- During the Daredevil arc "The Devil, Inside and Out," fellow vigilante and occasional ally Matt Murdock AKA Daredevil is slowly breaking down while imprisoned at Ryker's Island. Frank is sitting a diner reading about Murdock's almost Punisher-like activities in jail. Deciding that Murdock needs a reminder of who he is, Frank gets up, heads outside, and casually breaks the neck of a pimp beating on one of his prostitutes, advises the girl to get clean and out of the life, and surrenders to a nearby police officer. Just to go help Daredevil.
- Later, during a prison riot intended to kill Daredevil, Frank calmly waits reading a book in his unlocked cell for DD to come get him...though any thug that dares take a run at him ends up in a pile of bodies outside the cell. He subsequently uses the riot to break himself and Daredevil out...by pretending to hold "helpless" blind lawyer Matt Murdock hostage at gun point, simultaneously springing them and creating a little more doubt that Murdock is Daredevil (which he's on trial for).
- Frank jumping out of a plane without a parachute from 35,000 feet up.
- That's nothing. Frank has jumped from a nuclear missile, with a rescued child.
- Frank's Big Damn Heroes moment, saving several Marvel superheroes from an evil Daredevil
- The "Confederacy of Dunces" arc (Garth Ennis's finale to his Marvel Knights run of the Punisher) is one long CMOA for Frank. Daredevil, Spiderman, and Wolverine decide to team up to bring the Punisher to justice once and for all. Frank just outsmarts the trio at every turn with a series of Batman Gambits culminating in him unleashing The Incredible Hulk on them. After the Hulk incapacitates Daredevil and knocks out Spiderman and Wolverine, the Punisher goes to the man without fear and points out that this is how far he had to go not to kill them. When Daredevil counters with a What the Hell, Hero? at Frank unleashing the Hulk, Frank responds by saying that he found an unconscious Bruce Banner and fed him stew with C4 hidden inside it and then detonates it, knocking out the Hulk by forcing him to turn back into Bruce Banner to escape the pain of a huge stomachache. The Punisher then says one last Hannibal Lecture to Daredevil before leaving:
- Issue #3 of Greg Rucka's 2011 mainstream series comic cements his reputation as THE BADASS NORMAL of the Marvel universe, with him facing off against the new, red-costumed Ax-Crazy incarnation of The Vulture, who gave even Spider-Man trouble when he faced him. After being snatched up by the psycho's talons and having a crazy prolonged mid-air battle, Frank finally ends him by ramming his combat knife into his chest and throat numerous times, resulting in both of them falling into the streets of New York with The Vulture dead and Frank losing an eye, some broken ribs and a leg. And you know what? He just keeps on going after a few months of healing.
Dying Thug: ...who...who are you?Frank: Die curious.
- Later in the same series, Frank goes undercover at an Auction of Evil. When, after allowing himself to be captured, he escapes and kills the overly-confident thug who was trying to beat some information out of him...
- The Punisher (2004)
- Punisher: War Zone
- #DIRTYLAUNDRY is one of these in both what happens in the movie and its existence in of itself. Just...watch it.