For such a cynical show, there are several moments of sheer awesome. Most belong to Malcolm Tucker, but other characters occasionally get their moments, too.
- Jamie and Malcolm rallying the full force of governmental obfuscation in 2.01. "Come on, unleash hell!"
- Malcolm's "YOU WILL SEE ME AGAIN!", where he demonstrates that when every odd is against him, he's a full-on Determinator.
- Nicola Murray calling out the business of politics itself as a "male obsession" with fighting and fucking.
- Malcolm's counterattack, in which he dismisses Nicola's opinion with a "Spare me your psycho fanny!" and has her believing that Peter Manion's sincere apology was just a cover for a lot of snickering behind her back.
- "Wake up and smell the cock!" Malcolm emerges the victor over Nick Hanway and keeps his job at the end of Spinners and Losers.
- When Nicola's daughter is almost expelled from school for bullying, Peter Mannion is put under pressure to use the story against Nicola, but he refuses on principle: "If you have to wade through all this shit to win the election then I'm happy to lose it!"
- "STEVE! There's one thing I can do..." Steve Fleming is convinced he's finally found a way to strip Malcolm of his power, but being a Smug Snake he just can't keep it to himself. In his bragging he rather stupidly explains the entire plan to Malcolm in great detail. Malcolm responds by uttering the ominous words above, but rather than elaborating on his own plan he just disappears with a little smile before convincing the Prime Minister to call an early general election.
Malcolm: "In twenty minutes' time, the Prime Minister of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is going to announce that he is calling the election."
- And there's the show's very first moment of awesome, where Malcolm decides he's had quite enough of Julius Nicholson's shit. "Would you gentlemen care to join me for a little circle jerk?" A few phone calls later, he's started rumours that Nicholson is in line to become Foreign Secretary. A few more, and he's convinced the PM that Nicholson himself is starting the rumours, and that Julius needs his wings clipping...
Malcolm: "Sleep lightly."
- The Description Cut He's Back moment.
Glenn: "Malcolm will have grabbed his fake passport by now, he'll be on a plane to Brazil and he's about to spend the rest of his days as the world's scariest dentist."
Malcolm: "Derek! Get the fuck down to ITN and start briefing the shit out of them!"
- Terri, of all people, gets one in 3.06, when she dares to point out (correctly!) that Malcolm's been making the wrong calls all episode. Admittedly, she's not quite bright enough to realize precisely what she's just done, but on grounds of sheer nerve alone...
- "You off to clear your desk Steve? Don't forget your lucky gonk and your "World's Shittiest Dad" mug.
- Peter Mannion gets one when he calls out Stuart at the end of "Thought Camp."
- In 4.04, Malcolm ousts Nicola as Leader of the Opposition, destroys Ben Swain's career for the next ten years, and has Dan Miller poised to be Nicola's successor.
- Even more awesomely, he makes arrangements for flowers to be sent to Nicola to twist the knife further before he does any of this, such are his brass balls and confidence that his plan will not fail.
- In 4.05, Peter Mannion suddenly gaining new confidence and taking charge of what could be a shitty situation. Especially the part which involves him simply turning round to Stuart and telling him bluntly to "shut the fuck up, you prancing shit", rendering him completely speechless, before following up said prancing shit's mutterings about not having the Prime Minister's approval to go ahead with Peter's (politically brilliant) idea with "Here's another way of looking at it: Let's. Goodbye."
- Unfortunately it does come back to bite him, as his decision to go ahead with his idea is a factor in the Goolding Enquiry spiraling out of control, whereas if he had waited for the PM's approval the extra time would have let them realise what they were getting themselves into and do something about it. This does not change the fact that Peter's idea really was a good one, and it was just bad luck that caused it to turn against him.
- While it may be a Villainous Breakdown, Malcolm calling bullshit on the Goolding Enquiry for their hypocrisy had a lot of truth in it.
- In fact Malcolm is generally awesome in that episode, and barring one serious mistake where it can be proven that he had Mr. Tickell's NHS number, he handles himself much more successfully than the others, and the contrast between him and Stewart, his so-called "opposite number", is especially pronounced. In particular, his method of defending himself by attacking the enquirers forces them to back down on a couple of points, and he does a good job of manipulating the enquirers' questions to be hurtful to some of his political enemies.
- Glenn's roared "WE DROVE A MAN TO HIS DEATH". Butt Monkey since the very first episode, he's finally had enough and with damn good reason.
- And in the very last episode, he resigns in the most spectacular fashion, emptying his office and giving everyone at DoSaC the most epic "The Reason You Suck" Speech before sauntering off. No-one may have been really bothered by his words, but that's the longest any of them have paid attention to Glenn in two years!
- During this scene, when Glenn tells off Adam for pretty much being the worst guy alive, somebody (probably Emma) yells "Hear hear!" while others applaud and Adam seems sufficiently disgruntled.
- the rants of both Stewart and Glenn seem to have made quite an impact on Fergus, who according to Glenn once had some principles. Maybe he's on his way to a Heel-Face Turn, although it's unlikely with Adam's influence.
- Malcolm's final episode rant to Ollie. All of it.
- Stewart's rant in the final episode: "You know, I've spent the last ten years detoxifying this party. Itís been a bit like renovating an old, old house, yeah? You can take out a sexist beam here, a callous window there, replace the odd homophobic roof tile, but after a while you realise this renovation is doomed because the foundations are built upon what I can only describe as a solid bed of cunts."