When one of her friends seemed like he was Hallowed. He wasn't, a Proxy stole his laptop.
- I Have Many Names: Namedropped, she has twelve middle names.
- Logic Bomb: Explaining why the Electrogate worked.
- Mad Scientist: Down to the ground. Read Slenderman's TV Tropes page? Lure him to you for eight months!! Slenderman's hanging around you? Lure him to your local Library to test a Theory!! Basically, if she thinks of something, she does it and documents what happens.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: Both Ava herself in commenting on almost all the other Slendyblogs and all the other Slendybloggers commenting on hers. Then again, this is the norm in an Alternate Reality Game.
- Mathematician's Answer: See Logic Bomb.
- Mood Whiplash: All the time. Bright happiness followed by Logic Bomb followed by Theory...
- One of Us: Mentions Tropes all the time. Her tagline is a play on one of our Cthulhu tropes.
- Someone to Remember Him By: She's pregnant with Reach's child.
- They Fight Crime: Referenced in one of the comments after she teams up with Reach.
She's a sassy scientist from Britain.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: After being tortured by redlight.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: To Tony on Get Your Game Face On
Tony: Hey Ava, you ballsy bitch.
Ava: Hey Tony, ya acerbic berk.
- You See, I'm Dying: Played with, both Ava and her Mom are in remission for Terminal Cancer, they've both said that they're planning on dying of natural causes just to spite Slenderman.
- Your Mind Makes It Real: Ava believes this Theory on Slenderman.